Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hello all, I applied for South Yorkshire last year. Passed everything but vetting. Failed for not declaring a fpn for a exhaust problem £50 which I complelty forgot about And I had a discliplnary ( management advice) which was a bit of a strange one... Had a complaint from a detainee, he was drifting around roundabouts at a busy time on a busy road, I stayed behind him and flashed my lights, from this I got a disciplinary for a traffic irregularity, which I had some advice from management, this advice was very wishy washy, the management who was a regular inspector from a neighbouring force emailed and just said me flashing my lights was below…
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
HI All,0 I have had two final interviews now one for West Yorkshire late last year and I had one for Humberside yesterday which again i failed The feedback from West Yorkshire was awful - It just stated i scored low for all the questions so I couldnt even improve from that. I have another interview coming up with Lincolnshire Police on the 25th of this month - can anyone please give me some suggestions on how to improve myself or prepare for the interview? I currently work in the security industry and have been a Special for Lincs for the past 2 years. I just feel like my answers for the interview questions are strong enough or Im just not saying what the…
-
-
- 25 replies
- 14.6k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a pickle. I've just been accepted to go into a force where I need to sit an exam based on the CKP. All good so far. The only problem is that I got my CKP from going through the full recruitment of another force i.e. when I completed police training at said school they issued you with a CKP certificate. That's also lovely and made it possible for me to apply elsewhere. Now, this is my specific problem: Throughout training school we obviously learnt everything that we needed to go out onto the streets not just the CKP so I don't know where the CKP modules started and the other law finished. I hope I'm making sense here! This is making it …
-
Hello, Im just about to start filling in my app form and found there isn't an option for self employed on the employment section! Should I put down the companies I've worked with (2 for the past 4 years) for references or leave it blank? Sorry if this is covered previously but I can't seem to find anything of use from the search results. Thanks
-
- 3 replies
- 359 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Evening All, Recently passed the Final interview, just getting my medical and vetting sorted out. Unfortunately from the point of applying to one year beforehand, i have had three periods of absence due to illness, totaling 5 days. I'm certain I'm going to get dropped due to that (really frustrating, although it's not in writing yet) I'm just wondering if anyone has any insight into the way HR works on these things. I know I will just have to do it all and see what happens but it's sitting as a weight on my mind 24/7. Kind regards, Francis. Sent from my iPhone using Police Community
-
-
- 24 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, Big day coming up soon the final hurdle after passing all the others fairly well (albeit 64 in AC 100 for verbal reasoning I was proud of mind you) being the final interview for West Mids hoping to start with the September intake if all goes well. I have been trawling through the interwebs and the forum but there seems to be little regarding what sort of questions they will ask. At the fitness stage a lady from HR said that it was almost a rubber stamping procedure but was this just to alleviate some fears? Any help would be awesome and thanks in advance Houlbrooke
-
Hello, Is anybody doing their CKP Course with E-Laws? Has anybody done their CKP with E-Laws? Final Examination on Monday, nervous as anything. What did you find the final exam to be like? How in depth and how much do you really need to know? Any advice or tips for final revision this weekend welcome!
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Current situation- passed my final interview, in vetting and reference phase, done my ctc check form and sent off my references back to police.....1 week after this (and everyone at work knowing where I am at this point in process) I was suspended from work last Friday with an allegation and with a fact finding tomorrow.....I'm devastated beyond belief due to the timing and the fact it could ruin my potential career soon....my current work have not received anything from police yet regarding refeeence and only put down facts based on what they are asked.....any help or guidance please on this awful situation which is very coincidental seeing as incident involved in happe…
-
- 4 replies
- 689 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I am stressed about vetting, in 2015 my mother was charged for assault and made to pay a fine. This single incident is the only criminality in my/ my family's history. I live with her currently but would be relocating to another county and living away from her if I was successfully appointed. Has anyone got any experience either themselves, a friend etc. that has a similar issue but has passed vetting? From the info Avon and Somerset put online this shouldn't necessarily be an issue. I have however seen a lot of people say on here and elsewhere that they have failed vetting and believe it to be because of x,y,z family member who was arrested for x,y,z however …
-
- 4 replies
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Afternoon all Many of us are aware that applying to two police forces to be an officer is mostly a no-no - for the most part it appears that you can't apply to two forces that use the SEARCH assessment, but sometimes (depending on the force policy) you can apply for, say, BTP and a HO force simultaneously due to their differing assessments. To take this a step further, does anyone know if you're allowed to apply for Police Scotland and a HO force from England? I say this because Police Scotland don't use the SEARCH assessment. I will followup with an email to HR but just wondered if anyone knew off-hand. Thanks a lot
-
- 7 replies
- 520 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello! I have recently completed my final interview with Northumbria and I have been given a conditional offer of employment, dependent on vetting m, fitness ect.... However today, I have received a letter informing me that I have been clocked speeding (38 MPH in a 30zone) Will this effect my application or would there be a chance I could do a speed awareness course. I've no points on my licence and I've never attended a course before. Many thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Police Community
-
Found at a 9am this morning that I haven't passed the final inforce interview for SYP. I was only interviewed yesterday and felt it went well at the time. It was purely competency based. I was on time, spoke clearly, sat up straight etc. What are the rules for transferring an AC score from one force to another? I achieved 67 at the AC which seems to be a good score so I am hoping another force will give me an opportunity.
-
-
- 30 replies
- 8.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
I was yesterday sent a conditional offer of employment - training starting on 30 May 2017. However, within that email, they stated that I am already doing the CKP myself and to send them the certificate before 30 May. This is clearly wrong as I ticked the box stating that I was going to do it internally. I then emailed them asking them whether this was a mistake and to clarify. They did not email back. I forwarded the email again today and they emailed back telling me that they have not received my vetting form - I sent it last month! And within the conditional offer of employment they implied that my vetting had been cleared. Surely they wouldn't send me an offer without…
-
-
- 1 reply
- 815 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have signed up to this site as I have been considering applying to Merseyside police since I was 19, however I was studying law in university and went on to become a solicitor. I have taken time out recently as I don't enjoy my job and profession is failing somewhat, and now at age of 37, I'm wondering if it's worth applying now, closing date is today. I've always been curious and feel I would have made a better police officer than lawyer but despite encouragement from my family I'm thinking, I'm too old, too set in ways etc, but then again don't want to leave it and in another couple of years look back with regret. Can anyone offer any advice, anyone in simil…
-
-
- 10 replies
- 641 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hello all, Recently been told by my force that it's unlikely I will be starting before Jan 2018, this is despite filling out forms and signing declarations stating we wouldn't book any annual leave in 2017. Passed an in house interview and SEARCH to get to this point. Considering transferring my application to another force. Does anyone have any experience positive/negative about this process? Many thanks
-
- 7 replies
- 523 views
- 1 follower
-