Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. KP0790
    Started by KP0790,

    I've got my first interview with Police Scotland over the next week and is there any other hints and tips I should know? I've spent time with a PC not long out of probation to go through org structure, daily role demands, local concerns and training involved. I've gone through the competencies as well and should have enough examples but is there anything glaringly obvious I should look at?

  2. Ctr-lib
    Started by Ctr-lib * ,

    Hi I have my assessment centre coming up and wondered what's the best thing to wear? I normally attend interviews in a suit but since this is just exams and tests I'm not sure what to wear any thoughts? thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 4.4k views
  3. cjackson93
    Started by cjackson93,

    Hi everyone. Just wanted to know - are we copied into all the emails with our reference requests ?? I have received a start date for training and CKP and so my vetting is done. Just waiting on references..... Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 706 views
  4. SCWYP
    Started by SCWYP,

    Im currently applying for a PC role. Im just wondering if the books like how 2 become are worth buying? I have sent my application and wondering if its worth getting one about the SEARCH to give me some tips? Or is it worth just turning up and being yourself? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

    joey_shabadoo +
  5. Duster
    Started by Duster,

    Hi im from the March 2016 intake, everything completed and just told that i will hear regarding formal offer. think the training starts Nov 16 , just wondered if anyone else has heard or waiting. thanks in advance

  6. lynsmc85
    Started by lynsmc85,

    Just looking for some advice. I have passed my fitness test, but obviously I want to maintain/improve my fitness and be able to pass bleep test in future. What sort of training are you all doing on a reg basis? I am attending fitness classes and going to the gym 4 times a week but not ran in a while [emoji51] Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

  7. trawle91
    Started by trawle91 * ,

    Hey, As the title suggest I am worried about my tattoos, they're ALL coverable and not visible with a short sleeve shirt on (all upper arm bar the one on my leg) I'll add below the ones I'm worried about to gather some opinions before I apply. I read on one recruitment that Tattoos of weapons would make your application immediately rejected yet another force didn't say anything of the sort. None of them mean any harm or disrespect but I can easily see how someone in recruitment could deem them to be. A Dagger going through a heart, it's not bloody or gory, it just slides through no blood or anything from it. An Axe on the back of my arm, again it…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
  8. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    Hi, I'm due to attend a small claims court in the next few weeks over a car accident claim that occurred almost two years ago now. Basically neither myself or the third party accept liability and therefore it has ended up going to court. I'm presuming that this will not affect my vetting process to become a police officer? This is a civil matter and not criminal one. I was planning to make HR aware of the case anyway. Thanks in advance. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  9. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    Hi guys, Has anybody been on one of these courses e.g. Talking blues, bluelightconsultancy? Are they recommended or frowned upon? Are they necessary or can you cover everything yourself from home to pass with a good mark? I have my AC coming up start of March and wanted to cover all basis for preparation. Thanks in advance. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  10. adsearle76

    Hello, I am considering a career change. The Direct Entry programme is interesting to me so I thought I'd do some research to find out more about it. Does anyone have any experience or feedback they'd like to share with me? Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance. Anthony

  11. layla4
    Started by layla4,

    Hi just a quick question for anyone who's been to tulliallan esp ladies. I know I've to get plain black shorts any ideas what length or where I can get them. All I can find are football style shorts or do they allow running tights underneath any women's shorts Thanks Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

  12. JulietAlpha1

    I'm considering transferring from the Met back up North and I was wondering if anyone knew whether you can apply to more than one force at the same time? I've struggled finding anything on the internet about it.

    Policey_Man +
  13. centaurandrew
    Started by centaurandrew,

    Hi there. Just a quick question as someone potentially starting as a new constable soon. I have seen the £19383 - £22443 starting pay scale. When I put this into a PAYE calculator it tells me that on an annual salary of £22443 I could expect to take home £1535 a month. I had heard that under the new pension scheme contributions are quite high. Can anyone confirm what the actual net pay is after all deductions? Apologies if covered before but I couldn't find it.

  14. Wilson28
    Started by Wilson28,

    I have recently been successful in joining SYP and I'm currently undergoing the pre-employment checks. They state they'll look at my attendance over the past three years and allow no more than 33 working days off or no more than 5 absences. However, I have had more than 33 days off with 2 absences. I was off with fractures to my face on the first occasion, and a leg injury on the other. I went to hospital for both. Will I still be OK with this? Thanks Sent from my SM-G920F using the Police Community App

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 646 views
  15. Morpheus

    After getting through the assessment centre, i have passed my final in-force interview. I am worried regarding Medical / Fitness / Vetting stages. Should i be worried regarding this bit of the process ?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 840 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.