Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    This is one form which seems to cause so much confusion and worry, we thought we would try to assist where possible without actually completing the form for you ! At this stage of the application, it is vital that candidates can demonstrate the core competencies needed to be effective in the role of police constable. You need to be able to demonstrate that you have the competencies for your application to proceed to the next stage.[/i] Please answer truthfully as you may be asked to expand on these examples at assessment. Do not use continuation pages. Continuation pages will not be scored. Q1 It is vitally important that police officers show respect for others, …

  2. LukeL
    Started by LukeL * ,

    Hi just joined this forum. Looking for people who have recent experience of the Notts (or any force for that matter) force/board interview. Have only just found out I passed the assessment centre and have had no guidance re what to expect for the force/board interview as yet. A quick google shows a Notts policy doc that states the interview also includes a psychometric test. Any advice greatly appreciated, I don't want to fall at this hurdle through being unprepared. Thanks Luke

    • 1 reply
    • 454 views
    Reasonable Man +
  3. 999bill
    Started by 999bill,

    Hello all, after some advice. I've got a start date in November.....I'm working offshore at present and pretty well paid....however.....the Police is something I've wanted to do for 20 years....my head is saying stay offshore (for money purposes and all the things it can bring) but I've no interest in the work at all....yet my heart is saying join the Police as the variety, job satisfaction, excitement plus the sense of doing a job that matters appeals to me so so much......I'd appreciate any advice from serving cops please. Cheers.

  4. misty23
    Started by misty23,

    Hi all Just wondered what the dress code is for the assessment centre? Anyone have theirs coming up?? Tia

  5. Pc Hopeful
    Started by Pc Hopeful * ,

    Hello to all, having recently attended the Assessment Centre (for which I will refer to as AC going forward), can anyone breakdown how you are marked on performance? For example, I attended an pre AC evening briefing before attending (highly recommended to attend if you are able to by the way), where it was explained that the interactive module forms 60% of your total mark. So to get to what I believe is a 50% total mark, which is a pass for my chosen force, how is this 60% broken down? I never got close to a resolution, and there were awkward moments of silence where I struggled, instead of thinking on my feet, I fell flat on my backside. To be to…

  6. Amw4
    Started by Amw4,

    Hi all I had my in-house interview this week and just found out that I didn't pass. As my AC score is valid for 12months, does this mean I will go straight to another interview in 6months? Also - if I transfer this AC score to another force, will I go straight for final interview with that force also? Any advice? Thanks all

  7. gemckeown101
    Started by gemckeown101,

    Hey guys, I have my medical tomorrow for Dorset police, not going to like I am a bit worried. The thing I am worried about is my bmi! It's currently 33 as it stands but I am still on a diet. So far I have lost almost 5 stone in weight since August 2016. I go for a run between 4/5 times a week at a moment to improve my fitness and obviously my health. I have spoken to my recruitment lady for Dorset on the phone and they don't have a exact number for bmi as everyone is different it's more about proving you a fight enough to do the job. I obviously believe I am! I still want to lose around another 2stone before my provisional start date given. What can you guys suggest or ad…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.5k views
    OldFella1836 *
  8. GuitarSlinger
    Started by GuitarSlinger * ,

    Ok, bit silly of me but I have a question regarding the hair substance misuse test. How far back does the test go? Two years ago I smoked a few joints in Amsterdam on a friends stag do. I had no intention of joining the police at the time. Obviously I haven't smoked anything or done any drugs whatsoever in the past two years, what I'm wondering is whether it will come up as positive on the drugs test and cause me to fail it. Any advice will be appreciated

  9. Amw4
    Started by Amw4,

    Just had the amazing news that I've passed the AC and have a final interview booked in. Any and all (ethical) tips would be much appreciated going forwards. It's not far away, and I'd be gutted to fall down at this stage. Congrats to all those recently passed, and commiserations to those finding out the opposite. This wasn't my first attempt so hang in there.

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3.8k views
  10. H03570282
    Started by H03570282,

    Do you suggest doing external or internal Met Police CKP.

  11. Chalky1989
    Started by Chalky1989,

    As part of the application, obviously I'm having to give my fingerprints and DNA later this month, which I have no objection to at all as it's for obvious and sensible reasons. I'm just curious if anyone knows, if I was somehow to either cancel my application or failed in other areas, will this be kept on record? No objection to it, more a curiosity to be honest. As far as I know if someone was arrested but not charged, it normal gets deleted within a month(or 3 years if it's applied for). Genuinely don't have a problem with it staying on record though, I've nothing to hide in that regard.

    • 2 replies
    • 581 views
  12. MancMoss

    Hello, I am currently in the process of being vetted with STAFFS, The starts dates keep getting pushed back and I am now looking at next year for a start date if all goes well with my security clearance. I was wondering as I am from Manchester, Does anybody know if it is possible to transfer my application to GMP and will I have to do any if not all of the stages again. I passed my SEARCH with GMP originally. Thanks Everyone

  13. Resh42
    Started by Resh42,

    Hi everyone, Just a quick question! I was wondering how the police notify you of your final acceptance. I am waiting to hear back from vetting etc and have been told we will hear by the end of Jan. How do they tell you, by post or email? Thanks

  14. Amw4

    Hi I'm new to this forum so sorry if its been answered but I can't find it anywhere. Recently had my A/C. Does anybody on here know how the marking is weighted? Thanks!

  15. kyle17290
    Started by kyle17290,

    Hi, new here so firstly hello. I'm currently in the process of waiting on the outcome of my vetting. Recieved an email yesterday telling me i had been invited to a vetting interview. Is this standard procedure or have they found something. I'm extremely anxious and worried as im so close and its all I've ever wanted to do, I've resigned myself that i wont get pass vetting now as they must of fpund something. None of my family to my knowledge have any cautions or a criminal record. My finances are in good order, my only outgoings being car finance and my mobile phone contract. (never missed a payment) Am i worrying unnecessarily? Be grateful for any info, thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
    gremindahouse

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.