Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Resh42

    HELP!!! I am having a nightmare at the moment. I have my LONG awaited start date coming up in 2 weeks and 2 months ago developed plantar fasciitis It is a horrible horrible pain in my feet, which is all honestly is improving VERY slowly! For anyone who isn't sure what it is it is basically it is what is like a shock absorber on the bottom of your foot that connects your heel and top part of your foot and causing massive pain when walking. It happens in the morning and evening mostly. So during the day I feel pretty ok although I am not sure how running etc would go down. My issue is.... Do I tell my force about this and explain I will be fine during my first 3 …

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 699 views
  2. TheFNG
    Started by TheFNG,

    Hi there, Hopefully, I'm near the end of my recruitment process, but as wit most things th information available to me is generally conflicting. I am a serving Prison Officer, I have completed medical and physical. Today I got my CTC online vetting, which is now completed and sent off. i have also had a conditional start date of August.... things are close, however this seems to be a thing. if anyone has any experience with this sort of 11th hour stuff, could you please let me know how you've gotten on? Not sure what the next stages are, to sure when my CTC will come back, generally not sure in general! My only glimmer of hope is that recruitment feel…

    OldFella1836 *
  3. Frankspensers
    Started by Frankspensers,

    Has anyone attended an assessment centre preparation course? I have looked at a couple of different providers but most of them only cater for candidates in the south or east. Me being in the north east I have found the Talking Blues course and wondered if anyone has attended it and recommended it? Thanks in advance Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 3 replies
    • 859 views
    joey_shabadoo +
  4. Ajdavies80
    Started by Ajdavies80,

    Hi, after many months of checking emails and thinking I wouldn't make it I have been accepted into Dyfed Powys! I am on a roller coaster of emotions at the moment and I think it is still sinking in. Looking at many other feeds I know now which boots I need to buy and general info, thanks to the many who have commented. I have a question I am hoping someone might be able to help me with.... i would like to buy either of these books Blackstone's Police Operational Handbook: Practice And Procedure or Blackstone's Handbook for Policing Students 2017 can anyone recommend which one I should buy?

  5. Talleran
    Started by Talleran,

    Hi everyone, and thanks to all posters. Some great info on here! Have been reading and researching to try and prepare in case I'm selected, but I can't seem to find any details on what to expect from a telephone interview. There's lots about final interviews and assessment centre but very little about telephone. Will I be given notice and material to read to give me an idea before? Will it take a f format more similar to a final or assessment interview? Also, has anyone here heard back from WMP application yet? Thanks in advance, Luca.

  6. TSteve1210
    Started by TSteve1210,

    Hi everyone, If anyone has been or is currently going through the Police Scotland recruitment process especially through West Command could they give me a bit of help. I sent my application back in April and got my confirmation of receipt on April 28th and it was a long wait until the 2nd of August when I was told I had passed the paper sift. They said it may take some time to provide me with a further update however I was wondering do you get invited to the initial fitness test within a few weeks from that email or do you still have to wait another few months? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Also I'm not sure what tags are or ho…

  7. PrimeCut
    Started by PrimeCut,

    Hi there Apologies I wasn't sure where to ask this. I was wondering if it were possible to sit just the exam for the CKP from an approved provider, or whether I was required to pay through the nose for an elongated course of information I have already learnt? A bit like how you can pay to sit a GCSE as an external candidate without having to go through the entire course itself.

  8. PoliceHopeful
    Started by PoliceHopeful,

    Hi, I recently changed my email address and updated all of my social media to make them private and deleted many people I didn't know properly (those from school etc). Will the change of email address affect my vetting as I've only had my new email for about a month? Thanks in advance.

    PoliceHopeful
  9. Bondirob
    Started by Bondirob,

    Hi, I'm considering applying to West Yorkshire, however I am 43 so would it be a realistic second career at my age? It's sort of now or never I've been an engineer since leaving school but it's not something I'm passionate about. Where as I see joining the police as my way of helping others and contributing to society in some way. Im not considering joining the police for financial reasons as I would be taking a huge pay cut, but how long is it before the initial training is over and the first pay raise comes into effect? I ask because should I be successful I'd be right on the limit financially at 22k Thanks Rob

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. gemckeown101
    Started by gemckeown101,

    Hello everyone I have just received an email yesterday from the force I'm applying to to say that they have to delay intakes of 2017/2018 to 2018/2019. My provisional start date was for December this year. Does this likely mean now that this won't happen? Has anyone else been in a similar situation ? I'm so worried about this now that I won't actually get it after working so hard. Also my local force are I believe recruiting soon? If my application gets terminated with them does that mean I can no longer apply with them also?? Thank you

    • 5 replies
    • 945 views
  11. misty23
    Started by misty23,

    How disappointing is it to receive the email stating you've failed!! 93% in oral comms too! Oh well back to the drawing board [emoji52]

  12. gabbyt6
    Started by gabbyt6,

    I’m a little bit worried about the medical B.M.I check. I’m not a fat person, I’m a regular gym goer and runner and I am training for a half marathon. My gym program involves a lot of weight training which week on week I increase so I can lift heavier weights as time progresses. I have a very good level of fitness and strength and am in good health (apart from the occasional common cold). My concern is that my B.M.I says I am overweight. To look at me it doesn’t appear I am and I wear size 10-12 clothes which is considered normal for the average woman and I eat a very healthy diet. My assumption is that the extra “weight” is due to me continually building muscle whi…

    newby11546620625
  13. billyboy
    Started by billyboy,

    Hi guys. I have now completed all pre employment checks. Does any one know how we now get an offer of employment is it email or is it a letter? Also is anyone else currently applying for HP??

    • 2 replies
    • 415 views
  14. calum
    Started by calum,

    Hi All, Next month I have my first ever SEARCH assessment centre with Nottinghamshire Police. I have a good idea what will be happening and what I'll need to do whilst I'm there. But I would appreciate if anyone has any tips on what I can do to help prepare for it before? Thanks in advance!

    • 7 replies
    • 1k views
  15. calum

    Hi all, Might sound a silly question but I know only some forces have final interviews. Is Nottinghamshire Police one of those? Has anyone gone through the process with Notts this year? For some reason I was under the impression that it was all done on the same day as the AC, as the pre read suggests this. However the Notts website seems to mention the psychometric test and competency interview is on a different stage. Can anyone help? Thanks!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.