Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. kotorftw
    Started by kotorftw * ,

    Hello all I have been given a start date for the 31st July which i am happy about. However i was wondering how long after starting am i allowed to take leave? My partner is currently pregnant and lives in a different country, because of this i was hoping to go there when she gives birth. If the initial training is only 12 weeks then i might make it in time if i am allowed time off. does anyone know anything that could help me out?

    James Murphy
  2. H-H

    Hi guys, Something that I know @danswans has touched on in another thread but something that there is not much input on, does anyone have any advice on coming up with good questions to ask the interviewers at a final interview? I was thinking of asking 2; a) I'm fairly interested in working alongside SC's and acting as a mentor for less experienced officers, is that something that I would need to go on a course for and would I be able to do that once independent or would it be more at my Sgt's discretion as to whether he's happy to pair me with them? b) I know there are 3 exams during the 19 weeks classroom phase, but how balanced is the learning/asses…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 681 views
  3. junior_7178
    Started by junior_7178,

    I'm having a bit of a nightmare with competencies and could do with some help. I have the sheet issued by the CoP with the 6 Core Competency headings, then under each one there is about a paragraph of questions/statements. I'll call these the sub-competencies. Personally I have bundles of life experience, Armed Forces, volunteering, charity work, own company etc. Yet I am really struggling to get good quality competency examples. It isn't that I haven't done anything with my life, I'm just struggling with some sort of mental block on how to interpret what they want, I think mainly because nobody talks in the gobbledygook that they do in the sub-competencies. Doe…

  4. Laura21
    Started by Laura21,

    Hello, I passed my force interview last week and next stage is the fitness. If I'm honest, my fitness is not very good. I'm in a very sedentary job and haven't played sports in years. I decided to start running a week or two ago and decided to stick to one mile until I feel I can do more. I'm currently at a 10 minute mile, consistent jogging. Going to try a bleep test to see where I am. Can anyone advise if my method of training is okay? I've heard so much about this test and conflicting ways to train for it. I've not had a date for the test yet but presume it will be within the next 3 to 4 weeks. Have I got time to improve? Thanks in advance. Laura

  5. moonster
    Started by moonster,

    Good evening. Anyone tried typing on microsoftword for COLP PC application? Having major problems with it, it will not insert the typed words correctly, in the given lines and space, or neatly. Anyone had similar issues?

  6. gabbyt6
    Started by gabbyt6,

    So, i attended an Assessment Centre for my local force on December 1st and scored 57% which although I think is good (this is my first attempt) it wasn't sufficient for my chosen force who request a pass mark of 60%. I contacted another force in December about a score transfer who agreed I could transfer to them which is great but they advised they wouldn't be able to consider my application until September 2017 which I was slightly disappointed about due to the length of time but figured it was still a good opportunity so agreed to the terms as i'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get in. They asked for all my documents (application form, AC feedback report ETC) to be…

  7. djaysoft
    Started by djaysoft,

    Hi All I have just finished my five week street duties/coached patrol following my foundation course and overall it didn't go all that well if I'm honest. One problem was that everyone was posted with a different instructor each day and I'd be interested to know whether this often happens or whether student officers in other areas/forces have more consistency. This to me was a bit like learning to drive and having a new driving instructor every day who didn't know you and what your strengths and weakesses and areas to improve were. I found that I achieved much more when I managed to get the same instructor for two days in a row not least because we could pick up…

    • 2 replies
    • 754 views
  8. nightowl
    Started by nightowl,

    On the form I'm filling out before going along to a vetting day there's a question about which forums or chatrooms I'm a member of. How much checking is done in terms of this? Does someone take a look around to see what you are a member of? I'm not a member of anything dodgy, but am just wondering if I really need to list everything I'm a member of online.

  9. Bradley999
    Started by Bradley999,

    Hi whilst I'm waiting for my result very anxiously!! Could anyone tell me the pass mark etc please many thanks brad.

  10. JPTR1
    Started by JPTR1 * ,

    Hello! I have recently applied and have an upcoming paper day, or an 'information day session' which is set to occur across 2 hours yet the information states that we will only be with them for 'up to 20 minutes' to sign the necessary registration documents. The email says that there will be a short speech and an opportunity to ask current police officers any questions that we might have. I am hoping to get some advice in terms of what to be prepared for, are these events generally just to sign the required documents, or should I be prepared for something else that they might spring upon us? Also there is no mention of formality, is the session generally more relaxed…

  11. kotorftw
    Started by kotorftw * ,

    Hello all So my university has been asked to give a reference on my behalf, and one of the questions they ask is about attendance. While i was studying my attendance was really poor, around 50% because i just never wanted to be there. Is this going to create any issues? My work attendance was been 100% in my new job and more than 98% in previous jobs. Thanks in advance - Connor

    • 2 replies
    • 586 views
  12. loduty
    Started by loduty,

    Hi all, I guess this is a decision for me but I would value some opinions/feedback - I am at final interview stage which I still have a lot to do work for to be successful. However my question is, I applied and was given a project with my current long term employer with one of their franchise partners just before I found out my local police force were recruiting. So from next week I'll be working for a new employer. The project is due to be finished end July, I do not want to let my employer down but if I was successful in becoming a police officer- I am told there are two intakes, one in July and one later in the year. Do you think HR would be understanding of my positi…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 838 views
  13. Bradley999
    Started by Bradley999,

    Could anyone please tell me how long it takes for a result from the assessment centre I had mine with GMP at sedgley park. thanks

    KarlCophopeful
  14. jamiewiles101
    Started by jamiewiles101 * ,

    I spoke to recruitment two days ago because they wanted to give me a medical date and provisional start date. I had to resend my tattoo pictures off and references for work and authority to allow ep to contact my references so I done that. And then got the email today saying I wasn't eligible. After speaking over the phone I'm not sure what to do. <removed> is who I spoke to and she basically said because I got disqualified last year (parking in zigzag and 50 in 40mph zone) I was rejected. <removed> recruitment in Chelmsford said at assessment centre you don't need a DL for this role at all. I spoke to dvla and they said anything on your driving record …

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    Hi, I've got my 'final' interview coming up next week, except it's not final as this force does the interview before the assessment centre now. Basically looking for any last minute revision pointers or tips? I've put in a lot of time revising for this interview. I have covered the force values, aims, key figures, local area and even memorised figures to do with performance. Revised the core competencies and gone over my competency questions in my application form incase they are mentioned. Also covered questions I believe will most likely come up and role played the answers with myself (I must look odd doing this). I don't want to come across too rehearsed though…

    Clear Left!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.