Your privacy is very important to us, and we understand that it is important to you. We have also made some changes as a result of the GDPR rules. Consequently we would like to let you know how information we collect about you is used, if we collect it through this website.
- The only information we will collect is that which you supply when you register. As a minimum that's your email address and your chosen username. You may optionally provide us with other information including your date of birth, your location and other details.
- We will only ever use any of the information you supply to service your account (specifically, to provide you with the website and forum services), and to answer questions you may ask us. We won't share your information with advertisers, merchants or other third parties.
- Notwithstanding the above, if RAW Digital Media Limited receives a legitimate request from a police force or other such authority to disclose information about a particular user in order to facilitate an investigation into disciplinary or criminal matters, then RAW Digital Media Limited will co-operate with such a request and release the requested information subject to all relevant aithorities.
- Any additional information you choose to publish about yourself by posting it on this forum is considered to be in the public domain and is therefore beyond the scope of this policy.
- If you think that any information we hold about you is incorrect, please get in touch as soon as possible so we can make relevant amendments.
- The information you provide to RAW Digital Media Limited is stored in a password protected database on a webserver which is connected to the internet. The webserver is the computer which holds the website and forum.
- We will make every effort to protect the information you provide to us from being accessed by anybody not entitled to view it. However it is a fact of life that no computer system is 100% secure and can under certain extreme circumstances be compromised. By using this site, you agree to indemnify the owner of this site and its agents against any liability should such a situation arise, and for any subsequent use of such information.
- Log Files We keep log files of the way visitors use the site which allows us to view and analyze trends, track user movements, and gather data for demographic locations. This is entirely anonymous and not attached in any way to visitors' personal identification.
- PayPal We use PayPal to manage payments for products ordered online from this website. PayPal is an entirely seperate website and RAW Digital Media Limited only receives information form PayPal to administer your order but does not receive credit/debit card details. PayPal has their own data protection policy which you should refer to for further information.
- Links External sites linked to from RAW Digital Media Limited do not fall under the terms of this privacy statement. We are not responsible for privacy policies of other websites linked to RAW Digital Media Limited. Please read the privacy statement of each such website for information and data use for visitor's personal identification.
- Contests From time to time, RAW Digital Media Limited may conduct contests for our visitors. Participation in these contests is voluntary. Contest winners may be asked to provide further personal information such as name, e-mail and postal address which may be stored on the website. This information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes.
- Restricted Areas. To gain access to restricted areas we may require personal information such as name address, works email address, warrant/ID number and photographic ID. If this information is supplied then RAW Digital Media Limited will retain that information for the valid period to administer the enhanced level of access.
- Profile Privacy. All members have the ability from their edit profile page to set their profile to be visible to All Visitors, Members Only or Administrators Only.
Personal Data Retention Period
All users of the forum where personal information is obtained are entitled to request for their account to be closed at any time. Upon request all enhanced access will be removed and the account anonymised to remove personal data. We will not delete forum content, posts or contributions as these are in the public domain and are owned by RAW Digital Media Limited.
All users can at anytime request a copy of the information we hold on our systems and this will be supplied in a readable format. RAW Digital Media Limited will retain information on an individual for a reasonable period of time. Details will be removed upon request after account closure except where there is a legitimate interest to retain information whereby the forum owners will determine what length of time constitutes legitimate interest on a case by case basis and you have a right to be notified of what that period is.
In general an account can be closed direct from your account settings page. Once an account is closed it can only be re-activated by an administrator. If you would like to close your account then we advise you set your profile to private first. Only once an account is closed would we consider deletion requests of data. This however will be subject to legitimate interest as determined by the reviewing administrator.
Serving Officers Please Note
Serving officers are reminded that the forum is public, open to overseas officers and members of the general public. It should not be treated as a secure medium and it is therefore your responsibility to ensure that nothing is said or inferred on the forum that may interfere with current operations or bring your force into disrepute, and that you do not release any information whatsoever that is not already in the public domain. "In the public domain" means the information has already been widely circulated on TV and/or radio, in the mainstream press, or on public access internet news sites. Note that on occasion, information which has previously been published in the mainstream may for legal reasons be subject to reporting restrictions at a later time; such information must not be reproduced here on the forum.
Any breaches of the above policy may result in disciplinary action and / or legal proceedings being taken by your force against you.
Police Community, 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU