Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi, Is anyone currently going through the recruitment process for Gloucestershire Constabulary? I've passed my A/C but not hear any further than this. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat?
-
- 2 replies
- 668 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys...I have just received my CKP pass, which makes me more excited about the closer then ever start date:D As most of you, I have received a conditional offer letter based on CKP, vetting and medical. Although not certain, I believe everything is done apart from referencing. Is anyone else in this situation? I've emailed the recruitment team but no luck as of yet. Also, is there anyone else on the July intake?
-
- 2 replies
- 523 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi all I've received mixed advice regarding the How2Become learning resources. Personally, I liked it and found the books quite insightful. However, others don't feel this way. Is it worth it or would you suggest something else? KR A
-
Well, it's been a fast 2 years but down to the last few weeks of probation period with Police Scotland. Been a roller coaster of a time with a lot of ups and a few downs. Learnt all along way, glad to get passed all probationary tests and when I look back and see how far I've came from the first day at the college it takes me back. Hope the rest of you have enjoyed it as much as me. Great career.
-
- 1 reply
- 1.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
So, I'm starting training in a few months amd I am looking at what kit would be useful to have. As far as I'm aware I'll be issued everything apart from boots. I'm thinking of getting kit bag/ ruck sack, spare torch, cheap watch, decent belt (Velcro for under the stab vest) Is there any other recommendations or constructive criticism of the above? As far as I'm aware, you're issued a click fast torch dock. Obviously I don't want to look like I've been dipped in glue and have been dragged through a black hawk factory, being a new probationer. Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
-
Hello all, I am very seriously considering applying for the direct entry programme when it opens in 2018, probably at Inspector level rather than Superintendent. I've read everything I can find through the official channels and then subsequently the relevant topics and posts on this and other forums. The general tone and message, on balance, through the forums is pretty negative and I this has made me question how much effort might be required to try and overcome this issue rather than focusing on the job in hand. Does anyone have an specific guidance on this or experience of direct entry, either personally or through colleagues? I have spent 12 years working…
-
Hello all, I have my final interview coming up for Hertfordshire next week, and I'm just looking for some advice and guidance as to what I should study prior to my interview, as I'm somewhat at a loss. Thanks in advance, your help is much appreciated.
-
Hello Everyone, I have not posted to these forums for a number of years as I was thinking of applying to join the police back in 2007 however I have just plodded along in life working in banking for the last 11 years and I feel I am in desperate need of a change. Its not all bad as if I hadn't of started working in a bank then I wouldn't of met my wife and we have now been together for 10 years and married for 7 so some good has come out of a job that I don't really like! Now as Essex are recruiting again I am thinking of applying as I am now 32 and have a lot more life experience behind me than I probably did when I was 22. The thing I am wondering is whether t…
-
Hey!! At LONG LAST I have finally received my start date! 11th September. It has been a long long wait since my final interview in October last year... So in preparation I was hoping someone might be able to give me some advice of how I can best prepare for my start date, is there anything worth reading up on? anything I can start to study? Books worth buying? Even things I might need for my 3 months training which I should buy now? Any advice would be great!!! Thanks
-
-
- 13 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, For anyone who has undertaken the drugs test part of the medical, I know it's a hair test but how far back does the test go? Is it the standard 90 days? (I believe) Two years ago I was in Amsterdam on a friend's stag do and smoked a few joints over the weekend (I know it was silly). My question is, would it be picked up on the drugs test? Obviously it was a one off and have done nothing else since. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks
-
-
- 23 replies
- 9.7k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Evening all! Completely aware that I'm about to ask a (nearly) unanswerable question, but one that from reading the threads I think a few people are interested in Has anyone recently had a final offer of employment? Roughly how long did it take from finding out that you'd passed the interview? I'm aware that it varies on how quick your references come back/how long it takes to run the vetting checks and that varies from person to person but was looking for a ballpark that we can aim for! I passed the interview a fortnight ago and know that not all of my references have been received yet, although the last one is in the post allegedly! Any advice is app…
-
-
- 32 replies
- 2.7k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Evening, So bit of an update since my last post. I passed vetting and my clearance certificate was issued to HR. Sadly following my references came back, which was the final stage before formal offer, the MOD said that I could not be released from service to join in June 17. Luckily after a bit of negotiation, they agreed to defer my start date until August and the MOD agreed that I would be released for then. When I received the call with the offer for August start date I was told that I had completed everything and that a formal letter would be issued once everyone had cleared. A week passed and I contacted HR, I was informed that I was requ…
-
Morning all, I am a serving PCSO within my force and I am currently at the final stage of my recruitment process, the medical for the regular constabulary - having already completed and passed my fitness test (6.4 on the bleep test) as well as also completing 90% of my medical - also passed. Strong hearing, eyesight, good lung capacity and the blood pressure and heart rate of somebody who stays fairly fit - which I do. However - I stay fit by training to powerlift. Which is the main reason I believe I have not yet been signed off - the force doctor has raised concerns over my weight - and prior to meeting me, so he should, on paper I am a 20 stone male, at 5ft 10inch…
-
- 3 replies
- 551 views
- 2 followers
-
-
For the duration of the assessment day, you are given the role of a Customer Service Officer at a fictional leisure complex. It is against this background that you perform the tests, and you are assessed on that basis. Throughout you will be assessed on your professional and ethical standards, your communication and decision making skills, all of which are essential for a police officer. Top 10 Tips for Your Assessment Day! Remember you are being assessed at all times, even in "down time" so be mindful of what you say and how you react. Take time to read everything through carefully, so that you don't misinterpret anything. In your interview, the 10 or 20 se…
-
-
- 165 replies
- 115.3k views
- 37 followers
-
-
I've just found out my vetting for SYP has been rejected. I am still waiting to find out why but the email I received stated: "Under current guidelines we will not be able to consider any further applications from yourself. Please note that under Recruitment Vetting arrangements there is no right of appeal, or review of vetting decisions." My prior understanding was that there is no such thing as an appeal when it comes to vetting but that you could ask for a decision to be reviewed by another member of vetting staff? Are there any national guidelines about this?