Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone, currently filling out my application for police scotland, however on the referance section it asls for '2 job referances'. I have 2 people lined up glad too give me referances (one my current boss) however the 2nd im not sure if it would be allowed. I worked for family buisness for 3 years, would this be eligable to be used as a referance? As the other jobs ive held have been short tempory cover positions so i wasnt with the companys very long. Thanks for any help everyone
-
- 0 replies
- 388 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I'm hoping somebody can put me at ease a little. I have recently successfully completed the recruitment process (AC, final interview, medical & vetting all cleared) for my home force and was told by HR (verbally) that the start date for my intake was March 27th 2017. However, I am yet to receive a formal offer of appointment. Is this normal? I am very conscious that I need to give my current employer 4 weeks notice.. should I be concerned? Cheers!
-
-
- 16 replies
- 1.2k views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi all, I'm just asking the following out of interest. 1, how many attempts did it take for you to pass the assessment centre and go through to the next stage in the recruitment process? (Final interview etc) 2, how old were you when you joined? Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
-
-
- 41 replies
- 2.4k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Anyone got any advice on what Police look for regarding references? I could possibly get a warning at my current work place, this has happened after I sent back reference form to Police...just wonder if it will hinder my chances. Many Thanks.
-
- 5 replies
- 570 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Everyone, This might only apply to one or two on this forum; however I am seeking some advice on whether it's recommended to transfer my existing Military Pension to the Police. Has anyone done this or in the same position as myself? Any help will be appreciated:) Sent from my iPhone using Police Community
-
Greetings all, A serious allegation has been made against me. It is entirely false, however it is of course being investigated. My concern is that I am meant to begin the CKP internal placement scheme in a couple of weeks, immediatly followed by training with the Met. Will I need to inform them of this and could it go against me in any way? Thanks
-
-
- 6 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hey I was wondering if someone could help me. I applied for the police in 2012 and struggled on the numbers test. Recently i spoke to a friend who took the test and said they he was allowed to use a calculator. Is this a new thing that was brought in and have the tests changed now if you can use a calculator. thank you
-
-
- 9 replies
- 484 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello Folks, I have recently passed Application Stage for Derbyshire. Next stage is an interview later this month. They have sent a brief overview of the interview, saying it is focussed on why I want to be a police officer etc. Is there anyone with recent experience of an interview who can provide any input to what to expect. I have loads of literature from the Derbyshire police website, together with details of the core competencies, and the force value etc. I am trying to read as much as possible to prepare myself. Thanks in advance. Mike
-
- 3 replies
- 697 views
- 1 follower
-
-
-
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knows how long after you complete all the steps of the recruitment process, that you receive a final offer? Cumbria especially.
-
Hello everyone. I have applied for Notts and been told that i need minimum NVQ 3 to be eligible. Do they ask for certificate to as a proof and if they do that at what stage they need it? Maybe someone who applied recently could advise me please? Thanks in advance
-
- 0 replies
- 319 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all, I have recently completed my assessment centre. On reflection, I'm concerned that by not finishing both the written exercises it might effect the outcome as you need a minimum of 44% in written communication to pass. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? Thanks in advance!
-
-
- 295 replies
- 13.7k views
- 12 followers
-
-
Those who have completed or are currently undertaking the new training format in the met ie you should know all of the law from your ckp. How did you find it? It's been a year since I completed my ckp and im just going through my old notes now. I'm due to start on 25th January.
-
-
- 43 replies
- 4.8k views
- 7 followers
-
-
Hi! I just wanted to ask if anyone has been offered a part time CKP option. Mine is due to start on Feb 4th, for 7 weekends until 19th Mar. I am in full time employment and can't afford to do a full time option without being paid for over two months. I guess it is important to remember that once Met training starts we are going to be paid for it but a month has to pass and pay slip will arrive only on the 20th of the following month. Please correct me if I am wrong here. Thanks!
-
Hi everyone, I am fairly new to this however I am looking for all the advice I can get. I passed my AC back in November and have been invited to final interview on Monday (3 days!) I am preparing as much as I physically can and have read a lot about the final interview processes for difference forces and understand each force has a slightly different way of doing things. My interview doesn't have a presentation and from what I can gather the questions will mainly revolve around my personal motivations, the force itself and some compentency based questions and will last between 30 and 45 minutes, I am basically just trying to make sure I cover all bases. I know…