Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. James Murphy
    Started by James Murphy,

    Hi All, I hope this is in the right area, I have recently applied for British Transport Police, I have passed the initial application sift and are now waiting for interview/ assessment dates. My question is, is the assessment centre different compared to Home Office forces? I currently have a valid AC score of 50% so can i use that or do I have to do a completely different assessment? Also, If i was to get in and future down the line (after 2 years probationary) can you transfer to a Home Office Force or do you have have to apply all over again (obviously if the force was taking on transferees) Regards, James.

  2. TriggersBroom
    Started by TriggersBroom,

    Hi gents, I have asked this on other post but can't find a devinitive answer anywhere on the net, some of you have said you're unsure. Is, under the 2013 merge Scotland classed as a home office Police force? I have today seen on Cleveland Police web that they do not except transferee's from Police Scotland along with BTP etc. And on inspection of forces further south I only ever see transferees from England and Wales. I have seen other people also asking about if its possible. Can anyone clear this up? I live in North Scotland and here they need officers here, I would just like to know that if I was goid enough to make it as a Police Officer I could move to England.…

  3. Smiffy
    Started by Smiffy,

    Hi guys, bit of a lurker around here. Been invited to the Assessment centre in March but I'm also considering appying for BTP and their Assessment centre is in January. If I was to fail the AC in January, could I then still proceed to go on the next one in March that is with another constabulary?

    joey_shabadoo +
  4. PC123WANNABE
    Started by PC123WANNABE,

    Hi. I wondered if anyone can help, a person passes as a pcso with one force and passes as a pc with another force at the same time. The pcso start date is before the pc start date, could the person start as a pcso say for example 6 months and when the pc intake in the other force is ready, could they then hand their notice in with the pcso post to become the pc? I have read that some forces require you to be a pcso for 2 years in force before applying to become a pc, wondered if you already have an offer elsewhere whether this may differ? And as it's out of force? It maybe something only HR within the force can answer, but thought I'd air it on case anyone was aw…

  5. Hlynn11
    Started by Hlynn11 * ,

    Hi, I have passed the application stage and have now been invited to a 20 minute interview, based on the email it entails communication, listening skills etc. Why you want to become an officer and research on the force. I gather they will ask competency questions also I was just wondering, Are you allowed to take notes in with you at all or bullet points? probably a silly question I know but just want to be prepared!

  6. adamsharif840
    Started by adamsharif840,

    I want to apply but before I do I want to know if I should or shouldn't. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. deniseb90
    Started by deniseb90,

    Hi, my son has applied for both PCSO and Police Officer. His application has been successful for both and he has been invited to attend Assessment Days. However, he has AS level certificates and the criteria for Police Officer is 2 A level passes - I have told him that it was perhaps an oversight that his Police Officer application was successful and they didn't pick up on the fact that he has two AS level passes, not A level passes? Or do they not check the qualification section as thoroughly?! I suggested he focuses on the PCSO Assessment Day. It does sound a pretty stupid question but I wondered if anyone had been in this position in respect of qualification crite…

  8. Jeejee

    Hello all I have passed the other two online assessments but I have failed my behavioural styles questionnaire twice, but have been given a third and final chance. The first time I was reasonably honest, selecting a couple of 'completely agrees', mostly 'strongly agrees' and some 'somewhat agrees' and 'neither agree or diagrees'. All of the statements were positive and related to the key competences. I apparently scored 2%, which sounds ridiculous based on my answers. I did some research and thought perhaps they were looking for more confident and absolute answers, so went in second time around answering only 'strongly agree' and 'completely a…

  9. Susan
    Started by Susan * ,

    Hi everybody, I am applying for a position of a Police Constable I almost finished my application just waiting for a response from a referee. A PCSO suggested I apply as they are looking for people with language and IT skills. I speak fluently in two languages English and Polish. I have a GCSE in IT and am looking to pass A Levels in either ICT or computer science in the summer of 2017/2018. I was looking to apply for a volunteering position with the police first to gain experience and do something more for my community before this opportunity has arisen. My question is, how likely am I to be recruited based on my current factors listed below. I would really apprec…

    • 4 replies
    • 545 views
  10. Jordanch
    Started by Jordanch,

    Afternoon boys and girls, A question asked time and time again I imagine and I've looked around the forums and found myself in a dilemma - I've been successful with my application with BTP subject to vetting, and I have recently found out I've passed my Senior Interview with Kent Police and will be subject to a conditional offer subject to vetting. I currently work within KP's control room and have a very good understand of the role being a PC for Kent Police, their systems and processes. I'm hoping I won't have any issues with vetting given that I've been working in the Control Room for the last 2.5 years and no change in circumstance (albeit PC being a higher level…

  11. Rick123

    Hi guys, I've just finished my degree and I'm thinking about joining my local police force as an officer. I'm currently in the process of becoming a special which should give me a good taste for it, however I have a few questions in the meantime... 1) Does having a good degree behind you carry much weight in terms of your career progression? 2) Roughly how many years would you need to spend in uniform before having a realistic chance of being able to specialise? 3) Once you have specialised, is it possible to move from one branch to another? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 991 views
  12. ZXC53
    Started by ZXC53,

    if you were to apply for the Police and be unsuccessful (let's say for not enough "life experience" being so young) what jobs could you look into that would later on in life aid your application to the Police?

  13. Jeejee1545926309
    Started by Jeejee1545926309 * ,

    Hello all, I am at the stage where I need to complete the online assessments. I was unsuccessful with the behavioural styles questionnaire first time round and I was wondering if anyone had any tips. First time round I was reluctant to commit to selecting 'completely agree' as an option as it felt too absolute... are they in fact looking for someone who is confident enough to select this? If all police competencies are equal, what are they looking for when you are ranking all the statements you rated the same? Any serious advice is greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance

  14. kt86
    Started by kt86,

    I've just passed my final interview with Northumbria police and will be starting on the 28th of this month so it's moving pretty quickly. But I've no idea what to expect in terms of the process, as in how long is my training, what will it involve, when will I be actually doing police work so to speak!?

  15. newbiess
    Started by newbiess,

    So today i recieved the ckp invite email in which i was given a date for which the course would start, I responded by accepting the offer. Does anyone know how long it takes for a confirmation email to be sent aswell as confirmation of my vettinng being complete. As i am currently in university i would like to leave asap. Thanks

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 497 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.