Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jordanch
    Started by Jordanch,

    Boys and girls, I know I should speak with my force recruitment team but I thought it's worth an ask on here; does anyone know how long biometric vetting takes? It's the last thing I'm waiting on! Fingerprint and swob samples.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 2.1k views
  2. JimmyBullard
    Started by JimmyBullard,

    Anyone else looking to change careers to policing? I'm currently a teacher and looking to join Police Scotland, would be interested to hear what careers others have changed from. Especially if there are any other teachers who have successfully transitioned int policing or looking to.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 796 views
  3. AV88
    Started by AV88,

    Hi all, Wondered what people's experiences of situational questions at interview was? Do the situations come from real police scenarios or are they focused on a customer services background?

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 2.2k views
  4. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Hi guys just had email saying i did not pass final interview, gutted is an understatement but you got to keep your chin up right Anyway I'm hoping to transfer my pass mark to south wales next year when recruitment opens up but they require a CKP , has anyone on here completed this course and whats the chance of failing , Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 512 views
  5. kyle17290
    Started by kyle17290,

    As above passed the assessment centre some months ago and was informed last week that interviews will start early next year. I was unaware of this stage as it doesnt mention it in N.Yorks recruitment process, any ideas or tips on what this interview may entail. Thanks, kyle. Sent from my LG-D855 using the Police Community App

    • 2 replies
    • 322 views
  6. Jstarks1

    Hello Folks, i recently went through the WYP recruitment process but sadly was unsuccessful at the final interview phase as you can imagine im devastated. I was wondering what are my best options now? I got into the specials with WYP and training begins in February is my best option to stick with it and try and join "internally" if so what happens when you join internally? I have also read up on people transferring there A/C scores to other forces? I suppose im just looking for some advice on what to do? Id be so grateful for some comments. Thank you.

  7. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Hi everyone If i fil at my final interview next week , ( I pray i don't ) but if i do !! Can i still transfer my pass score to another force that does not require a final interview and if so do i go straight to vetting and fitness ? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 361 views
  8. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Can someone on here contact me regarding a final interview i have on 12th , Im not looking for someone to do the work for me but to cast an eye over the power point presentation and give me some pointers if they feel its no good or too much , Ive wanted this for so long and I'm so close to it i can taste it I don't want to fail this late into the process Im ideally looking for someone who has done the final interview and failed or passed and done the power point interview Thanks you

    • 2 replies
    • 558 views
  9. Stu7002
    Started by Stu7002,

    I believe I need 10 forum posts to get to pm Trying for 10

    • 0 replies
    • 594 views
  10. ddcboyle
    Started by ddcboyle,

    Hi Ladies and Gents, Just a quick message to find out who else is on the Police Scotland Tulliallan intake in dec '16 Dean Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

  11. LeafFACE
    Started by LeafFACE * ,

    Hello All I have my assessment day in 3 weeks at Ryton, the CoP for A&S Police. Any tips or anything that could help would be great. i have been on a Talking Blues course that was great, and i am preparing hard, but any help suggestions/headsup/tips would be great. Thanks in Advance.

  12. Cbeebies1546621378
    Started by Cbeebies1546621378 * ,

    Hello, I've been interested for a while in joining and was going to submit an application for my local Constabulary's Specials, but have recently found out they'll be accepting applications in a months time for Regulars. I have a good understanding of the application process, but just need a few questions clearing up. I'm worrying as I really want this, but fear i might not be good enough. Has anyone got the questions they could or would ask on the paper application, I understand its about the core values? I want to start getting my answers together now, forming the best possible answer. I've been in the Army since leaving school and then have worked as a Postman si…

    • 2 replies
    • 786 views
  13. Xhaustuk
    Started by Xhaustuk,

    Firstly I'll start with Well Done and Congratulations in becoming a PC. It really is a great job, you'll do great things, experience things you never would in civvy St, make lifelong friends and sleep easy knowing you're doing something worthwhile with your life. When you goto Borough (in the case of The Met) you'll probably hear lots that The Job doesn't appreciate you, it's not as good as the old days and you don't get recognised for the work you do. Try to ignore this stuff. If The Job was that bad these people would have left. Things are getting better as numbers start to pick up again and Officers get used to the changes. Don't expect Management to be on their knees…

  14. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    What do you think are the major issues facing the Police and what contribution will you personally make as a police constable to assist in overcoming them? I have chosen the topic of PUBLIC REASSURANCE Can anyone help me with this please Appreciate it

  15. JimmyBullard
    Started by JimmyBullard,

    Wondering if anyone else has (or is thinking about) moving from a job in teaching to a job in policing. Why did you want to change? How have you found the change in jobs? Was it the 'right' decision? I'm currently a Primary teacher in Scotland, so would be looking to apply to Police Scotland. I did apply before and got to the assessment centre stage of the process but decided to forget about applying again and take up an offer of teacher training. I've not regretted it, teaching is a fantastic job. But have always wanted to be a police officer and don't think that will go away until I do it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.