Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Dilan10abc

    A year ago I was 17 and I got myself involved with the wrong people who basically used me and we committed what was described as 'violent robbery' where a victim got injured by my car after his phone was snatched and I ended up getting the most trouble by having serious charges such as GBH with intent, dangerous driving and theft on me but all charges ended up getting dismissed at a youth court. I am now 19 and would like to maybe join the police later in life but even though I don't have a criminal record as I asked the officer that worked on my case the police most likely still has my fingerprints and mugshot and record of me on their system. I researched and foun…

    • 3 replies
    • 629 views
  2. SergeantAngel
    Started by SergeantAngel,
  3. Alpha4
    Started by Alpha4 * ,

    Hi all so I have been fortunate enough to pass the paper stage of applying for Cumbria constabulary and have been invited to the SEARCH Assessment centre for and interview including 4 role play exercises. I just wondered if anybody can give me any sort of information about these. Does each one become more difficult? I have this image that the first one will be a calm complaint for me to deal with and each one getting more heated and complicated. Or am I just over thinking things? Any information on this would be highly appreciated regards

    HMService1545925553
  4. Howl
    Started by Howl * ,

    Hi I've applied for WMP and have passed the application form and next have a telephone interview and just wondered if anyone could give me some idea of what sort of questions they will ask at this stage? Thanks

  5. stephenrodgers
    Started by stephenrodgers,

    Dear all - I've got my transferee interview date for the Met to Bedfordshire, I was wondering/hoping if anyone has made this move recently as I would love a little help on what might crop up! Thanks

    stephenrodgers
  6. TheButler
    Started by TheButler * ,

    Hello everyone. I'm a copper in Australia and considering coming back home to work. Just curious if anyone has ever done this and if anyone would be able to compare "the job" in Australia against it in England. Cheers,

  7. Joshtree
    Started by Joshtree * ,

    I have a telephone interview next week and looking at how to prepare. Has anyone one ideas of what the question may be? I know one will be on safeguarding but unsure on the other two.

  8. Benny078
    Started by Benny078,

    Evening all, So as the title says, I'm getting a bit of a flap on about the financial vetting checks. So far I've breezed through the application, assessment centre and fitness test. Have my interview in a couple of weeks and I feel like my prep for that is going well. I have no worries about the security vetting (One uncle with an ABH charge from the 70's that I haven't seen for 5 years and a smackhead cousin I haven't seen for 10). My own record is miraculously clean, not so much as a speeding ticket on there. My worries about the financial checks are probably unfounded but any info from folks on here would be appreciated. I have no CCJ's or IPP's, …

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
    joey_shabadoo +
  9. QuentinScorsese
    Started by QuentinScorsese * ,

    Hello Guys, I have been successful in my application form for Leicestershire Police and I have now been invited to a 'Force Interview' it is in two week and I am bricking it. Can't find much information on what is actually going to be asked of me at the interview, wondering if anybody can give me some bullet points or even what their experience was at the Force Interview stage. Would appreciate any and all info you can give. Questions asked, things they are looking for, good answers & bad answers etc. Thank you guys, I am not expecting it to be spelled out for me, but having a rough idea of what to expect at the interview would be a huge boost. Thank y…

  10. cp1994
    Started by cp1994 * ,

    Hello, I'm soon to start my regs training, however I'm moving quite a distance from my home town. Given the short amount of notice between knowing I have passed, to the start date given, its quite difficult to find any sort of decent flats etc. I'm hoping to stay at HQ during the training, however they have stated it has to be booked on a weekly basis and it is not guaranteed. Has anyone had any recent experience of staying at HQ during their training? Or know the likelihood of getting accommodation each week and what sort of facilities it offers, such as if theres a kitchen, WIFI etc? I understand it can differ from force to force, but any sort of knowledge on HQ …

    • 1 reply
    • 657 views
  11. flyingchimp
    Started by flyingchimp * ,

    Hi. I was wondering if anyone can confirm hours for the first 6 months. I understand it is pretty much 9 to 5 for this period. I'm more than happy working whenever but it would help to have set hours for the first few weeks to get childcare etc sorted

  12. Mattious84
    Started by Mattious84 * ,

    Hi, I incurred a CCJ from an old debt I had. I tried to have it set a side by the court as I was unable to attend due to being deployed on exercise but wasn't successful. I have though been lucky enough to be in a position where I now have paid all my defaults and outstanding debts and also paid my CCJ in full and have a certificate of satisfaction. Question 1) The eligibility states that you can not have any "outstanding ccj's" is a paid and satisfied ccj still classed as 'outstanding'? Question 2) with all my debt now paid in full and showing as satisfied on my credit report will this still prevent me from passing vetting?. I'm still serving in the army and come …

  13. sstbrowne

    Hey guys, I have been called up for the SET and the Fitness Test on the 4th of August, just wondering if anyone else is in the same position? Thanks

  14. LittleRed
    Started by LittleRed * ,

    I applied to Kent Police back in July 2016 for the role of a Police Constable. Everything has gone great and i'm through to the vetting stage. I had my security and reference checks about 2 months ago, and my home visit a month ago. The provisional start date i was given was for Jan 2017, which is cutting it a little close now. However i just received an email saying that my file is with senior management right now. I'm not sure if this is a good sign, or what that means? Could someone please explain the role of senior management regarding recruitment, and what they would be doing while looking at my file? Many thanks!

  15. Willo1546080765
    Started by Willo1546080765 +,

    I thought those of you who are preparing for a fitness test, or just wishing to increase and maintain your level of fitness, may be grateful of some advice. FIRSTLY AND MOST IMPORTANTLY NO PAIN, NO GAIN is total RUBBISH. If you experience pain (other than soreness for 24-48 hours following exercise) in muscles or joints STOP and rest. Apply R.I.C.E.: Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevate; if pain persists seek medical attention. So you want to get fit to pass the fitness test to become a Special or Regular. Alternatively, you may just wish to increase or maintain your level of fitness. The bleep test, or Progressive Shuttle Run Test, is a test of your c…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.