Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. suzy2016
    Started by suzy2016 * ,

    Hi, I have been going through the Police Recruitment process since last Feb. I had passed everything by end of Sept and was just waiting for the results of my Vetting and confirmation of a start date. Sadly, a few days ago I recieved an email informing me I had failed to reach the required Vetting Standards. To say I was shocked and gutted is an understatement. I have never been in trouble, debt, etc etc. I was only required to include my parents and sister on the vetting form and they also have done nothing wrong. After several emails back and forwards to the vetting dept and decision maker they are holding a panel review soon to look at my appeal (I'm not invi…

    • 1 reply
    • 305 views
  2. AV88
    Started by AV88,

    Hello all, Recently been told by my force that it's unlikely I will be starting before Jan 2018, this is despite filling out forms and signing declarations stating we wouldn't book any annual leave in 2017. Passed an in house interview and SEARCH to get to this point. Considering transferring my application to another force. Does anyone have any experience positive/negative about this process? Many thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 579 views
  3. IrateShrike
    Started by IrateShrike +,

    Just a quick question whilst it's on my mind. Work just called me at home and asked if I could work tomorrow (scheduled rest day) starting at 7am. I would have been able to, but for the fact I've had a few beers tonight so I declined on the basis that I wasn't completely sure I'd be fit and the boss said that sounded like a sensible decision. My question is, if I'd been 'ordered' to work at short notice but turned up unfit, what would the consequence be? Do the police regulations make any legal distinction about when it is and isn't a lawful order to report for duty? A few Christmases ago shift were short on Christmas day with a few days notice and I got an e…

  4. butter
    Started by butter,

    I’m going to sound like a right whingebag here and I apologise in advance. Like many Specials and police staff I recently applied for a student officer role, however I very narrowly dipped the assessment centre. The frustrating thing is despite all my achievements, experience and skills both as a Special and police staff, Specials still in training school who do not work fulltime for the police and have no operational police experience have got further than me. There’s even one part time member of admin staff who works 2 days a week, if he doesn’t phone in sick, then if he does come in he is late and does very little. He is a newly-attested Special who hasn’t impresse…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  5. AV88
    Started by AV88,

    I'd be interested to hear how others maintained high levels of motivation during the seemingly never ending recruitment process? It doesn't help when you're in one job (non police) but looking forward to leaving at some point in the future to take up the new career that you've been waiting for for well over 8/9/10 months.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 895 views
  6. shakingOrb
    Started by shakingOrb,

    Had my Met Day 1 on December 12th and I received an email today inviting me for my Day 2 on Jan 6th. Need to be there at 0800hrs! Lots of paperwork to start filling in now. Any suggestions on who to use for CKP? Sent from my SM-G920F using the Police Community App

  7. AledJ
    Started by AledJ,

    Hi, I did have a search for my question but did not find any threads. Today I received my letter from NWP to say I was unsuccessful at interview, and although that's not the news I wanted not much I can do. But I have heard of people transferring their AC score to other forces, can any tell me what I need to do? I have emailed Dyfed Powys Police but could not find one recruitment email, so emailed the two that were recruitment related. Thanks Aled

    • 4 replies
    • 2.3k views
  8. AledJ
    Started by AledJ,

    Hi, I have my assessment centre coming up start of July, but had a question about the eye sigh test. I do wear glasses and fall within the criteria, but I also have non-binocular vision. Now I have looked to see if this would stop me from joining, but I can't find anything. Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Aled

    • 5 replies
    • 660 views
  9. Policewanabe
    Started by Policewanabe,

    Hi guys, I've currently failed my final interview, and it feels rather awful after all the hard work to fall at the last hurdle... I was wondering what are the rules regarding transferring my assessment center score as I have failed at this stage of internal recruitment? Any advice would be appreciated as I got a decent score at assessment center! Cheers.

    joey_shabadoo +
  10. Hay82
    Started by Hay82,

    Hi, does anyone have any recommendations on books to purchase to help with the recruitment process? I have just passed the application stage and want to prepare for the next stage. Thanks in advance. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 430 views
  11. Fallen
    Started by Fallen +,

    Hi, I know you all love a good post about fitness, and how it brightens up your day. Basically, I'm planning to follow my dream career by joining Police Scotland, and therefore am required to reach level 9.2. I won't lie, I'm not fit - I'm 6' 6" tall and weigh around 19 stone, which is the opposite of healthy. I've been making an effort to attempt to get into shape for joining when I meet the age requirement (9 Months) however it's not going to plan. I can just about hit level 4.5 on the bleep test which is quite frankly shocking. I'm struggling on my own, I've downloaded the C25K app on my phone and I am currently on Week 3, which is a drastic improvement considering…

  12. Fadsz
    Started by Fadsz,

    Hello Just wondering if there's anyone else out there in a similar position to myself. I've recently been successful throughout the whole recruitment process until the final stages of my vetting. They said due to "3rd party associations". I am so disheartened and I am going to appeal. Just querying if there was anyone else with a similar situation or (hopefully!) some success stories with appealling? It's so frustrating to get to the end and be told this.

  13. D54
    Started by D54,

    Hi all, Currently a special and thinking of doing the CKP online learning qual so I'm eligible for PC recruitment. Anyone does it before and how did you find it?

  14. Mclaren181
    Started by Mclaren181 * ,

    Hi there new to the forum so apologies if there is already a thread for this. I'm sitting my SET next week , so I'm wondering if anyone on here has any last minute hints and tips that could help. Much appreciated

  15. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Eyesight, Fitness and Medical Medical Police officers work long shifts, at all hours of the day and night, during which they will encounter situations which are both stressful and confrontational. It follows therefore that a certain standard of physical and mental health is necessary to be able to cope with the demands of the the job. Your health will be assessed as part of the application procedure, but before moving on ask yourself a couple of simple questions: Do I have any condition (physical or mental) which means I need to take time off work on a regular basis? At my current level of health, could I cope with performing all the job functions of a police off…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.