Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. shaun killian
    Started by shaun killian * ,

    Hi all, I have my assessment day tomorrow at harperley hall for Durham constabulary. I was wondering if anybody could tell me if you are allowed to work your answers out on a scrap bit of paper for the maths exam? I know you are allowed to use a calculator. Any help would be appreciated, cheers.

  2. AV88
    Started by AV88,

    Hi all, I just wondered how everyone planned the 5/6 weeks to the run up of their assessment day? Personally finding the waiting hard, always distracted at work at the moment. When did most people really kick up a gear in their prep?

  3. Brum1546620863
    Started by Brum1546620863,

    To cut a long story short, I was involved in a long-winded messy recruitment process during the worst of the cuts. After it had been going on for around 2.5 years I began to move on. Suddenly George Osbourne commits to stop cutting and yesterday I receive a formal offer I didn't at all expect. As I started the application about 3 years ago my situation has changed somewhat. I'm now earning a nice living in the private sector (bit boring though), I'm married, in the process of buying a house (nowhere near where I'd be policing) and I've even got a baby on the way. I'm a experienced Special Constable and know morale in the force is pretty low. The reason I'm interested is …

  4. Cmc1980
    Started by Cmc1980 * ,

    In the Police Interview, what is meant by 'Personal Awareness', would this be the same as 'Self Awareness'? Thanks.

    • 0 replies
    • 332 views
  5. coaster
    Started by coaster,

    Hello, I am interested in joining the CNC as an armed officer, however, I have hearing damage from previous military experience. Would this be a problem for me, both in terms of being accepted, and also exposing myself to further hearing damage.? I think I could cope with the radio earpiece. I realise if the very unlikely event arose I would have to open fire without hearing protection. Any advice from any armed units in the CNC, MoD etc?

  6. A-Bothan-Spy1546621376
    Started by A-Bothan-Spy1546621376 * ,

    Hey guys, Failed the medical on the basis of my BMI last month. Going back in just under three weeks to be reassessed. I've still got over a stone to shift. I've lost a stone and a half already but I'm determined to make it. Any advice would be welcomed. (I am of course aware rapid weight loss like this is unhealthy - I'll risk it). Thanks.

  7. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    Anybody sat any of these online tests recently? And if so any tips? Done a few online practice tests and sometimes the answer doesn't always seem obvious or the best option. I guess you have to keep the competencies in mind at all times. Cheers. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  8. AmIObligedtoAnswerThat
    Started by AmIObligedtoAnswerThat,
  9. morrison85
    Started by morrison85,

    Hi there iam really keen to hear from any parents especially mothers who have already gone through the process or who are still thinking of applying. I've been to a recruitment event at fettes, spoken to a couple (male) officers about the job and and truly want this but I have 3 young children and the thought of 11 weeks training only being home at the weekend is so so tough. How do parents cope? Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 706 views
  10. JPatz
    Started by JPatz * ,

    Hello! Currently sat revising for the upcoming assessment centre for Durham Police recruitment on the 29th and was wondering if there were any others on the forum due to attend? How is the revision going? Any tips and advice are always appreciated! J

    • 1 reply
    • 475 views
  11. Deegan
    Started by Deegan * ,

    Hello all, I need to start my ckp but due to circumstances I have to do a home study ckp. Finding a provider to that I can trust to have a well structured course is quite tricky due to a lack of online reviews. Can anyone offer any opinions on providers they have used? So far I've been looking mainly at police pass and enlighten being the 2 providers at the top of my list. Many thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 404 views
  12. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    I understand the shield run (500m) needs to be completed in 2 min 45 sec. Has anyone out there not done it in that time. What happens in the 2 day training at gravesend?

  13. ADC
    Started by ADC,

    If you declare on the application form that you have defaults on your credit history are the checks carried out straightaway or do they still wait until the recruitment process is complete? The NPIA 2011 circular and ACPO SO18 both state: “Where debts are declared, the financial vetting check should be made at the start of the recruitment process. Otherwise, it may be conducted post assessment and prior to appointment.” I've had a few people read this and interpret it in one of two ways: 1. Checks are done at the beginning if you declare anything. If you don't declare anything they can be done post assessment. 2. Checks must …

  14. Jazziebee
    Started by Jazziebee,

    I've just read another forum and it got me thinking, what is the difference between a verbal cannabis warning and a caution? I'm waiting for a start date so as you can tell I don't know much about it all. Would you need to issue a receipt for a verbal warning as well as a caution for being in possession of cabbages?

  15. danswans
    Started by danswans +,

    Hi folks! So I start my regulars training next month. To say I'm excited is an understatement. I feel like time has slowed down and days are feeling like months. I'm already a special which I think makes it worse. I am already doing the job I love. I handed all my specials kit / warrant card back in tonight ready for next month. I just wanted to gather any possible help/tips/advice for my training. What did you enjoy? What didn't you enjoy? What did you find useful? And mainly what can I expect from it? The specials training is only a small cut of what you need during regulars and it's the odd weekend here and there. I think it'll be great to be in a live police environm…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.