Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Goldy7694
    Started by Goldy7694,

    Looking to apply the National Fast Track Programme, anyone on the scheme at present able to shed some light on pros and cons and also useful tips with the application? Please redirect if possible, I couldn't find a relevant thread. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 375 views
  2. tau112
    Started by tau112 * ,

    Good Morning! I've been looking around the forums and I can't seem to find it anywhere so I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place. I've been considering a career in the Police since leaving school I'm thinking of joining the MDP rather than my home force of the Devon and Cornwall Police, but I'm not sure which one to pick. The MDP sounds interesting yet I'm not really sure what life is like inside, the website makes it sound very exciting or is this just a recruitment ploy? Are there any benefits to the MDP versus my home force? Thank You for your time Tau112

  3. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    Hello all I have a interview tomorrow for a case investigator post within online child cse. It will be competency based with around 4 questions. I have put together answers using the STAR technique based around investigation,communication,Initiative & working with partner agencies. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect and that Im on the right lines with my prep. Kind regards J

    • 1 reply
    • 455 views
  4. Rogue One
    Started by Rogue One,

    I'm on my internal specials > regs recruitment and have my medical tomorrow. I pulled a muscle in my back today at work and although much better now I was in excruciating pain earlier. I can now walk around and do most things but standing up from sitting is still painful and I still have constant pain. At my specials medical the doctor wasn't really bothered by anything but I'm worried this doctor might think I have a chronic problem and fail me. Should I cancel or just be honest and explain the circumstances.

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 473 views
  5. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    What happens if an employee refuses to give you a reference during the final employment checks? I know plenty of businesses now flat out refuse to give references to cover themselves legally. So how would you stand in the recruitment process if a previous employer refused to provide one when the force sent the request? Even if you had been the perfect employee with no issues. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  6. kt86
    Started by kt86,

    I've been told that within the first 2 years it's frowned upon to take holidays as this is still classed as your probationary period? Is this correct? I'm applying for Northumbria police and have a final interview in the next week or so with a proposed start date of November 28th. Ideally I wanted a couple of days away in Paris in March for an anniversary. Would this be possible and could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

  7. MDPRecruit
    Started by MDPRecruit,

    Any ideas?!

  8. phil1975
    Started by phil1975,

    Has anybody been successful applying to WYP and are attending the Selection Centre for their Interview / Assessment in May 2016 ? Any Tips and Advice greatly appreciated. VMT Phil

  9. Skellern
    Started by Skellern * ,

    Hello everyone, I have enjoyed reading the posts on here for a while now. I am awaiting my training to start for TVP specials in November and I am very much looking forward to it. I am also, currently, applying for Wiltshire Police as they have opened their doors for recruitment. My only problem is that I cant find their core competencies online ,for when I have to fill out the application form. I am sure there is a simple answer for this but I cant find them currently. I have included the four that I used for TVP SC but there must be more or am I thinking this through too much? Any help to set me on the right track would be gratefully received. Effecti…

  10. jmc195
    Started by jmc195,

    I have my medical next month and I'm wondering what sort of things to expect other than and eye, hearing and drugs test? Will the medical be split into more than one visit or will everything get done on the same day? Also I sent my vetting off a few months ago now and still haven't heard anything. Last couple of stages now for me ( passed fitness) in what has been a very long process. I sent my application in Feb 2015!! But got back dated because I was on holiday for AC. Hopefully all be worth it :).

  11. ZXC53
    Started by ZXC53,

    Realistically, what are the chances of joining the Police at 18 straight out of sixth form? Studying French, Politics and Law and spending two years in my local Army Cadets I would just like to know which Police Force is "most likely" to recruit younger people and which would be best to apply for seen as how you must wait 6 months before re applying. Thanks.

    Juliet Oscar Sierra
  12. Jacobus
    Started by Jacobus * ,

    Hello, this is my first post. I am currently in the recruitment process for police Scotland and have been deferred at the medical stage for some time due to high frequency hearing loss in one of my ears. I have seen an ent consultant and had a clear MRI to confirm that I do not have a degenerative problem. I have now been invited back for a practical hearing and comprehension test. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of what exactly this might entail. Thanks

  13. TB1301
    Started by TB1301 * ,

    Evening everyone, This is my first post to this site. Having used the site for tips and advice in my own application, I decided it was a good idea to join and have my own input. I am seeking some help. I recently attended and failed my final interview for Humberside Police. However, I have been invited back to a second interview in the coming months. I have been given feedback on the two questions that let me down, regarding the competencies of 'openness to change' and 'decision making'. I was therefore wondering if anyone has any suggestions of their own experiences which they have used when preparing or have already answered regarding these competencies. A…

  14. Murtaugh
    Started by Murtaugh +,

    Hi everybody, Has anyone made the transition PCSO to Regular Police Officer? Do you feel that it helped you with the Assessment Centre, etc?

    • 1 reply
    • 435 views
  15. ScottTheScotsman
    Started by ScottTheScotsman * ,

    Hello So I'm 17 and am pretty set on joining the police and making a career out of it but am looking for things to have on my application/CV which make it appealing to the police. I have done a lot of researching, reading via my force's website (several times over), try my best to stay up to date with police related topics/issues and my cousin's wife is an officer so that is a helpful link. Although I have been advised by multiple people that I'm unlikely to get in at 18 and straight out of school (although I am still considering applying at that age just to see where it takes me) I am looking to start building up things that I can put down on paper that will look goo…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.