Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Gary White
    Started by Gary White * ,

    Hello. Does anyone have any experiences regarding the Certificate in Knowledge of Policing? I'm aware that it is a pre-join qualification for some forces. Thanks.

      • Thanks
    • 3 replies
    • 1.8k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  2. Duster
    Started by Duster,

    Hi im from the march 2016 p.c.s.o selection. waiting to hear for my formal offer. Is anyone else waiting to hear back? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 368 views
  3. MikeLowrey
    Started by MikeLowrey,

    Hi Guys, I thought id bring up a new topic for Suffolk and Norfolk. Ive recently been invited to my Final Board Interview on 3rd October Where is everyone else at? I'd appreciate hearing from people! Amy

    • 1 reply
    • 823 views
  4. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi guys, Anyone starting their ckp on this day too? I got my email and it will be at Brentford football club.

  5. East1991
    Started by East1991,

    I've just received the news I've been regretting. I failed vetting for reason they do not state. What can I do? How will I find out what they reason was? Any help will be appreciated. ??

  6. constabletg6
    Started by constabletg6,

    Hi, quick one: At police school I was told that if someone was already given a cannabis warning then the only possible way to deal with it was to arrest the offender. When posted to borough I was told that first we give a cannabis warning, then a PND and after that we arrest. Which one is the correct one? also do you give the cannabis warning or PND on the street or you give it once in custody? sorry if the question sounds stupid, second day on coached patrol. thank you

  7. Linseyh
    Started by Linseyh * ,

    I would really like some genuine perspectives about starting a career as a Police Officer. I am currently a Teacher and am looking for a career change. My Father was a Police Officer, although I can't really remember the impact that his early career had on our family life. I have many issues with teaching, mainly that I work a 60 hour week...so when I finish my day at work (which is usually about 7.45am-5.30pm) I then have a couple of hours work to do at home in the evenings and I also end up working most Sundays. I would really like to know what it is like to work as a Police Officer, is your time at home your own? Do you enjoy it? Any information would be great to help …

  8. krisgmacleod
    Started by krisgmacleod,

    HIya folks! Just a wee post to ask what the circuit training at Tulli comprises of? I know it changes, but would be keen to get into a routine before I head up. Hope you are all keeping well Mac

  9. pclizzy
    Started by pclizzy,

    Hello All I was meant to have my interview on Wednesday but before it started I was informed that I had not passed vetting due to residency issues. I'm 23. I have lived in the uk all my life apart from 2 years in the middle east between sept 2013 - sept 2015. So I was told that I can't apply until sept 2018 I am absolutely gutted!! is this worth appealing? The guidance notes state "In certain circumstances, it is possible for the minimum residency period for Force Vetting levels to be removed. This can only be done where it is possible to make checks in the relevant jurisdictions with local Law Enforcement and National Security bodies, which are equivalent to the …

  10. tomas1994
    Started by tomas1994,

    Hello, I am currently without any loan and have my credit card paid in full. I know there are financial checks during the application process and I would like to know if I take a loan now would it affect my application in a bad way? I currently have a car finance on my name without any missed payments on it as well as no missed payments on my credit card in the past. Checked my credit score with Equifax and it says it's Excellent. I am thinking of taking a small loan now but don't want it to affect my application to Police in October. Thanks for answer!

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    Hello all. What sort of courses can you pay for to help practise your search assessment with? I live in Suffolk do anywhere close by will be good.

  12. bluedelta
    Started by bluedelta,

    Hi all, I'm currently just about to start training for Notts specials having passed all pre-employment checks. I joined with the intention of getting into the regulars, while also gaining experience and a true insight into the job. However, my neighboring force Derbyshire have announced plans that they want to recruit 240 regular officers over the next three years. They are opening up recruitment at the end of the month, and I'm torn between what I should do. To make things even more confusing, Nottinghamshire have advised that they plan to open up recruitment in the new year. Ideally I don't want to hold out as these things aren't guaranteed and could be p…

  13. BTP1992
    Started by BTP1992,

    which police forces in England and Wales don't require a final interview? other than Surrey?

    • 2 replies
    • 930 views
  14. rmartin92
    Started by rmartin92,

    Afternoon all, Just a quick question about tattoos. Do you think mine above would be considered offensive? Hard to see but theres a spider web on the elbow, and on my upper arm a crow on a police hat with writing 'grey Britain'. It doesn't mean anything, just the name of an album. Thinking about joining but I don't want to waste my time if ill be rejected for my tattoos. Edit: Wont let me upload them but the description is clear enough.

    • 1 reply
    • 548 views
  15. Ross prc
    Started by Ross prc * ,

    Evening all, Right start off, it's not what it seems. Looking to apply for my local police force and the application forms as many of you know ask for any dealings with the police. Now approximately 4 years ago when leaving a restaurant I was pulled over by traffic police and I admitted having 2 pints with my meal. I failed the road side breath test and was taken to the local station for the evidential test. I passed the test and was instantly allowed to leave. Now the question is do I need to declare this on my former? Would it even be recorded on their system? I know it was silly but I genuinely thought 2 pints would be fine. Obviously not and haven't repeate…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 379 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.