Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Buttons24
    Started by Buttons24,

    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum but found you all answered a lot of my questions when filling out my application form for the police. I have one question which I can't seem to find the answer to, if someone can help? I know you have the probation period for 2 years & then after you can be accepted into other roles within police Scotland but my question is - is this actually possible? To do your 2 year probation "on the beat" & possibly be moved to CID or other departments quite quickly after your probation period? As much as I cannot wait to hopefully be a police officer one day, I also would like to progress within the police but have heard it can take years …

  2. Manx_Special
    Started by Manx_Special,

    Just looking for an answer to a question I've been wondering about. As a special I work in a job that serves many customers. If a Sgt or Inspector, ect, comes into my workplace and they know I am a special, do I need to show respect? Show respect as in stand to attention for the Inspectors (and higher ranks) and call the Sergeant, Sarge. Cheers. BTW this is my first post so please redirect me If I am doing anything incorrectly...

    Reasonable Man +
  3. Badspoon
    Started by Badspoon,

    Hi all, So i completed my day 2 for the Met, and have already submitted my vetting form. However after reading some of the vetting horror stories on here I am now worried! First all of all I have never been arrested,or cautioned or brought in for questioning. I have spoken to police twice in my life regarding two things; 1.On Christmas eve i forgot my keys, and was hanging outside my family home and peering in the windows trying to get someone to let me in. A well meaning neighbor called the police not recognizing it was me, they turned up asked me what i was doing and mentioned it was my house. they knocked my mum finally answered and obviously confirmed this. They…

  4. Justjake

    I have been to the medical assessment with the nurse and now I have to see the doctor for a 15 minute assessment Everyone has to in the force I have applied to to be declared medically fit. I have done the bp, urine, bmi, hearing, eye and breathing tests with the nurse.

  5. Macca4
    Started by Macca4,

    Good Morning All, I've been invited to attend a Pre-Employment Weekend, which is the last part of he recruitment process. It mentions in the letter that I will have to sit an exam in the morning, but I was just wondering what else the 2 days consist of? Any feedback is much appreciated. Regards Sent from my iPhone using Police Community

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Hi all, I've been given my medical form to complete and give to my GP for signing. I've filled in all the parts I know and asked the receptionist if she could pass my medical form onto my GP for signing/checking. I was told it could cost £110.50 I'm hoping she just got the wrong end of the stick but out of interest how much did you pay to have your medical checked and signed? I was expecting it to be around the £20 mark

  7. Zulu54
    Started by Zulu54,

    Hello all, Just wondering what questions you asked back to the Interviewer? Z

  8. Justjake

    Anyone know the figures it needs to be under to pass the BP reading for Occ Health? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. inyashed
    Started by inyashed,

    So I've attended my day 2 however application has been put on hold as I still need my GP to sign their bit, but also I have to provide a discharge notice from the physiotherapist I visited in 2014 for a shoulder issue. Now, the shoulder is no hindrance anymore, as it was in 2014 and it's gotten so much better, so much so I've gotten into amateur powerlifting. However, I'm worried that would impact my application negatively. I'm yet to provide the discharge notice from the physio. Am I worrying for no reason?

  10. Justjake
    Started by Justjake,

    I went for my medical and my blood pressure was high so I have been sent to my gp surgery for 3 readings which Occupational Health then want evidence of. I had a reading that was lower, what will they want it to be? Does anyone know? It was 130/87 would that be acceptable?

  11. PChopeful16
    Started by PChopeful16,

    Hi all , Having now completed nearly all requirements to join Police Scotland . ( just awaiting the dreaded vetting to clear ) then I'm good to go :) I am in need of advice / guidance on how I can obtain clearance for my Father & Step Mother . They live in France . Has anyone had to do this themselves that could help me out as I have no idea where to start . Thanks in advance

  12. DHT
    Started by DHT,

    Hi folks, has anybody else had issues convincing their partner that joining the police is a good career move? I've been interested in applying and have been researching over the last couple of years, however my partner is very much against it. I've put off applying until I could get my fitness up to standard, but starting to seriously considering applying soon. My brother is a serving officer so have a bit of insight already. Was just wondering if anybody had had any issues convincing their partner? She's worried about the shift pattern. I've spoken to a couple of serving officers but they've not been able to help. Does anyone know the standard shift rotation? What th…

    EdinburghCal
  13. elm123

    Hi, I need to attain a CKP via online distance learning, so i'm wondering if anyone can recommend providers? It's difficult to choose without knowing what any of the internal learning platforms are like and you never really know whether the testimonials on the sites are genuine or not. I'm looking at http://www.ckpelearning.co.uk/and https://www.police-pass.co.uk/CKP/index.html Tips/recommendations would be much appreciated!

    • 1 reply
    • 358 views
  14. Jaymo
    Started by Jaymo,

    im currently a special and theres good indication that my force is going to be recruiting internally, so just thought id ask what difference there is between internal and external recruitment? is there still competency questions? an assessment centre? vetting? etc etc or does this vary between force?

  15. Pols
    Started by Pols * ,

    So I received the dreaded email yesterday that I had been unsuccessful this time at the SEARCH Assessment centre. I was wondering if anybody knew if the 6 month reapplying rule applies to the assessment centre only? ie can I start the application process any earlier as the assessment day usually comes 4/5 months down the line from the initial online application. Has anybody got any experience of re-applying? Are they strict on the 6 months? Does it still apply if I applied to another force? Also how long after will I receive the report from the assessment day and does this also come by email? Any help would be much appreciated Many thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.