Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. joey_shabadoo

    Did my AC on Friday and got an email today at 4pm to say I was unsuccessfull. Its safe to say I am gutted as I thought I had performed pretty well. They have said my feedback will follow in due course but my guess is that I have bombed on working with others and therefore an immediate fail regardless of my other scores so they don't have to wait for other results to come back from CoP. Really feel down at the moment but only spurred on to prepare even harder for 6 months time (recruitment dependant!)

  2. H8217
    Started by H8217 * ,

    Afternoon all, After a little advice. I currently serve in the Army and can sign off in October 2016 which means I have to serve a final 12 months after giving this notice, however, I have read that other people in the same situation have been granted early release. I have a current application with my local police force and they know about this, I have been invited to the Search Assessment centre in May but I am away on a training exercise. I am going to do my best next week to ask my superiors to allow me to attend the training centre. So my question is to those who are serving, have you been in a similar situation and are there any loop holes or methods th…

    • 2 replies
    • 292 views
  3. ryebread
    Started by ryebread,

    Hi all, first post here. I have passed the initial application stage, been to and passed the Assessment Centre and now am awaiting a date for my in force interview. Then if successful comes the medical/ fitness and the vetting My question is this - Are the vetting checks only done post final interview or are these sometimes done earlier in the process??

    IrateShrike +
  4. Eddzz!!

    Hey all, After a little advice... As a current SC, Some of my regular police colleagues have "advised" that once all part of the recruitment process have been passed (but an offer of appointment is still pending), that one should submit their resignation for their position as Special Constable. Reason being, that if somebody were to file a complaint during this "limbo" period between the end of the recruitment process and the offer of appointment, then the whole application could be put on hold or worse; binned altogether! I wonder if any of you guys have heard / been given similar advice by colleagues before and what you decided to do if so? My thanks in advance...

  5. TW17
    Started by TW17,

    Hi all I have recently passed the SEARCH assessment with a score of 54% (Miracle to get this as i was sure i failed) Problem is even though this is still a PASS, its not enough for my local force Does anyone know or have a list of other forces which accept 50%? I'm having a real hard time finding forces with info on this? Any help would be appreciated!!

  6. Soul121
    Started by Soul121 * ,

    Hi all Sorry if its rookie post but fairly far along with the recruitment process and now have my final local interview next week ( Any advice on what to expect would be appreciated). My main question however is if I were to be successful from your past experiences how long is the wait usually for all the final stages such as the physicals and medicals and how much notice do they give you of these? I'm asking because the job I'm currently working is fairly inflexible with taking days off and they like a fair amount of notice just because of the contract schedule we're on. I know the logical answer would be to phone up the recruitment number or ask during the int…

    • 5 replies
    • 402 views
  7. Tywin Walker
    Started by Tywin Walker,

    Hi is there anyone from Surrey going up to this assessment centre and interested in car sharing?

  8. newbee30
    Started by newbee30,

    Having been removed from pre training CKP due to "adverse information" from a work reference and appealing without success. I applied and received a copy of my application to the metropolitan police and discovers said reference had wrote a number lies about be (not opinions). As this reference resulted in a job offer from the metropolitan police been withdrawn, what action/recourse is available to correct this. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. callzo
    Started by callzo,

    I got an email from the MET saying that my application was unsuccessful due to adverse information. When I emailed to ask what adverse information I got the same email again linking me to the MET website for appeals. It's not very self explanatory. Does anybody know what this adverse information means or what the next step is. To get information through the Freedom of Information act it can take 40 days and you have to appeal with in 21 days. If anybody can give me any help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

  10. emmgo
    Started by emmgo,

    Hi All, I have been invited to an operator assessment on 16th April. I know that it consists of a copy typing test, extracting information from historical calls and completing Incident Reports and searching the Incident Log. The e-mail stated that the fail rate for the copy typing test is high, I was just wondering whether this would be due to speed and/or accuracy? I can type at 50wpm, but I'm really concerned I'm not going to be accurate due to nerves! Also, if anyone could shed some light on the layout/content of an Incident Report form that would be great, I want to be as prepared as I can be! Thanks, Emm

    • 4 replies
    • 1.8k views
  11. Magneto
    Started by Magneto,

    Any AFO's fancy a change. https://btp.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/channel-1/appcentre-3/brand-4/xf-5d2bf2d8208b/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/2551-PC-Firearms-Officer-Transferees-and-Rejoiners/en-GB

  12. PlasticJock
    Started by PlasticJock,

    Repost from Equipment Shed. Post from a new recruit with three weeks left until he can stop watching every hour tick by waiting to pack the car up and head off to start initial training. We were given a full list of essentials to acquire for Tulliallan that has been gradually piling up in a corner to the dismay of my better half. However I feel there are probably a wealth of things that anyone on here that has been or is going through Tulli at present wished they had on Week 1. Please, for my benefit and any others that are on the upcoming intake, could anyone share the inside knowledge that may smooth out our first weeks. Thank you for taking time to read this, I sp…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  13. Richardshrop
    Started by Richardshrop * ,

    Hello, looking for a bit of advice from those who have been there! Currently finishing at university and looking to apply to the police as a constable asap, what I would like to ask is what is the consensus by those on here applying to a local force (my local is West Mercia- not yet stated when recruiting) or should I be looking to apply else where in the country further afield- I ask this as I would feel I would be better able to do the job in an area where I was not known in the locality! although I would not have a problem with doing it and would not be applying if I did , I think I would not feel comfortable dealing with someone or knew me on a personal level, so from…

    • 3 replies
    • 223 views
    Richardshrop *
  14. lfcgolfer
    Started by lfcgolfer,

    Hey All, Is anyone in here on the Police Scotland intake on March 28th? My provisional start date is the 28th march but I still have not had any word back on my vetting results just yet. Does anyone have any idea on how long the vetting process is taking at the moment? Thanks

  15. layla4
    Started by layla4,

    Hi I've passed the sift with btp and had an email to say I have a 2 question competency interview with a 10-15 min slot. I'm just curious to see if anyone else has recently had this and if they can give me any tips. Will I be able to refer back to my application for answers. Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.