Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Frisby15
    Started by Frisby15,

    Hi everyone, this is my first post. I am going for my SET & fitness next next week at Jackton. I have heard loads of people saying that you are now able to use a calculator to do the numbers paper. Is this true or not?

  2. PChopeful16
    Started by PChopeful16,

    Hi all , Having received a provisional offer of employment with Police Scotland . I am on the hunt for info with regards to Fitness , Medical and Vetting. Does anyone know if you are required to undertake the final fitness and medical prior to vetting clearance or are you made to wait until you have vetting clearance . Thanks in advance ?

  3. bs264
    Started by bs264,

    Hi All, Is anyone else on the waiting list for Surrey PCSO's? I was due to start in January but that was postponed due to the force restructuring. I have been contacted by recruitment with a provisional April 25th intake. Fingers crossed this will be a definite date!

    • 2 replies
    • 622 views
  4. LeSquirrel
    Started by LeSquirrel,

    Hi all. On the vetting questionnaire do I also need to include my wife's family? She has two brothers, so do I include them? I know I need to include her mother and father, just not sure about brothers. Do I also need to include my sister's husband? Thanks.

  5. spc123
    Started by spc123,

    Hi everyone, Looking for some advice regarding my failed vetting for Police Scotland. I was looking to appeal the decision but was wondering what my right of appeal was, how I go about it, how long it takes and if anyone has any success stories? So, why was it refused and what happened... The reason I was given was 'failing to disclose.' There was an incident one night-out last year whereby I was refused entry to a nightclub in town and I got a bit agitated and questioned the doorman. He shouted for the Police to come and move me on (they knew who I was because I'm a serving Special) and just asked me to move on. My friend was there at the time also who 'looked after …

    titanpolicing
  6. smcgui17
    Started by smcgui17 * ,

    Hi all just got through initial interview now am at ac on Thursday. Im looking forward to exxercises but its the final interview. Just wondering if you give same examples for the competencies i gave in previous interveiw i know some are different and that's fine. Im not sure what to do any advice would be helpful getting nervous lol cheers Sent from my LG-H340n using Tapatalk

    • 1 reply
    • 674 views
  7. SW_matt
    Started by SW_matt,

    Hi All, I recently received notification that I have passed the paper stage with Surrey and now just have the SEARCH centre left to go. I was given a link to the COP guidance documents for centres after August 2015. The way I always understood it was that you were asked 4 questions about situations you have dealt with in the past however from the college of policing website (http://recruit.college.police.uk/Officer/after-I-apply/Documents/SEARCH_Information_for_candidates_012v1_0.pdf) it now seems as though two of those have been dropped in favour of motivational/value questions which is radically different to when I went through as a special 4 years ago. The example g…

    MajorDisaster +
  8. Robocop2000
    Started by Robocop2000,

    http://www.policenow.org.uk/about-police-now.php It's closed at present I'd be interested to hear from anyone who tried for it, got on it (or even works with PCs who have come from the program). It's a fresh, new and dynamic idea, in my opinion. [feel free to post a link to any other threads that already cover this scheme, if there are any]

  9. APBL
    Started by APBL,

    Hi All, Just wondering who has had offers for April intake at the Met? A WhatsApp group has been started if you're interested - if so see email below. Also a general plea for advice and info.... If serving officers and those going through training could supply some info I am sure we all would be really grateful. WIth only apparently a week's notice prior to starting about training location and what may be needed it may be cutting it a bit fine... Prior to starting training what should you have? Boots - any recommendations etc. Kit - any specific kit requirements? Kit bags? What do you wish you would have had from day one but no-one told you to get? What's the tra…

  10. CharlieWhiskey
    Started by CharlieWhiskey,

    HI there, first time posting. I was wondering if any other members had any knowledge of the above, whats the current rule of applying for several forces as a transferee at the same time? i know that as someone trying to join the job that you cant apply to multiple forces, was wondering if there was any guidanceon transferee applications? Im a current serving Met PC looking to move to the counties and after extensive searching and asking colleagues ive still turned up with nothing. Kind Regards CW

    • 4 replies
    • 379 views
  11. EdinburghCal
    Started by EdinburghCal,

    Hi all, I was rejected vetting due to "current financial circumstance". My credit file needs work and I'm sorting it now (full of incorrect defaults after a trust deed in 2009 that I've now been discharged from and has now dropped off my file) but I wasn't expecting them to start vetting until after my initial interview. Any reason I would be vetted and rejected so early in the process? I've been given a chance to explain, I'm guessing it's the incorrect defaults?

  12. MetPCV
    Started by MetPCV,

    Hello! I just got Type 4 Conditional offer to start at the end of February 2016. First 2 days in Hendon, then RLC TBC. Timeline Applied- August 2015 Online assessments-September Day 1- October Day 2 - November Type 4 Conditional offer - December 2nd Language Candidate. OVER THE MOON! Anyone else?

  13. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hi All After 16 long months I have finally recieved an offer!! To start 7 week CKP 11th April and a conditional offer for PC 31st May! x

  14. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Anyone going for the Gwent assessment day in March ?

  15. MMC
    Started by MMC,

    I'm due to graduate university in a few weeks and have a good job already lined up with a much higher starting salary than a PC. My family and friends are telling me I'm crazy to be applying to the police but it's something i've always wanted to do. Will I regret giving up a high paying engineering role to become a PC?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 350 views
    Cosmo Smallpiece

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.