Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Robertskm
    Started by Robertskm * ,

    Im sure that this topic has been discussed on here several times before but I am looking for some up to date information blokes/ladies who have done this recently or know someone that has. I'm currently serving in the infantry but I would like a change of career as a police officer. Long term I would like to progress into fire arms... counter terrorism... the special branch side of the police. The information I'm looking for is, Is it easy to go from the army to the police or is the process the same as it would be for a civilian ? Whilst on resettlement with the army are there any programmes/course specifically for those who wish to join the police? …

  2. Bobby77

    Hi, I am new to this but I thought maybe someone will be able to give me some advise as I am not sure where to turn to anymore . I have recently applied for a force and they require me to possess the CKP which is a level 3 qualification, I have obtained my Law degree recently and as far as I know that is a higher qualification . Therefore I am now confused as to whether I should give most of my wage for the CKP or just wait for another force to open recruitment window. Please also note I know 5 languages, have a degree no criminal record and already possess a 59% SEARCH score. Any advise will be much appreciated. Thank you …

  3. scotsquad
    Started by scotsquad * ,

    Hi folks, Just new to the forum. I have recently sent my police officer application to Police Scotland. I am thinking of taking a career break/sabbatical to get myself in the best physical shape I can and to do some extensive role research. Do you think going on a career break/sabbatical would go against my application in any way? I obviously want to show full commitment and to get in the best physical shape. Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 259 views
  4. KrustyG1545926289
    Started by KrustyG1545926289,

    Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere... http://www.itv.com/news/granada/2016-01-29/greater-manchester-police-holds-major-recruitment-drive/ *Edited by moderator to make link work*

    • 0 replies
    • 219 views
    KrustyG1545926289
  5. sue
    Started by sue * ,

    Are the BMI requirements standard across all forces? Does anyone know if it is standard 32 BMI and if there is any flexibility if someone is just above the recommended BMI

    • 7 replies
    • 2.1k views
  6. EdinburghCal
    Started by EdinburghCal,

    Submitted my application at the weekend there and while I'm excited I can't shake a feeling of complete dread. In November 2009 I signed a Trust Deed (Scottish equivalent of an IVA) and agreed to hand over the right to manage my finances to a Trustee for three years. You pay any income you have left once you've spent it on the basics and then you are discharged and remaining debt written off. I'm not proud of it - it was a tough time in my life. After a relationship breakdown where I was the sole name on any of our credit arrangements I started taking from one account to pay another, a spiral that I tried to stem the flow of by taking out a consolidation loan. I found…

  7. ziggyboy
    Started by ziggyboy,

    Hi guys , thanks for letting me join , With regards to tattoos , Do these stop you in any way , i have 1 on each forearm , they are cartoon characters of a dragon and wizard , silly i know but i was young when i had them :-( Also do i attach them to the email or to the actual word document when sending Thank you

  8. mikeyjay84
    Started by mikeyjay84,

    Hey folks - On the February intake and received boroughs a few weeks back. I got Southwark - just wondered if anyone else has been assigned there? Also has anyone who has been assigned to Southwark, been given Sidcup as their RLC? Trying to guage what my likely RLC will be as i live south east, so sidcup would be ideal. Thanks!

  9. GM-BWV
    Started by GM-BWV,

    Hey guys, So I've passed everything, and had my medical last week which again, passed. Im down for february intake due to holiday in january, and I have my final fitness on 30th of december, I was just wondering what (if anything) there is, other than the uniform fitting, to arrange and do after final fitness?

  10. chrism1989
    Started by chrism1989 +,

    Hey guys, Anyone on this intake - 4th Jan. My date got confirmed last week :)

  11. Brum1546620863
    Started by Brum1546620863,

    Hello all, I'm aware that there is a big pool of candidates waiting to join Lincolnshire Police in 2015 (January or July). Anyone use this forum? Brum

  12. Hvt105
    Started by Hvt105,

    Hi guys, Today I got an email offering a start date of 25th Jan 2016 - a day I never thought would come! Has anyone else has had the same good news?

  13. Sir Penguin
    Started by Sir Penguin,

    Evening all, Just wondering if anyone can answer my question to clarify or if anyone has been in a similar situation before I call HR. I currently have an application in for the regs, however I would like to withdraw my application as a force closer to me is expected to open in the very near future and this would be more suitable. If I withdraw my application will I be eligible to apply to another force? As I would not have applied 'unsuccessfully' then does this mean I would not have to wait a period of 6 months?

  14. Lulu231546621337
    Started by Lulu231546621337,

    Hi, so I have been given a start date on the 25th Jan however i have a 2 week holiday in June that has been pre-booked for months and I cannot afford to cancel. Antone know the chances of this being granted as post selection have said I will not find anything out until I get assigned a supervisor next month, but I am concerned as I cannot afford to leave my current job if I have to quit the police before I even start! Thanks!

  15. michael89
    Started by michael89,

    Hi everyone just looking for a bit of advice I start my training for the Met February I'm a bit anxious as I am dyslexic and I was just wondering if anyone else in the job is dyslexic or anyone that is going through training that has dyslexia I was just wondering if they have support and things like that for for people with dyslexia I am pretty confident in every other aspects of the job just a bit nervous about writing statements and things like that any advice would be much appreciated thank you

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 322 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.