Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. NurseDan
    Started by NurseDan * ,

    Hi folks; I'm Dan and I'm a senior nurse with 8 years experience of forensic and liaison psychiatry, in the latter I've worked heavily with the police and was involved in street triage. I'm thinking of changing career to the police (always had the itch), what do people think? I'm looking at joining the specials in my area to gain an insight; I think I've got transferable skills in areas like crisis management, de-escalation and working with vulnerable people, but obviously it'd be a big change, not least the drop in salary.

    • 0 replies
    • 434 views
  2. Riggs27
    Started by Riggs27,

    Hello all, I have been posted to Brent and start training soon. If anyone out there is posted or was in Brent I would be keen to know where and what I will be doing when I eventually join the borough, and what its like to work in. Thanks in advance.

    • 0 replies
    • 374 views
  3. Mps126
    Started by Mps126,

    Evening ladies and gents, Currently a serving PC in the Met. Looking to move to Canada and carry on living the job dream... Or something like that. I don't suppose anyone is familiar with the process of moving to Canada to do asuch. I'm aware that previously Canadian forces have actually recruited British PCs, however I'm lead to believe that this has died a death several years ago. I don't suppose anyone would know what the most convieniant method of going about this is now aday. As far as I can tell it is moving to Canada with a work permit, biding my time in another occupation and then applying for permanent resident there, however the CIC website is the second m…

  4. MajorDisaster
    Started by MajorDisaster +,

    The sequence of events has been: Application form - Pass Force Interview - Marginal, we'll reinterview in January, you are still on track for the Feb intake so please attend Selection Centre Selection Centre - Pass October - Sorry, the Feb intake has been binned due to budget cuts, next intake Nov 16,interviews in the Autumn - may need to redo SC Yesterday - email, Your interview is next Monday! (quick check with the Force trainer reveals the Feb intake WILL take place, albeit in June) (now revising my interview/feedback). Presumably the Chancellor not wielding the axe along with the usual 'finding 50p down the back of the sofa' that …

    MajorDisaster +
  5. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi guys, I have received an email from the met saying I will start my job this year as I was in the waiting list due to budget. I did my medical and all tests over a year ago. I only have ckp that needs completing. I heard that the met now provides 6 weeks full time course for it internally. Does any of you guys did this and also how can I register my interest on the course with the met? Thanks

  6. GM-BWV
    Started by GM-BWV,

    Hi guys, just wondering if anyone knows the correct situation with the SPRA store at fettes? When I was there for final fitness, I heard someone saying something along the lines of it being closed but I didn't hear enough to know if they meant at that point, or in general! Does anyone know at all? Just had my final offer and so need to start getting stuff for February!

    • 1 reply
    • 551 views
  7. fio25
    Started by fio25,

    Hello! I just wondered if anyone is already living at/or planning to move into Gilmour Section House in the near future? I have been given my start date for the MET as 25 January 2016 and will be moving into Gilmour on the 23rd Jan. Any information or advice will be greatly appreciated!! :) if you are already living there, how do you find it & what are the rooms, kitchens etc like Fiona x Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  8. Rugbylad
    Started by Rugbylad,

    Hi guys just a quick question that has been probably asked loads but I cant seem to find any answers on here but could anybody tell me what the pass rates are for the SET papers as got the SET exam and fitness on the 19th in Aberdeen. Cheers

    • 2 replies
    • 617 views
  9. jfromnorfolk
    Started by jfromnorfolk,

    Hello all I have an assessment tomorrow for a communications officer working in the control room. It consists of the following: Typing and Accuracy Test Listening & Recall Test Practical Call Interview Need to pass each one to get to the next. Just wondered if anyone had any tips for me on this? Ive done some research into the role and swatted up a bit on grammar etc. Many thanks J

  10. emma6564
    Started by emma6564,

    Hi Guys and girls for those waiting for an intake date what are your plans upon offer. I currently live in South Wales and will be looking for somewhere to live during training and on shift please can anyone offer some advice? Thanks

  11. zester
    Started by zester,

    Seen lots of questions from members about whether depression/anxiety is likely to affect their chances of being accepted but no one who has confirmed they have or have not been offered a role when they have had depression/anxiety? Is there anyone?

    ChiefWiggum1546621324
  12. Col5632
    Started by Col5632,

    After being out of the interview game for over 11 years and failing my first attempt at the police interview so badly I'm looking for a course or service to practice the kinda questions and answers I should be giving. A member of this forum posted up a link back in October time to a course run by ex police that you paid to go on and they helped you and gave you feedback, I now can't find this link, can anybody help? Thanks Col

  13. KarlCophopeful
    Started by KarlCophopeful,

    Hello everyone just wondering if anyone has ever had a final interview with Durham before and any tips for the day? Anything you'd recommend learning apart form the core competencies would be great.

    KarlCophopeful
  14. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,

    I am currently waiting to here back from surrey, to hopefully start next summer. the problem is I understand it's expensive to live there. Is this true? And also has anyone else found ways of overcoming this? Is there a better wage to live in an expensive part? Is there anyone else waiting to hear back from surrey?

    Indiana Jones +
  15. SpecialBacon
    Started by SpecialBacon,

    Hello, Would anyone know if there's a list of CKP Modules you should have completed for your CKP certificate before you start training?, I asked my CKP provider but they couldn't give me an exact list because NCLAT has a habit of changing module titles, I also spoke to post selection and training but they couldn't help me either, I don't want to turn up and they do a NCLAT check and find I haven't done them. Thanks :)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.