Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. zester
    Started by zester,

    Been told I passed in August; I've asked for my actual score twice but heard nothing? Any suggestions on how I can find out my actual results?

  2. Jmttdr
    Started by Jmttdr,

    Hi, It's been a long journey, and this is it so far. I applied for the BTP as a Student PC (B-Division) towards the beginning of the year. I passed the paper sift, assessment day and medical and sent off vetting and refs. I had a phone call asking for my availability to start training August 10th (leading me to believe I had made intake). The next day though, I received an email saying I had failed vetting. From such a high, to such a low. Anyway, I contacted vetting and within a month I had the decision turned around but they informed me I had missed both Aug 10th and Sep 28th intakes. So frustrating. I am currently waiting for a possible January Intake and believe I…

  3. PCWannabe
    Started by PCWannabe,

    Hi all, has anyone registered their interest to be contacted when Northants open their recruitment in October?

    alexmarkpowell
  4. neo21546620902
    Started by neo21546620902,

    Thought I'd start a new thread as there is a lot of crossover on others. Today I had a bit of a breakthrough.... Spoke to a lovely lady at vetting who said they are vetting everyone regardless of CKP. The big breakthrough for me was I was lucky enough to get a reply on the post selection telephone number. She also confirmed vetting is being carried out on everyone. For all those like myself waiting for internal CKP course she said they currently have plans for courses in Jan/Feb/March/April so that's a positive. Sorry if this is old news to people just thought I'd share the info I got just now.

  5. jackogden
    Started by jackogden * ,

    When looking at the requirements to be a special it says you can not be a solicitor or barrister, if applying to join the regulars (no SC experience) would I be required to give up my practicing certificate (licence to practice law / solicitor).

  6. Madden96

    Hi, I am currently in education and deciding what to do with regards to Policing as I still have some years left before I leave University. I am undecided between the Special Constables, and Service Police. I have just recently applied to join the Royal Military Police (RMP) Reserves but got knocked back due to not having a full UK driving licence, although, as of Thursday, I now have one. I have, with regards to Service Police, changed my interest from RMP Reserves to RAF Police Reserves just through general research on the internet. However, I have recently learned Police Scotland are accepting applicants for their Autumn intake, and I have started to consider them no…

    Brum1546620863
  7. MetMan95
    Started by MetMan95,

    Hello, I have tried and failed the Met Police Online Assessments 4 times and because The Met don't give feedback I don't know what I've failed on. Can someone who has passed help? Thanks.

  8. Roadrunner1546621323
    Started by Roadrunner1546621323,

    Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else on here is in the same boat having submitted their application at the start of August? I've no idea how long a wait it'll be but I'm already checking my email far more than usual, haha! Next steps are practicing the bleep test and figuring out my competency answers (just in case I get "the email"!) RR :)

      • Like
    • 27 replies
    • 1.5k views
    Roadrunner1546621323
  9. nathnath87
    Started by nathnath87,

    Hi Guys, I have just finished my day 2 and failed my medical as I'm deaf in my right ear, I now have to wait for an audiologist to come back to me for another hearing test which is more in depth. I was wondering if anyone has gone through this and did it affect your application. Also 6 years ago i had my licence suspended due to loss of points on my licence "I'm Australian and this all happened in Australia" . I have declared this at all the opportunities but i only just realised that they don't check any of this until the vetting stage. Will this mean a rejection on my application. I'm really worried that i have come this far and it is all going to go down the drain. …

  10. Lawrence1995
    Started by Lawrence1995,

    As it appears the September intake is now full, I thought it would be useful to start a new topic for everyone who has completed everything required but is still waiting for a start date. It would also be useful to know when everyone first applied as this is the basis start dates are issued on. I applied in May last year.

  11. SaskiaEdin
    Started by SaskiaEdin,

    Hey All, I applied to Police Scotland in August and got my initial SETFIT date for the end of September but I couldn't make it so I changed to the first week in October. It seems to be moving rather fast and my question to you is... Do you think I could postpone the initial setfit until the new year? I ask because I don't have much annual leave left for work this year and therefore would be unlikely to make all the other dates if it continued to move as fast. I literally have 2 annual days left from work this year and I really want to change career but I don't want to have to pull a 'sickie' from work to attend. Anyone any advice on what I should do in this situatio…

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 446 views
  12. Robocop2000
    Started by Robocop2000,

    [weblink to thread below] MOD Police: what's trng course & AWE like?https://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/53458-mod-police-whats-trng-course-awe-like/

  13. SecretSquirrel88
    Started by SecretSquirrel88 +,

    Hello, Not sure anyone can help/has done this yet as I'm aware of the current morale etc in the single force. But has anyone left just prior to or at the beginning of the single service being in place and rejoined through the application process? Or know anyone that has and what is it like through Police Scotland? It had just not long been the single force when I left but I am looking to rejoin. I'm aware of its current state but the grass isn't always greener :) Any pointers would be great...

    • 2 replies
    • 743 views
    SecretSquirrel88 +
  14. MattH94
    Started by MattH94 * ,

    Hi Guys, Just doing some research before I apply to join the MDP. Could someone give me some info about the SEARCH assesment please? What exactly does the assessment entail? From arriving at the centre? What revision/preparation can i do? Thanks in advance for any help / info given. M

  15. Gcam7
    Started by Gcam7,

    Hi guys, I have my initial interview on Wednesday. However. I was wondering if anyone could clear something up for me. Will they ask questions on what I know about my local division or the division that Is my first choice posting preference?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.