Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi, Has anyone received a conditional offer to join the 26th of October intake?

    PoliceConstable
  2. Cuchuu
    Started by Cuchuu * ,

    Hey all, just wondering if anyone can tell me if doing extra curricular work/reading/learning help me in anyway personally? This book for example How To Become A Police Officer 2015 Version - The ULTIMATE Guide to Passing the Police Selection process (NEW Core Competencies): 1 (How2Become) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1909229784/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_HJ52vbZ0GH1DJ Or doing an online Level 4 criminal psychology course? Many thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 544 views
  3. Tay
    Started by Tay,

    Can anyone who has been given their divisional posting in the past explain if they were given one of their choices or not? And if they had any commitments that may have influenced their postings. Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  4. Actionmainly
    Started by Actionmainly,

    This might be a silly question but for the equipment shop at Jackton, is it ok to just turn up or do you need to make an appointment? Just wondering since it's beyond the controlled entry point

    • 1 reply
    • 420 views
  5. Collar
    Started by Collar,

    Hi guys, Just wondering what peoples financial situations were like during the recruitment process to become a PC? I'm not in the process at the moment but I'm sorting things out for if I'm lucky enough to get through to the financial vetting stages. I have around £2000 in debt (a couple of old accounts and a historic tax bill) that I'm paying off each month which is costing me around £180 a month. I keep all records on a spreadsheet, but I do worry incase this sets me back. What was your financial position like when becoming a regular? Wondering about people in similar circumstances and how that affected things. Many thanks everyone

  6. CraigyG7
    Started by CraigyG7,

    I have a re-sit of the SET this Friday at jackton, I passed 2 out of the 3 SET and also passed the fitness test, do I have to re-sit everything again or do I only sit the test I failed?

    • 4 replies
    • 412 views
  7. Ben Huggins
    Started by Ben Huggins * ,

    Hi all, Im seriously considering transferring o the Met from A and S area, and am after a little advice regarding living etc. As my 2 children are school age, we would ideally like to live just outside London. Im ideally looking for the shortest commute possible, whilst also trying to work out how I would get home if I finished shift at midnight/start early etc. before trains. Does anyone have any advice on this? thanks Ben

  8. MetPCV
    Started by MetPCV,

    Good evening! I recently applied to become a Met PC (second language pilot scheme) and completed the online assessments last week. I was quite confident I had performed well...until I got the email saying I hadn't reached the pass mark. A total reality check! I must admit I had totally underestimated the online assessments when there is obviously some kind of technique to perform well in them, something I didn't even think about. Luckily, I've been offered the chance to resit them and was wondering if any of you is/ has been in the same position? The email was quite vague and stated the Met is not allowed to give feedback at this stage so I'm not sure if…

    • 0 replies
    • 514 views
  9. Dunkin Donut
    Started by Dunkin Donut,

    Ok......I don't think this question has been raised, so here it goes..... The pre-eligibility stage tests that some forces are putting out, prior to application for Police Officer recruitment. Has anyone had any peculiar dealings with this test? Basically, I've sat the exact same test (with the same videos) 6 months apart and with different forces. Obviously, I can't talk about the very nature if the scenarios involved, but the feedback offered does go some way to explaining where you need to improve for the next time. I had 2 very good scores, but 2 low areas that had let me down 6 months ago, so had therefore failed. So, within my feedback, I've analysed this and …

    • 0 replies
    • 638 views
  10. Roadrunner1546621323
    Started by Roadrunner1546621323,

    Hi, I submitted my application form about a week ago and received the confirmation email that it's been received and it'll be dealt with in due course. So, now I'm starting to prep for the SETs, fitness and interview all in the hope I get to that stage!! I've been dipping in and out of here over the last few weeks and have a couple of random questions (that will actually only be relevant IF I get in!). What is on the list of supplies that folk seem to be buying to take to Tulliallan with them and, specifically for those living close to Tulliallan, are you staying over or going home each night now they seem to be giving us the choice? Best of luck to everyone at the …

    • 2 replies
    • 571 views
    Roadrunner1546621323
  11. KentPC1
    Started by KentPC1 * ,

    Hello all, I have my senior interview with Kent Police in three weeks and was wondering if anyone who has had it had any tips, or could share any light into whats asked etc. Thanks in advance,

  12. adam47
    Started by adam47,

    Hey guys What should I wear for the medical? I wore a suit for the AC (obviously) though I am unsure whether a suit is necessary for the medical?

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 567 views
  13. Gcam7
    Started by Gcam7,

    Hi guys Just wondering if anyone's recently done their 1.5mile at jackton? Just wondering if it has inclines and declines or is primarily flat? I've been training mostly flat but wondering if I should practice incline aswell? Any help would be grately appreciated

  14. Chrish229
    MajorDisaster +
  15. tru
    Started by tru,

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.