Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. choppercjb
    Started by choppercjb,

    Afternoon all I have just had my Police Scotland medical, everything went smoothly apart from the fact that i was diagnosed with epilepsy when i was younger. I have been fit free for 5 years and also off medication for 3 years now. I searched the internet before i applied to make sure this wasn't going to be an issue and i couldnt find anything. The police doctor says they will have to get in touch with my GP or neurologist to get more info. Does anybody reckon I am dead in the water or do people still think i have a chance? Feedback appreciated. Cheers Chris

  2. Butterbean
    Started by Butterbean,

    I'm not sure if this is relevant to anyone here but I have heard from a reliable source that August will be the last set of planned coached patrol modules.

  3. dman1200
    Started by dman1200,

    Hi Has anybody else had an email from recruitment telling them that they will not be getting a start date for training this year or the near future even though they passed day 2 and was told you will get a start date after ckp is book? I am so upset as I have been booked on a course and now I got this telling me that they have reached the 32000 they wanted, no I'm not upset, I am so pissed off, is there anybody else out there????? Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

  4. Policeman123
    Started by Policeman123,
  5. Tay
    Started by Tay,

    Hi guys I've opened this for anyone who is round about the same stage as me in the recruitment process. Does anyone have any hints or tips for the interview?

  6. Scott PC
    Started by Scott PC,

    Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone else is on this intake date? Cheers, Scott

  7. Kwon

    Hi All, I am currently awaiting an official start date for the MDP, I have passed all the required checks and was informed that I will possibly be starting training in September. Is anyone else in the same position or better yet been issued with a contract for a September start date? Thanks, Kwon

  8. chhay

    Currently completed all parts of the recruitment process and just waiting on vetting to be completed now, however the police force has currently stated no further intakes of officers. Although only vetting is needed to be completed I'm fully confident that I will have no issues with this as I'm currently serving in the RMP with a squeaky clean background. My questions are; 1. How long does the Police Force keep you on file to get you on a PO course, obviously when they have money again to take on more officers? Is it 1 year , 2 years etc 2. Is there a possibility because I've passed all areas including (Fitness lasts 12 months) , (Medical - lasts 6 months) &…

  9. DaveG_87
    Started by DaveG_87,

    Hello All, I'm wanting to get a head start before I begin training on learning definitions. I've seen mixed reviews on here from people; some saying you should learn them before you start, and others saying you won't need to. Nevertheless, I want to, and wondered if anyone could provide me with either a link, app or book that is best for getting revision in early and learning definitions? Naturally, I have browsed the internet and also old posts on here for advice however, the most recent advice and info I could find dates back approx. three years and wanted to check for up-to-date information.. Thanks in advance Dave

  10. RossDay
    Started by RossDay * ,

    Hi all, maybe a bit late with 15 days left but I start training with BTP on the 20th and am hoping to get into contact with some of the others starting as I'm new to London (Catford).

    • 1 reply
    • 650 views
  11. C.K.S
    Started by C.K.S,

    Hey everyone I'm due to start training on 27 July and I note the dress code says "smart business wear". Does anyone know exactly how smart they mean i.e. are we expected to wear suits with jackets every day, or would "city office wear" as I wear now i.e. sometimes a jacket/sometimes a cardigan be OK? Also, silly question, but presuming skirts/dresses are fine as long as of appropriate length e.t.c.? Thank you in advance :-) Chantelle

  12. peacefulwarrior
    Started by peacefulwarrior,

    hi everyone My names david I did my day two the 4th of march this year . i have recieved an email saying I am in a que to be vetted. Would anyone know when I can realistically expect to start training .

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 615 views
    peacefulwarrior
  13. Madden96

    I personally don't. Having a seperate force with it's own resources and capabilities is only beneficial. The British Transport Police has shown what a great asset to Policing it has been throughout the UK. Plus, wouldn't the extra responsibility of Policing the Rail Lines stretch Police Scotland's resources? What do you guys and gals think?

    • 2 replies
    • 286 views
  14. lauralmm
    Started by lauralmm,

    Hey guys and girls. Do not panic, I am an internal CKP candidate,starting my CKP on the 15th June and then my anticipated start date is 27th July. Just thought I'll check how many of you are on the same boat? I assume the external candidates havent been informed yet, however nearer to the time I am sure there will be more of us. I hope I am not going to a get a lot of hate for being an internal lol I got an email out of the blue couple of weeks ago, but I have been waiting a long time like a lot of people on this forum. I applied back in July, did my day 1 in September and day 2 in October. So I know the feeling, fingers crossed for everyone else here. In the meantime ,…

  15. Stuntman
    Started by Stuntman * ,

    Hello everyone, I was just wondering if anyone else is going through the recruitment process for Norfolk? I, like a couple of others I've met, took our AC back in February 2014, then recruitment was suspended and our SEARCH results were extended for twelve months. In this time we've had our refs done, vetting done, final board, fitness, medical and biometrics etc. I'm getting a little concerned as we aren't far from coming to the end of the extension period, there is supposed to be an intake in September but if that doesn't happen it's March 2016, which will be into another extension period of they allow it. I'm just interested in finding others who are going through …

    • 2 replies
    • 417 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.