Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Fingerscrossed1546620627
    Started by Fingerscrossed1546620627,

    Hi folks. Can someone tell me when the fitness tests are after starting college, and whether they are 1.5m or beep test. I understood there to be 5 tests total, 2x1.5 mile runs during recruitment, then 3 more during your probationary period? Also, aside from the list given in the entry pack, is there anything I should consider taking. Pillow? Spare shirt for suit etc? ( suit on for 2 days to begin with?) I've opted for 2 pairs of timberland boots, as opposed to shoes. Used these boots for many many years.

  2. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    'Evening all. What would your IDCOPPLAN reason be if you had to arrest someone for begging?

    golf-uniformvictor
  3. choppercjb
    Started by choppercjb,

    Afternoon all, anybody on here going to the three day selection event in Inverness at the end of the month? I completely underestimated the amount of work involved in the recruitment! I have done plenty of mock SET's and jut starting to work on my interview prep! It is like being back at school, really enjoying it though, engaging parts of my brain that haven't been used since i left school!!

    • 0 replies
    • 211 views
  4. Sara Polo
    Started by Sara Polo * ,

    Hi I am partway through recruitment, passed Day 1/Day 2 /CKP. Now waiting for vetting to start. Trouble is i have just found out I am 8 weeks pregnant!!! Due Jan 16. What do i do? Can they delay my intake until the very last? Will they stop my application? Its completely thrown me! Been trying to conceive for years after complications and now it's happened! Any advise will be great Thanks Sara

    • 1 reply
    • 370 views
    Future_officer
  5. Garfield1546621320
    Started by Garfield1546621320,

    Hello I've been given 15th June as my start date, opened this up to see who else is on the same intake?

  6. XA84
    Started by XA84 +,
    • 2 replies
    • 707 views
  7. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    Not that I've passed the assessment yet but hoping to. Would like advice as to what happens in final interview. How many questions, how long, is it more than one person interviewing? Any info would be great . Also how did you prepare for it? Thanks

  8. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    Anybody just get an email from the Met about a voluntary questionnaire which is to 'allow us to make intelligent decisions when deploying our new recruits' based upon 'language, life skills, your preferred London Borough and cultural awareness'? It's with the Apollo assessments we used when we registered our interest...

    Constable_Aziz
  9. Scott Lewis
    Started by Scott Lewis,

    Good evening all, I was hoping someone would know if the exams/final exam is written or multiple choice? I have downloaded IPLOD for the iPhone which looks extremely impressive. Many thanks

  10. Becky_1234
    Started by Becky_1234,
  11. pedrosa666
    Started by pedrosa666,

    Hi guys, I'm starting my degree in September since I always wanted to become a police officer. However there are some issues with my eyes that can't be fixed. My right eye is completely useless, I can see with it but everything is blurred and I would not be able to read a single letter with it (that's with glasses on). My left eye is not so bad but I still need glasses in order to see things clear. I don't know exact numbers etc. If I try hard and focus properly I would be able to read off certain lines with my left eye (without glasses). I went to one of the biggest eye clinics in Europe and they told me that I can't have my eyes fixed and that I have to live with …

    • 5 replies
    • 676 views
  12. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, Has anyone received today or this week the 24th August intake offer by email or phone?

    Future_officer
  13. Amz89
    Started by Amz89,

    Anyone in this intake let me know we have a FB and WhatsApp group going

  14. choppercjb
    Started by choppercjb,

    Morning all I am attending a Police Scotland fast track selection event in Inverness at the end of June, assuming i get far enough.....can anybody shed any light on what exercises will be undertaken during the assesment centre stage? Cheers Chris

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 521 views
  15. jonp_h
    Started by jonp_h,

    Transferred my AC results to Avon and Somerset and heard back this afternoon I have a final interview in March. Anyone here had a final interview with them before? Is it just the standard questions regarding the competencies? I'm doing the trip from Northumberland to Bridgewater and back in 1 day!! Going to be wrecked at the end of it, but it's all worth it!! Thanks, J

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.