Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheCu
  2. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    Has anyone heard from their application to Durham Police -it says if you haven't heard by 13th December 2014 you've been unsuccessful. Should I have heard by now?

  3. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    'Evening all! I'm currently in my two-year probationary period with the Metropolitan Police Service. I was wondering if you could give me some details about the OSPRE examination necessary for promotion to Sergeant, like what it is focused on, what are the main topics? I'd just like a little insight into what it's about, so whatever you're allowed to tell me will be much appreciated.

  4. Eclipse23
    Started by Eclipse23 * ,

    Hi there, I am 23 and have worked in the private security industry for over 5 years and have decided I might be one step closer to wanting a career with police scotland living in Edinburgh I have a few quick questions from a few things holding me back to actually going for it; *If all selection processes are passed and I am accepted into the force however in I.e Aberdeen do i have the option to deny moving? (Moving from Edinburgh would be really not an option due to commitments) *If i denied relocating I have heard of "pools" of staff ready to fit the gaps in their chosen areas is this so? (In my case L&B) *Does this then mean i could continue my current employme…

  5. Mcmaster87
    Started by Mcmaster87 * ,

    Hi there, As I mentioned in the title, I need some advise regarding police clearances needed for my application following a gap year. I decided before applying to Scotland's police force I would use this opportunity between changing careers to fulfil my dream of traveling. Knowing that I would need police clearances from any countries visited, I figured it would not be too difficult. In the last year I spent a considerable amount of time in Australia and a couple months in New Zealand and Indonesia. Getting police clearances from the first two are no problem at all. But it seems to be impossible to get a police clearance certificate from Indonesia unless you have live…

  6. SW_matt
  7. nadiatunes
    Started by nadiatunes * ,

    Hi guys I attended a recruitment open evening for the police today, which I enjoyed and has made me want this role further. However, I am concerned about the eye test. I have one eye reading 6/45 and the other reading 6/24 without aid. I am assuming that this is not something that there is any leniency on at all? My optician said he has no concerns about me passing it, but I am obviously a little concerned. Also, does this vary by the constabulary? I found an article stating that Cambridgeshire, in particular, has a requirement of 6/24 opposed to 6/15? Your help is massively appreciated Thanks all Nadia

    • 3 replies
    • 358 views
  8. KieranJones
    Started by KieranJones,

    Hello everyone, I'm due to start my CKP in April at a local college in South Wales and was wondering if anyone who has been could share some experience and what it's like. Oh and also if anyone else is going to be doing there CKP in April at the llandarcy sports academy let me know :)

  9. PrimeCut
    Started by PrimeCut,
  10. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hi everyone, as we all know and love the vetting department does take quite awhile to clear through, at the moment I am unemployed and have too much free time for my own good, I have been contemplating taking on a part time job to pass the time and keep myself busy, only thing that concerns me is how would that affect my vetting process? Do I need to declare that I am now in another job etc etc - in summary I just want to know what would happen if I take on a part time job. Thanks.

    • 4 replies
    • 518 views
  11. Sssnakepit
    Started by Sssnakepit,
  12. dan111
    Started by dan111,

    So I am currently a college student in my first year and have some general questions about recruitment. I am hoping to join the police as a Constable after completing a degree (not yet decided which, thinking of either criminology, law or combined). First question: How long does the recruitment process usually take? I've read on numerous websites that there is a recruitment process, but haven't seen anywhere the average or general time all this can take. Second question: The 2 year probationary period; what does this mean? In this time does a Constable have the same powers an officer outside the probationary period does? I'm guessing it's just a period whereby you…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 769 views
  13. Nopensionnomore
    Started by Nopensionnomore * ,

    Hi people! I'm new to the forum and looking for some advice. I have been a police officer for 12 in South uk. I have served in firearms and currently the dog unit. I am considering a move north of the border for a better life for my kids (also my family are from argyll). Has anyone here transfered to police Scotland and how was it?

  14. TheBadge
    Started by TheBadge,

    Thought id start a new topic guys So who's currently on "Offer - Manager Review"? Anyone heard anything new? CKP - Completed Vetting - Completed References - Completed Offer - Manager Review I was even given some sort of official number that I will be known by once I join the MET from the kind vetting lady. Other than that I have been waiting ever since.. ​

  15. 1965
    Started by 1965,

    hello i'm Looking at applying for detention officer role i'm 21 but look 19, As a Special i don't recall seeing anyone that looked under the age of say 30 working as a detection officer. Any thoughts of why this is? Have a few theories of my own but wondering what people think. cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.