Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mike88
    Started by mike88 +,
  2. Josuz
    Started by Josuz,

    Where would you like to be posted I'm hoping for Greenwich

  3. Marke90
    Started by Marke90 +,

    Hey guys, one of my friends who is currently vetting is in a bit of trouble, he's asked my advice, i told him all i could and said i'd ask this forum to see if anyone has any experience in this area or can give some solid advice. Basically he got caught back in November (on his way home from his day 1 ) using his parents 60+ oyster card with free travel etc, he has to pay a fine and everything, he's also today got a letter being summoned to court to deal with it, he's emailed the train company to ask if it can be settled outside of court. He wants to know whether he should contact vetting now and tell them he has been summoned, or should he wait to see what the train co…

    cdean931546082824
  4. jennerl
    Started by jennerl,

    Hey all! Im currently going through the process to become a police constable (at stage 3 currently). However i have just been provided the opportunity to go straight to assessment day to become a special for a different force - my home force! I want to be a police officer so even though it is not in my preferable force area it is the most appealing option for me...if i am lucky enough to get the job! However my question...can i still put in my special application form? so i will have to applications running at the same time? And then depending on how far i get i can decide down the line whether to go for best job or best area? Thanks, Lucy

    • 2 replies
    • 648 views
    Cosmo Smallpiece
  5. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hi I had to get my doctor to check something after my day 2 and they askd me to email it to DORMailbox-OHRecruits@met.police.uk but its not recognised. Does anyone know how I can email it to them? Thanks

  6. znra2511546080955
    Started by znra2511546080955,

    I thought I would share a story with people on here who are going through vetting or who have struggled with vetting as it might help you to keep some hope. In 2006 I was vetted and cleared as a special with a large force (force A) In early 2007 I was vetted and cleared with a neighbouring force (Force B) as PC In 2009 I applied to transfer to Force A as a PC and was REFUSED vetting clearance In 2009 I applied to transfer to Force C as a PC and was REFUSED vetting clearance In 2010 I applied to transfer to Force D as a PC and was REFUSED vetting clearance In 2012 I applied to transfer to Force E as a PC and was GRANTED vetting clearance In 2013 I applied to transfe…

  7. PropIdol89
    Started by PropIdol89,

    I'm going through the MDP process at the minute and I've had my eyesight tested (perfect), I know I'll breeze the fitness test etc but my one concern is the hearing test. Due to my paranoia I had a free hearing test at Boots (similar to the police hearing test where you're put in a booth and press when you hear sounds) my right ear was good at 20dB but my left ear was showing moderate hearing loss at 45dB. I am very very concerned and paranoid now that this may hold me back from joining what is my dream job (been a special for 6 years and loved every minute). Whilst I've been in the Specials I've had no issues whatsoever with my left ear or my hearing in general. Can som…

    kennyross1078
  8. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    First of all, hey guys, I have applied for the Met and got my day 2 on 2nd march. I just wanted to ask a couple questions on this. First, with the pay and London weighting allowance, are they two separate things that is added to your salary? For example if I pass and get in God willing, I would start at like 22k, however is London weighting allowance already in the 22k or is it 22k+6.5k which really is 28.5k salary, if so why does the Met create this confusion, is it 22k, or 28.5k? Last question (for now ) is that in the London Met, can I get free gym membership? (my borough prefs are in west london, if that counts for anything) Thanks, and peace upon you all.

  9. Gogogadget9
    Started by Gogogadget9,

    Hi, just had my Day 2 and have a quick question in regards to the CKP loan the Met will provide for you to complete your CKP with an outside provider. It said on the email they will do this if you meet a number of eligibility requirements. One of those requirements is to have a household income under £40,001. I was wondering if anyone knew if this meant household in the legal sense, parents and partners? Only I flat share, so obviously our combined income is well over £40k, but my flatmates income doesn't effect me whatsoever. My personal income is around £30k so am I still eligible for the loan? Thanks.

  10. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi, So guys anyone here know what's it like working at Hillingdon borough. Is it a busy borough? I've been posted to this borough any information would be appreciated. What shifts am I likely to be working?

  11. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,
  12. holder of equality

    Hi guys me again, before I begin Sub-seven don't comment if you're just going to be a grouch, thanks!! I just done my day 2 on the 2nd March, I've expressed on the forums I want to learn a language and I am just wondering can I go abroad to study a language and just come back home when I am given my start date/ when I am needed. the reason I am saying this is because the majority in this forum have had extremely long waiting times between their day 2 and starting, average 3/4 months

  13. Marke90
    Started by Marke90 +,

    Just thought i'd start a new topic/conversation on where everyone wants to be posted and why? Take our minds of vetting and what not. Also to the people currently serving/have served, what boroughs have you worked on? Which are your personal Favorites and why?

  14. Mark Jackson
    Started by Mark Jackson * ,

    Hello, I have been offered a place on the March 30th intake with the MET but not yet passed my CKP. My exam is on Monday 9th. If I was to fail are the MET flexible enough to give me another intake date? I'm worried I'll completely miss out if i do not pass this time. Thanks, Mark

    • 2 replies
    • 494 views
  15. chhay

    Afternoon, I have currently applied to a Police Force and waiting to hear back from them in relation to attending the next stage of the recruitment event. Of curiosity, due to being put on courses in the next couples of months within my current job, I was wondering how flexible police recruitment is in understanding that the dates they provide may fall on my current job course dates? Due these courses being vital in my current job there is no way possible of getting out of them. So are the HR teams/ recruitment teams usually understanding to give another available date ( if successful) so I can attend the next stages around the weeks I will be on these courses? …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.