Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. lyndseyjane81
    Started by lyndseyjane81,

    I recently failed pre-employment checks with Merseyside Police. I applied for a special constable position. I passed the PIR and face to face interview. I was about to do my medical and got a standard email that said I had failed on pre-employment checks. They initially would not elaborate what they meant by that, anyway, I eventually got a response and it turns out it was because I had stated I had 5 days sickness in the past 3 years but after checking with my employer it was actually 7.5. I don't keep track of my sickness since I am hardly off and it wasn't intentionally that I didn't put these down, just couldn't remember. So, since I signed a declaration to say the 5 …

    lyndseyjane81
  2. Jason96
    Started by Jason96,

    Hi guys, have been doing my CKP with police pass and have my exam tomorrow, just wanted to know how different the real exams are from the mock exams they give you, I have heard exam 2 is completely different? Is this true and in what way? Less multiple choice? Also is there any topics I should give some last minute revision? Any help and advice would be great. Thanks. Jason

  3. swiftfox
    Started by swiftfox,
  4. PCWannabe
    Started by PCWannabe,

    Forgive me for being a little unsure or naive regarding pay for Police constables. I understand when the Windsor report was implemented the starting salary for a PC was reduced and newly appointed officers would/could start on a salary of just over £19K. I understand also they could start on the next point of the scale at the discression of the Chief Constable or if they have preciously served in some capacity, i.e. as a PCSO or Special. Having just seen an advert for Cumbria Police who are currently advertising to appoint PCSO's which advertises the following: Cumbria Constabulary is looking to recruit for an intake of Police Community Support Officers. 37 hours pe…

    Stamford1546621217
  5. chriswilko
    Started by chriswilko,

    Hi, I have been given March 30th as my start date ( subject to completing the internal CKP in february) Just wondering if anyone else has been given this date? chris

  6. Pegasus0
    Started by Pegasus0,

    Hi everyone, Fairly new out of the box as a PC with only 3 months out of training(was a PCSO for a year previously). I have always been more of a practical person so find some of the paperwork (particularly for case papers) tough to get to grips with And is taking me a little longer than I would like to get decent at. Anyone got any tips that might help me speed up my learning process for it so I can focus on developing my skills as an Officer rather than spending most of my time trying to figure out all the paperwork?

    Stamford1546621217
  7. PostwarGnu9
    Started by PostwarGnu9,

    Can anyone tell me if the initial beep test is stopped once you hit their requirement or do they keep on going till you drop?

  8. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hi I have just received an email declining my application for CPK Funding as I haven't lived in a London Borough out 3/6 years, But I have?! I am confused. I moved back to London in 2009 from Wiltshire and last August - Jan this year i lived in Grays in a flat share, But worked in London. Surely this can't stop me, Birth - 2003 - Living in Romford (Born) May 2003-March 09 - Lived in Wiltshire March 09 - Moved back to Romford (London Borough of Havering) May 12 - Moved to Rainham (London Borough of Havering) Aug 13- Moved back to Romford (London Borough of Havering) 5 years 5 months in London Borough Aug 14 Moved to Grays - Thurrock Jan 15 - Moved back t…

  9. Nearly_there1546621318
    Started by Nearly_there1546621318 * ,

    Hi Guys, Just wondering if anyone has had any experience of business interest applications? How long they took to go through? If a decision was made aggainst it? etc. Many Thanks

  10. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    I have heard that you can go through all of the assessment, final interview, vetting and right at the end they say you have passed but you have to wait till a position becomes available. Is this true-if they put you through all of this and you pass will there always be a job to go to?

  11. Lewisrb
    Started by Lewisrb * ,

    I am currently 17 and finishing secondary school in Scotland, with the ambition of becoming a police officer in years to come. I applied to study criminology later this year at a variety of different universities but unfortunately did not get an offer from my first choice, The University of Stirling. I have alternative offers, but none of which I am enthusiastic about pursuing for a number of different reasons. I currently work part time as a chef (kind of) and believe that this shows many capabilities, due to the fast pace of the working environment in many aspects and also many other things. Anyway, I would love to join the police service as soon as possible, and would …

  12. Dyce
    Started by Dyce,

    Hi everyone, I have my initial interview next week and I am so nervous! What should I be revising? how do I go about it? What type of questions will I be asked? If i'm asked a question on the spot I tend to get nervous and not give a good answer how can I overcome this? any help will be appreciated, thanks.

  13. LMAB90
    Started by LMAB90,
    northernbobby
  14. ps1983
    Started by ps1983,
  15. andyccfc
    Started by andyccfc,

    Hi, I am requesting any info on shift patterns or average working weeks with the NCA, either as an intelligence officer or in investigation. Anyone on here work for the NCA could provide any info on recruitment? Looking at the possibility of applying so any info would be great. Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 772 views
    znra2511546080955

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.