Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. EXPO
    Started by EXPO,

    Hello all! I'm applying for the role of Police constable for the second time, having got through to the assessment centre on my first application. Would it be inappropriate for me to use the same examples in the competency questions on my application for the second time? Bearing in mind I'm applying for the same force. There's over a year since I applied last; I know they're not going to remember due to all the applications they get; but possibly still have my previous application on file and therefore might look a bit sloppy using the same examples. I only ask because I really struggled the first time to find relevant examples. Thanks for any advice.

    • 4 replies
    • 724 views
  2. BlueRedBlue
    Started by BlueRedBlue,
  3. ludamick
    Started by ludamick,

    Hi All I just wondered if anyone has ever got a response from the met email address? I've now emailed 5 times (once every two/three weeks or so) but I never hear anything back. I've tried to call too and that seems to get me nowhere. Thanks in advance and hope you all had great weekends

  4. AshB1989
    Started by AshB1989,

    So this might seem like a weird thread but hopefully not... Apart from the obvious things on the kit list like shoes and pe kit etc,, does anyone who has been to Tully or are there now have any other things they would recommend we take? Like kettles, cups, irons etc??

  5. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    'Evening all! I've just been issued with all my kit (par some things) and wondered what brush do you use to keep your helmet clean (if you do) and any recommendations on where to get one from?

  6. pcplodder1546621316
    Started by pcplodder1546621316,

    Hi, if all goes to plan I will be starting training in april. Can anyone tell me the exact number of weeks training lasts and also what happenes if you already have holidays booked and they then coincide with training. I first applied over a year ago now and the process has been so long. I have a two week holiday booked and am nervous that it will clash with when I will be doing my training. Do the police take this into consideration? Is there anything I can do? Or is it the case I will have to cancel my holiday which has been booked for over a year now.

  7. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hi guys, on the medical history questionnaire (which is for day 2) they ask about your sick absence in the last 3 years asking for specific dates, I know for sure I have been sick and missed some days of school but how do they expect me to write down the actual dates and reasons why? I just left it blank but I don't want to cause delays to my application and I don't know what to do really... Can someone put me at ease? Haha. (Got my day 2 on 2nd March-Monday)

  8. jay25172875
    Started by jay25172875,

    Hi everyone was just wandering if anyone knows of and police officers in Lancashire constab who were hearing aids or better yet someone who was recruited on the basis they needed to wear one. I'm in the final stages of recruitment for lancs but medical has been put on hold due to hearing in my left ear however a hearing aid would bring me to the required standard does anyone know if lancs recruits individuals who wear them?

  9. finbarfin
    Started by finbarfin,

    I've recently attended an Assessment Centre where the pass mark was 60%. I feel the roleplays, structured interviews and written exercises went well. My verbal ability went ok, but the Maths was insanely hard! It was at least A-Level stats equivalent. I've passed the old Police Maths test, have a B at GCSE and have breezed all my practice tests in a Police recruitment book. Irrespective of a 50, 55 or 60% pass mark, does anyone know how much the Maths counts for, and if you fail it (i.e lowest mark being a D) can you still pass overall?

    • 1 reply
    • 775 views
  10. 1965
    Started by 1965,

    Never usually post on forums but after getting very bored job hunting (I finish uni soon) i thought i'd post: I've been a special for a roughly 4 months, it has made me realize a 1)9-5 office job just isn't for me. 2)getting into the police as a regular is stupidly tough at the moment so as a long shot i was wondering if anyone recommends a career that has similarities with the police? (e.g shift work, being out and about, meeting different people,) I know it's a strange question, and in some ways unanswerable (after all it's such a unique job) but there'll people out there such as retired cops or specials ext that enjoy the police job but have had to try to find …

  11. Mari-Claire Murphy
    Started by Mari-Claire Murphy * ,

    Hi all, I've been strongly debating with myself to join the police for years and the only thing that's ever put me off is the college. I live in Edinburgh and have a 3 year old daughter so the thought of being away from her for so long really puts me off. I've seen that I could commute there and it would take me just over 2 hours which doesn't really bother me. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is it more beneficial towards my education there to stay at the college or is it manageable to commute to and from every day? Any advice given would be really appreciated! Thanks.

  12. sitemplar
    Started by sitemplar,

    Hi I am due to start my Police Officer training for Warwickshire and West Mercia, but as yet I have not been told the location of the training! Does anyone have any ideas on the location, Hindlip, Warwick?? Also, I live on the border of Leicestershire and I am really hoping that I get offered a post in Nuneaton or close to this area. Do any of you have any experience of being offered your preferred location, particularly with this joint Force? Any comments much appreciated.

  13. Nearly_there1546621318
    Started by Nearly_there1546621318 * ,

    Hi Guys, is anyone hoping to start on 13th April? Just wondering how far everyone is? Have you been told youve completed vetting? References contacted etc. Thanks :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 573 views
    Nearly_there1546621318 *
  14. AshB1989
    Started by AshB1989,

    Soo have my final fitness on January 30th at Jackton...and I am positively bricking it. mainly as it is the last one and I had an injury over festive season which has pulled my confidence a little but hey! Anyone else doing this one next week?

  15. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, Anyone else looking at the May intake? Anybody moving from quite a distance? Any ideas what to do for digs? My area choices are quite a way from each other so picking somewhere to live is proving difficult. Anyone else in this boat or can offer guidance? Thank you, Emily.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.