Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ABLE68
    Started by ABLE68,

    I have successfully completed assessment centre and interview, references etc for Dispatcher role. Initially I was advised of a start date of March 2015 but due to restructuring I have been advised that I am in 'The holding pool' Has anyone here experienced the same situation or in the same boat?

  2. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hi, I applied for the Met, and posting preferences in the west London region. I was just wondering, everyone knows Muslims pray 5 times a day, in training school is there reasonable time to be able to fill this obligation? Also on Fridays Muslims have a gathering and someone makes a speech (obviously in this circumstance won't be long) and then we pray, this is called Jummah. My question is, I really do not want to miss my prayers, and just wanted some insight really before I get in (God willing of course) Thank you, anyone can answer this, not just a Muslim. Peace upon you all!

  3. Scott Lewis
    Started by Scott Lewis,

    Hello all, I was wondering if anyone knows what the time table colour coding means for the MET training? I have just been sent my timetable couldn't work out what what ELS 1 and ELS 2 are ?

  4. emma6564
    Started by emma6564,

    Hi all lots have been processed now to feb intake from march. Who is still waiting to get processed from day 2 in sept/oct?

  5. george1995
    Started by george1995,

    I read in an email a while ago stating that where I live is "subject to the approval of the commissioner" what does this entail? Do I need to inform them before I move in? I'm moving from outside of London so informing them before I begin training could be tricky

  6. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hi All I have just passed assesment Day 1 and have medical & fitness on 4th March. Can any one tell me the next steps? If pass 2 and have passed CPK and vetting, what is next? Is there a final interview? Thanks Mel

  7. holder of equality
    Started by holder of equality,

    Hi, I'm relatively new here and just looking for an answer, I had my day 1 assessment on the 27th January, but I don't know how to send my CTC form as well as I don't know when I should... Should I of sent it after my assessment or do I wait until I have been given the clear for my day 2 assessment, please help. I applied for London Met.

    holder of equality
  8. keyturn87
    Started by keyturn87,

    Hi folks, just looking for some advise, I've passed all stages of the MOD Police and I'm just waiting for DV Vetting. My inconsiderate friend has just sent me a link to our local constabulary which state they are looking for people to transfer there applications to if they scored over 60% overall and 44% on your written tests on your assessment centre. I got 68% overall and 89% on my written. My question is should I transfer my app to Cambridge or stick with the MOD?? I know most forces only take their best candidates so even though your score could be better than 60% you still might not get on a initial course. What should I do???

  9. pcplodder1546621316
    Started by pcplodder1546621316,

    So, I have done my assessment centre, I have done my final in-house interview, I have done my biometric testing and now have my medical and fitness booked in for a few weeks time. They have contacted me asking me whether they can contact my referees. Im a bit confused really as I haven't even passed my fitness yet and they are contacting my current employer. My question is really, is this normal? what is the normal order that they do all the different stages? I have been worrying about passing vetting, does this mean I have now passed vetting?

  10. Mbrees
    Started by Mbrees,

    Hello, I'm currently going through the process of transferring from TVP to A&S and have been advised that my posting will be in the Somerset area. I was hoping to get some information as to what the different areas are like there and any pro's and cons of the different stations. I may be asked for my preferences in regards to stations so it would be nice to have some idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Matt

  11. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    I was just wondering if we had to re-do any of the things we did in Day 2 (like bleep, drugs misuse test) during training? I know there are written tests and role plays during training, I'm assuming similar but more intense than day 1 (?) but would like to know what else to expect. I've seen on here that knowing definitions and points to prove is a big check in the plus column going in. Also, pay wise (purely because I'm broke and will have to travel so need to plan), do we wait a full month before our first paycheck, or longer? Basically any information would be great as it's hard to come by from the Met itself. Feel free to PM experiences if you like :) Thanks yo

  12. TheBadge
    Started by TheBadge,

    Hi guys, I don't know if anyone would know but.. What would happen if references do not reply to the met?

  13. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Stage One Complete initial application form and submit to your chosen force for initial paper sift. Stage Two Applications are checked to ensure you meet the basic criteria. If all is well you will be invited to take part in the Assessment Centre. Stage Three | Assessment Centre Day is split into 2 parts. Police Initial Recruitment Test (PIRT) and roles plays / interviews. You should expect a reply in 14 days as to your success. Stage Four | Security/Background Checks These take place during the next stages. Stage Five | Medical If successful you will be required to take a force Medical Examination. Stage Six | Fitness If successful you will be required to t…

    • 28 replies
    • 18.6k views
  14. MacD140
    Started by MacD140 * ,

    Hello everyone, Just a wee post to ask what the chances of me getting selected would be if i am 18 years old but have been out of school for two years doing a course in college and have been developing life skills and gaining lots of qualifications in sports and i have a power boat licence. I am also looking to get my HND this year. I am a pro-amature skier and i have qualifications to teach skiing (BASI 1 and also race coach 1). Would my age cause me to possibly get knocked back?

  15. Samster999
    Started by Samster999 * ,

    Hi Guys Newbie here. I previously applied in 2013 got so far and my application was rejected as I had to wait 10 years since a previous conviction date was up. The 10 years is up and I'm trying to send the application form in. However the PDF wont allow me to edit and save any of my answers, therefore I'm not able to send it by email. Has anybody else found this? Or is the only option to send it in handwritten via post? Any help greatly appreciated. Samster.

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 882 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.