Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. garygary86
    Started by garygary86,

    Hi guys, Just a quick one. On your days off do you have to attend court? I have been told this from a few sources and was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on it? Cheers

  2. hyetts
    Started by hyetts * ,

    i applied to be a Special constable last year and i was a conflict of interest because of my SIA licence, i dont know if any of you guys would know but if you do that would be great, my question is if i give up my sia licence and applied to be a special constable again and stated to them i am willing to give up my sia licence to progress a career as a police officer would i still be seen as a conflict of interest or do i have to wait like a few weeks of not working with the sia licence or something dont know how it works

    • 1 reply
    • 935 views
  3. helencumber
    Started by helencumber,

    Hi, I just received a conditional offer to join the met, starting training on the 5th of January. Just wondering if there is anyone else out there that has too? Helen x

  4. Joe Gersh
    Started by Joe Gersh,

    Hi guys, I've just made it on to the Day 1 stage of the recruitment process, however I am worried about the London Residency criteria as I have lived extremely close to the border. I have lived in an SM6 postcode for 2/3 years which I know is definitely under London. However, just incase my previous address is required, this was a KT17 postcode. I know this comes under the LONDON borough of Kingston but it also came under the Surrey region??? Should I be worried or will parts of Surrey still come under Greater London? Thanks in advance... Joe.

  5. SW_matt
  6. emma6564
    Started by emma6564,

    Does anyone know if you have to have completed or nearly completed ckp before vetting starts? Thanks

  7. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    So I had a call from vetting this morning regarding my father and his actions, convictions etc and it's left me feeling like I won't pass vetting because of it. Has anybody passed vetting who has had an immediate family member have any convictions, or have had convictions themselves (not the case here tho)? Any insight would be great because I'm pretty much left feeling like my father has just cost me this career, when I shouldn't be judged as a person based on his actions....

    Stamford1546621217
  8. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    For further details on joining the Met Police, visit their website here

    Future0fficer1545926288
  9. Teddy93
  10. sco22y
    Started by sco22y * ,

    Hi everyone, I am currently finishing my honours year at university in Scotland and will have everything wrapped up by June, After which I would like to either join the police or start teacher training. After leaving the army in 2008 (and before starting my degree) I applied to the police and got invited to the initial interview, however, due to our(wife and I) childcare situation I decided not to attend. My question is, should I begin the process of applying for the police just now, are they likely to allow me to finish my degree or should I just hang off a little? I already have several interviews coming up for teacher training so I will soon be faced with a tough d…

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 433 views
  11. Norseman23
    Started by Norseman23,

    Hi Guys, Anybody any experience of having to change the personal references they put on their initial application? My circumstances have changes and there's more appropriate references that I would like to substitute. Would this be considered or frowned upon by recruitment? Thanks in advance for any advice.

  12. Jayjay86
    Started by Jayjay86 * ,

    Hi all, Quick question, I was convicted of driving without insurance 3 years ago, a genuine unfortunate mistake but this is no excuse. Would this harm my chances of joining the police regardless of the job I am applying for and the location/district?

  13. Millie31
    Started by Millie31,

    I'm in the process of applying to transfer to Herts, and I would appreciate any comments {be totally honest!} from serving and former Herts officers. In particular, shifts, work load, single crewing{thoughts?} and opportunites to apply for AFO role. Many thanks.

    • 3 replies
    • 621 views
  14. stottycake
    Started by stottycake,

    I've been told because of my pass mark I can apply to another force. Unfortunately HR department is closed,until after New Year Closing date is 31 December and it's an online application. If I put Yes I have applied within 6 months to another force then would they look at it. Tempted to put no and then explain if I get through. Thoughts please?

  15. Stuart Sinclair
    Started by Stuart Sinclair,

    Hey guys got my initial interview tomorrow. Done a bit of revision eg code of ethics job knowledge like what is in tailed in the job etc starting to get quite nervous now haha anyone any additional tips or anything I should revise today ? Thanks Stuart

    • 2 replies
    • 596 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.