Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. smartypants
    Started by smartypants,

    Today I was CC'd into an external job reference and an educational (open university) reference. I am a bit puzzled that the MET have chosen to contact the Open University but my thinking is they are checking to make sure I actually have my degree! How long did people wait to hear about a training course date after being CC'd I to these reference checks?

  2. gm27
    Started by gm27,

    Couldn't find a topic on this subject. Has anyone else recently applied for the student officer 2015 intake?

  3. stevew89
    Started by stevew89,

    Hi all, I am interested to hear about your timeline with applying to the Met as a PC; whether you are still waiting to join or have joined up already. There doesn't seem to be any clear method by recruitment on how long it takes to get in from the day you apply, but it would be interesting to see from other members' experiences. For me, I'm still waiting for a start date, and this is my timeline so far: Applied on 01/05/2014 Advised passed paper sift and invited to Day 1 on 02/06/2014 Attended Day 1 on 01/07/2014 Advised passed Day 1 and invited to Day 2 on 16/07/2014 Attended Day 2 08/08/2014 but failed JRFT due to injury Attended JRFT again on 12/09/2014 and passed…

  4. KTodd83
    Started by KTodd83,

    Hi, i have my initial interview on Tuesday and have been researching endlessly for it, however I'm struggling a bit for the personal awareness competencie, any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

  5. Gerard30
    Started by Gerard30,

    Can anyone tell me what subjects are assessed in the kee1 exam? I've got my study schedule through and I've seen the revision sessions before the exam are on theft, robbery, mowp, burglary, ID suspects, crim attempts, fraud, phonic alphabet, assault, harassment, crim damage. Does that about cover the subjects they will test there on or is there anything else I should know?

    • 0 replies
    • 2.3k views
  6. Gentleman Jim
    Started by Gentleman Jim,

    No more applications being accepted. http://content.met.police.uk/Site/newpoliceconstables Does this have any effect on applicants who are already in the application process ?

  7. rihgirhrign
    Started by rihgirhrign,

    I've recently passed the assessment centre with Leicestershire, and have been told than although there is a 2015 intake it looks more likely that I'll be in contention for a placement in 2016. My overall score was 68 percent I was just curious to know whether this is a good score or not as they've said that the candidates with better grades are likely be offered Placements first. Any help or idea would be greatly appreciated.

    Super Ted1546621273
  8. Ksi1
    Started by Ksi1,

    Hi everyone. I completed and passed my day 2 on the 6th September and I am starting my CKP E-learning with Bluelight consultancy tomorrow which is due to end on the 21st November. Does anyone know when I'm likely (all being well) when I would receive a start offer? thank you

  9. AshB1989
    Started by AshB1989,

    Hi everyone, So its edging towards end of year now, I know a lot of recruits were sent to Aberdeen/Highlands & Islands etc.. Anyone else know how the postings are looking? I would rather be posted somewhere within 2 hours of where I currently live but I know because of the National force it might not be the case. Been hearing a lot of different things....some being posted to their first choices...other being sent miles away? Has anyone been given their first choices or preferences recently?

  10. -Marcus-
    Started by -Marcus-,

    Hey. Been sent a conditional offer to start at Hendon on 5th January 2015. Got a few quick queries and would be grateful if someone could assist :) (as recruitment take too long to email back). Hendon is only 2 days, so accommodation won't be necessary, I'm sure I can find a cheap hotel for a couple of nights. Just worried about the Wednesday when I get my placement at one of three RLC, is there usually accommodation? Or will I have to look for somewhere nearby. The email about training says I'll receive further details about training a week prior to it, which seems like very short notice to find somewhere to live, as I currently live no where near London. Any advic…

  11. George McCrudden
    Started by George McCrudden,

    Hi everyone, a few month ago I got the dreadful news that I had failed vetting. For the full information on that, please check: http://www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk/index.php?/topic/53412-refusal-of-vetting/ Essentially I ended up going through to the Review Panel, which included Head of HR and the Deputy Commissioner. The final verdict was no, however they stated I should re-apply next year and the application would be seen in a different light. Not entirely sure what that means, but I certainly took it hard. It's been a month and I am looking to re-apply in January. My career is in the Police and I don't wish to not get in, so I wanted to make sure I got everything right…

    George McCrudden
  12. zoo55
    Started by zoo55,

    Are there any External candidates who have got through with valid PLC (PLC was the qualification before the CKP) pass. I have a pass from 2013...and when I applied I said on my application that I had a PLC and during my day 2 I said that I had a PLC pass. However, looking on the Met recruitment website, there is no reference to the PLC

    • 1 reply
    • 541 views
  13. Grotbags
    Started by Grotbags,

    Hi, I'n new to this. Just wondering if anyone has just completed their inital fitness test at Jackton? Is it a bleep test or the mile and a half run? Many thanks :-)

  14. george1995
    Started by george1995,

    I'm part of the February 23rd intake to the Met and have lost the conditional offer email I was wondering who should I email to get sent another one?

    liamlewis1546621309
  15. KTodd83
    Started by KTodd83,

    Hi, I've got the fitness test this week and am starting to panic, I can run a mile and a half no problem but I am struggling with bleep test. Do you have to wait 6 months before you can apply again if you fail. I just need to hope it's the mile and half run we do

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.