Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. tikwikitz
    Started by tikwikitz,

    Hi Guys, I am currently doing my ckp online, I have been offered a place for the sept intake. Can anyone tell me if the info covered in the CKP will be taught again when you start training in Hendon for example? There is a lot to take on with the CKP, I cant wait to get it over and done with. Thannks

    Hughes1546081300
  2. Friend1981
    Started by Friend1981 * ,

    Ok on the 18th of october i got my assessments through, which were (BEHAVIOURS)(LONDON FACTOR ETC). I got a email back in the week saying sorry i not acheived the pass mark!!! But they offered me another chance to try and pass them, Instead of reapplying from scratch, It's been over 2 weeks now and not heard anythink! has anyone else experienced having a 2nd try instead of reapplying. Thank's lee.

  3. Scuba99
    Started by Scuba99 * ,

    I'm really interested in joint the police. Unfortunately I have no A levels, just gcse's. Do any forces still accept applications with out them? Cheers

  4. bollos
    Started by bollos * ,

    Hi everyone, I recently signed up with police pass to complete my CKP but everything seems to be too confusing. So much to read and relate to questions. Any advice from anyone who completed will be appreciated.

  5. Bolan
    Started by Bolan,

    Hi Guys, I'm in need of some advice. I'm interested in joining the police however I'm not sure of the best way to go about things. I've looked at joining the specials as a way to gain valuable experience and show my commitment but my local force tends to recruit once a year in September then its a year or so before you can apply to join as a full constable. Another approach I'm looking at is to take a CKP (Certificate in Knowledge of Policing) course which some forces say is compulsory have done prior to applying, hopefully demonstrating some experience and commitment. However, this course can cost up to £900. My question is this, which option would offer the be…

    • 2 replies
    • 901 views
  6. Coop
    Started by Coop,

    Hey I'm a newbie but have been hanging around the forum for a while... Applied to the Met back in July and have got confirmation that I passed Day 1 last week! I definitely did a dance when I got that email. But yes, anyone else got their Day 2 on Nov 26th? I'm bricking it tbh.... Passed all those scary written and maths and roleplays to be scared of a teeny bleep test.

  7. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi everyone Thought I'd post this here's everyone seems to be going through recruitment etc... Follows the link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29802602

  8. U01atc8

    Hi guys, Sorry if this question has been asked and answered before. I’m currently Unemployed was self-employed i guess but stopping that to get myself in regular work while I try and get into the force. So in the mean time i may sign on like i did after a came out of uni, that aside but I’m in the midst of my application form and i don’t want to sign on if that would affect my application to its detriment. Does anyone know if that would be the case? On the Scottish application it asks i assume as all will about previous employment. How far back do i go with this? I have a letter from HMR detailing every job i have had with the supposed start and finish dates. Req…

  9. jonp_h
    Started by jonp_h,

    Hi, I have been looking through the forums and can see how helpful everyone is when someone new asks a question, so here goes.... I recently applied with Northumbria Police as a Police Officer and to my surprise I made it past the shortlisting stage and got to stage 2 - which to me was a massive achievement as I know hundreds of people will have applied as well! Question 1) I have been invited to attend an event with presentations from a senior officer, training department and resourcing unit this is then followed by a short 'informal' 10 minute interview to assess my ability to engage, communicate and listen - any idea what this could involve and any more tips for me? …

  10. TheBobster
    Started by TheBobster,

    Hi folks, wondering of any other serving cops have applied for the Civil Nuclear Constabulary? I have in the last couple of weeks, and just waiting to hear back. Would be good to know what stage others are at / how they've found the process, cheers.

  11. TopGun2014
    Started by TopGun2014,

    Hi all today I completed another application form to a Home Office force from the MDP and again faced with the familiar sound of doors closing because I had not done my initial training with a Home Office Force. I appreciate the MDP is unique in the policing that they deliver that's one of the reasons I joined. However I'm now at that stage in my career where I wish to further my policing in a Home Office force but nope there's no chance. Will there be any way to get such experience and join general home office policing?!? Feel free to discuss.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. Jo1993

    Hello, I know there are other posts regarding assessment days but I thought I'd start a new one to save me and hopefully others scrolling through vast amounts of posts!! So I got the call yesterday to say I've made it through to the Assessment day (which for me will be November 28th) for the Police Now graduate programme. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement!! I've had various applications and interviews with the police before and been let down a few times so am really keen to go into this one fully prepared and determined to get the job which I am! I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips about the day in general or about these things which t…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. Murray92
    Started by Murray92,

    Everything done and dusted, I've just sent the acceptance papers back and I'm due to start on the 17th anyone else here starting then? Hopefully hear what division I get next week.

  14. MLI_89
    Started by MLI_89,

    Has anyone else received an email about the internal CKP?

    WhiskeyWhiskey99
  15. Jo1993

    Hello, I know there are other posts regarding assessment days but I thought I'd start a new one to save me and hopefully others scrolling through vast amounts of posts!! So I got the call yesterday to say I've made it through to the Assessment day (which for me will be November 28th) for the Police Now graduate programme. To say I'm nervous would be an understatement!! I've had various applications and interviews with the police before and been let down a few times so am really keen to go into this one fully prepared and determined to get the job which I am! I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips about the day in general or about these things which they've to…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.