Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
I was wondering how deep can the vetting go when dealing with social networks, for example, if you have your Facebook profile set up so only your friends can see your posts, can the police get into your account and see stuff? or do they have access only to the posts with "public" privacy setting? nothing to hide or worry about it's just a curiosity
-
- 2 replies
- 851 views
- 2 followers
-
-
http://www.westyorkshire.police.uk/recruitment/transferees
-
Hi, can anyone let me know what experience they had prior to being appointed to this post? I really let myself down in the interview :-(
-
- 1 reply
- 295 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Is anyone else applying to be a 999 call operator, visitor handler or 101? How is the process different to becoming a police officer?
-
- 0 replies
- 344 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, The CKP Pass email we need to send on, is it just to the HR.Postrecruitment email address? Just vetting for me now, hopefully get a January start date :) So chuffed.
-
- 8 replies
- 1.4k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Hi. I have passed day two of the met recruitment process in july 24th, and contrary to the 4 week wait, i have only just heard from them last week. It is just bad timing, but last month i had a complaint come in where i defended myself fearing an impending attack. My day job have seen camera footage and cleared me of any wrong doing, but Hampshire psd are going to have it for months of investigating. Having been CC'd into a sergeants reference request, i gave a full account of the complaint. I got an email yesterday that said: Vetting have been informed of this an your case has been cancelled as there is an outstanding complaint. We can not proceed until this has been…
-
-
- 12 replies
- 1.5k views
- 5 followers
-
-
hi guys, I've passed my day 2 on Oct 20th and I will start my CKP course on Nov 8th (I know I should've started earlier), and will finish end of march, should have the certificate early april....do you think I will have any chance to have a start date with the met police? It's 6 months from now and I was wondering whether the MET will still be hiring or whether they have a deadline to get the CKP certificate in order to join.
-
-
- 2 replies
- 425 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi All, I've heard recruitment for Wiltshire Force is opening in a few weeks. My question is down mainly to the qualifications. I didn't do very well in my GCSE's, however I did pass a BTEC and a HND, are these (BTEC and HND) enough to pass the requirements for entry? I've seen they want the original certificates (which I can get) however how far back will I need to go, will they want my GCSE, BTEC and HND certificates or just would just the BTEC and HND be enough? Any advice would be welcome. Cheers.
-
- 0 replies
- 655 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey, I have got a room in this section house for the October intake, which I'm pretty happy about. However me and a few other girls I know were just wondering the standard of the room - I know the basic information they send you, but I was just wondering if anyone had any photos of the room/ area etc? I'm expecting something similar to uni but just wondering if there was anyone on here that is stopping here now or has stopped here that's can give us any tips for it etc - how much cooking utensils to take? And how it works in these kitchens? Thanks :)
-
- 8 replies
- 1.3k views
- 6 followers
-
-
Application Sift, SET's, Fitness Test, Initial Interview, Assessment Centre & Final Interview, Medical, Vetting and References - ALL PASSED!! Been given a start date of October 20th at Tulliallan which I have accepted. Anyone else starting on that date? If anyone has any questions about the process I would be happy to help, just PM me. Cheers :)
-
- 29 replies
- 2k views
- 9 followers
-
-
I was hoping somebody might ge able to offer some insight for me. A bit of background. Me and my fiancee live approx 300 miles away from the force that I have applied for. (She is originally from that area and all of her family and friends still live there). I have my assessment centre in early November and I have already recieved potential dates for fitness and uniform sizing in early January. If successful we will initially move in with her parents whilst I am training, and we are hoping that I will get posted in that area after training. My question is how does the posting situation work? Are you asked for a preference or just given a post dependant upon force need…
-
Hi everyone I wonder if anyone has had this problem and what results did they get from appealing? It's what it says on the tin, got a mail saying that my application was withdrawn due to not providing gp documents. I have appealed saying that I am willing to get a full medical privately which will prove I am healthy. Waiting for results.
-
-
- 13 replies
- 1.1k views
- 5 followers
-
-
Not sure if I can ask about direct questions about interactive exercises so I will try to word it carefully .I've just received info pack for north wales and was wondering if anyone can offer advice or tips on the 4 candidates named in the pack .As I said I will not name the 4 candidates in case it compromises anything in the rules thanks in anticipation
-
Hi, Anyone going for there day 2 assessment on the 22nd of October 2014? Would be good to hear from others going on that day.
-
- 0 replies
- 433 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Good afternoon, For those of you who may be interested the MPS is currently recruiting support staff to be based in the West Midlands force area. All positions are in and around the South Birmingham Area. Advert links are below: Desktop Support Field Engineers x 2 – Requires DV Clearance http://content.met.police.uk/Vacancy/Desktop-Support-Field-Engineers/1400026566527/1300003182489 Closing Date: 17/10/2014 Senior Business Support Administrator x 1 – Requires DV Clearance http://content.met.police.uk/Vacancy/Senior-Business-Support-Administrator/1400026849535/1300003182489 Closing Date: 28/10/2014 Service Desk Analysts x 5 – Requires SC Clearance http://content…
-
- 0 replies
- 459 views
- 1 follower
-