Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Masood OrcallmeMax
    Started by Masood OrcallmeMax * ,

    Basically In Apr - Aug 2012 I worked as a 999 operator but unfortunately I didn't get the desired standard and as a result I was offered a choice to either resign or sit in-front of the panel to either get an extension for a further probation/training. The downside was If i don't get an extension I may face a dismissal. So I decided to resign voluntarily but took couple of week to decide it, so in those couple of week I think the hearing process started but I was not aware of it. Now I have been refused vetting for the new role in MPS on the ground that I resigned prior to dismissal hearing. I have appealed against the decision which vetting has now confirmed that the sy…

    Masood OrcallmeMax *
  2. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Just as the title says. What is it equivalent too? My local course starts on Saturday 6th sept. however I haven't yet received my day 1 results from the met. Not sure what to do if I fail day 1. Would this be a complete waste of a qualification. What would you all advise me. If I don't get on this course the next one may be many months away. Thanks.

  3. Ellie.Crawley
    Started by Ellie.Crawley,

    Hello, I have been given my start date for the end of October but wondered what supplies etc I needed to take with me on the day? Also is there any other information I need to know before I start? Thanks in advance :)

    Foucauldfrancois
  4. donna.baker.cheshirepolice
    Started by donna.baker.cheshirepolice,

    Cheshire Constabulary is currently recruiting Police Constables, and is specifically seeking (but not limited to) those with a transferable SEARCH assessment score of 50 or over to apply to the Constabulary. We accept a SEARCH assessment score of over 50 if gained in the last 12 months. If you have failed at SEARCH assessment centre, you will still be able to apply to Cheshire, however, not if you failed in the last 6 months. Opportunity not to be missed! For more information about out PC recruitment go to our website; http://www.cheshire.police.uk/jobs/pcs.aspx

    donna.baker.cheshirepolice
  5. Adam2905
    Started by Adam2905,

    Guessing a few of us have got this offer, I got mine yesterday! Very excited. When the time comes... does anyone know anything about applying for section houses etc...?

    Stephanie Convery
  6. oodlydoodly

    Hi all My husband has found out that he has passed the vetting stage. His day 1 was in May and his day 2 was in June. However, he has been invited (via a telephone call) to attend a meeting at New Scotland Yard. He has been told to take along his MPS contract number, his driving licence and his passport. He wasn't given any other details. Does anyone know what this is about? Is it a normal meeting that is part of the process? Other people seem to talk about a start date just being given to them. He does not have a start date yet. He has done the CKP apart from a few of the exercises online which will be completed within the next week or so. Perhaps the fac…

  7. mmst
    Started by mmst,

    I have a day 1 assessment soon. Im a man and my hair is quite long, do you think this would look bad? Obviously there is no guarantee I will be successful, so I am reluctant to chop my hair off for one assessment. what do you think?

  8. callum_sp
    Started by callum_sp,

    Looking to see what the time scale of these? Bit of a long story but I had my day 2 on 25th of July. Waiting for Vetting and was told to do it all again due to the RV form. so mine was sent off two weeks ago. CKP done! Wanting to get an idea of start dates. Anyone dont the day 2 on 25/07/2014? Thanks, Callum

  9. Chrusby
    Started by Chrusby,

    Hi guys. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far. This is my first post on this forum, never been on forums before so not 100% sure how to use them so hopefully this post is in the correct place. I have applied for the regular PC job in Essex, and quite pleased with my progress to be honest - I just recently passed the Assessment Centre. I received the email on Thursday explaining that I had passed and it provided me with some details for the next stage of the application process, which is the interview with two senior officers. There is a fitness test on Tuesday as well, but I am not too anxious about this as I am ex-forces and my fitness hasn't really sli…

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 4k views
  10. whyalwaysme1546620974
    Started by whyalwaysme1546620974,

    As I understand it the majority of forces are now using Onefile as the assessment tool... I just wanted to know from other forces what level of evidence assessors are looking at from you to be able to mark off each assessment? Our force seem to have really increased the amount of information they want when signing off work at the moment, it used to be a case of submit a detailed assessment detialing the actions you undertook, but now they are increasingly asking for other officers present to submit evidence of your actions, custody record numbers, interview notes etc.. Any idea of what level of evidence you guys are submitting would be appreciated, Cheers!

    whyalwaysme1546620974
  11. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi everyone. I have recently had my day 1 for met pc. However on the day I wasn't given any information about when to submit the CTC/RV forms. Can anyone shed any light on this.? My CTC forms was checked off and given back to me with the amendments highlighted. Which email is it submitted too.? Thanks in advance

  12. Michael1988
    Started by Michael1988,

    Can anyone tell me if there is a way of contacting the met recruiters. Passed my online assessments and sent off my application but have heard nothing on over 2 months.

  13. Gogogadget9

    Hi all, like the title says, how do I access these? The Behaviour Styles Questionnaire, Situational Judgment Test and London Factor Assessment? I have registered, completed the eligibility screen and passed that but have heard nothing since. This was 24 hours ago. Should I be sent an email or something inviting me to complete these? Thanks, sorry if this has been posted before I did search but couldn't find anything.

    Stephanie Convery
  14. BravoWhiskey
    Started by BravoWhiskey,

    Hi, I have recently applied to study the CKP at Merrist Wood College in Guilford. I was just wondering whether i am able to apply and train as a special while i study the CKP, or whether the training to be a special and the CKP will overlap. Im planning to join the specials so that when it comes to joining the regulars I should already have my foot in the door and have more chance of getting into the regulars from internal recruitment. I will most likely apply to Surrey, however I actually live in Hampshire, has anyone got any ideas about when Hampshire could start recruiting again? It says on their website they will review their recruitment status at the end of this ye…

  15. JVet
    Started by JVet,

    Hi, I'm sure there must be a good number of members on here who plan to commute to the job/training centres by motorbike. I was thinking that maybe those who have already started work could share their knowledge of parking availability and changing facilities etc. of the different training centres and so forth. So if anyone has any experiences of commuting by bike, please share them here....

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.