Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Is anyone going to the assessment centre in jackton next week? How are you feeling about it?

  2. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Is anyone going to the assessment centre in jackton next week? How are you feeling about it?

  3. Olliej
    Started by Olliej * ,

    First post by a newbie here and saying hello to everyone on these forums. I'm was hoping to join Herts Police as a PCSO. Today I received an email saying that I have failed the pre-employment checks and therefore they have had to withdraw my application. Now here is my background: 2 years ago I was accepted as a PCSO for the Met Police and waiting for a start date to be confirmed. However due to budget cuts, I and many others were unable to be employed as PCSO's and were offered alternative positions including Comms Officers. As my wife already works for the Met in this position and we had a 7 year old child it was not feasible for me to apply. Fast forward 2 years and my…

  4. MB891546082779
    Started by MB891546082779,

    Probably a question that should have been asked at the start rather than the end of the application process, although it would have had no bearing on my application decission... I'm a little confused about the Met's starting salary. The Met's own website states basic starting salary is £22,221 plus £6,615 in allowances which I've seen on here before but I was under the impression that there was to be a £4000 cut. Theres plenty of news articles about it but nothing on the Met website. Did this happen? What is the actual starting salary? Maybe someone on the March intake could enlighten us? Other Questions I have are how much are pension contributions and how much is th…

  5. NHSworrier
    Started by NHSworrier,

    Hi all, I am looking for advice from serving Police Officers if possible. I currently have an application at Med/Vetting stage with Derbyshire, but officers from any Force that could offer input would also be much appreciated. I currently work for the NHS in a specialist role that has a reasonable career progression path up to consultant level, I enjoy it, but I still think there is something missing. Hence my interest and application with the police! If possible could anyone help me with the following questions? -Is there still a back log regarding promotion prospects (In Derbyshire and the UK as a whole) or has this started to ease now? Several Police Officers I h…

  6. ChristopherJ
    Started by ChristopherJ,

    Hello, After passing my SET test, I am now in a position to sell them on. Absolutely pristine, bought from new and I have had them for around 12 days! PM me if you are interested Chris

  7. kieran96lfc
    Started by kieran96lfc,

    I've looked for ages on the internet so I'm wondering if you have to go into the local station and ask for one. Any help?

    • 0 replies
    • 444 views
  8. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    hi folks! i've just recently passed my first interview and now have my assessment day next tuesday, the 29th of july, does any anyone have any tips they could give me? they said if i get in i could be actually looking at an august intake, which is pretty quick! thanks!

  9. scott1877
    Started by scott1877,

    Hi All, I'm due to start with Police Scotland a week on Monday. Myself and the mrs are also going through a house move at the moment and the mortgage companies are looking for contracts to prove income/job etc. I spoke to recruitment this morning who say that the offer letter should be acceptable as we don't get contracts as such, which I was aware of. I just wondered if anyone else had been in a similar situation and what their outcome was? Cheers, S

  10. Thunder1985
    Started by Thunder1985 * ,

    Have my set test and initial fitness test coming up this week. Bought the set test study books online and been out running most days in preperation however still a little nervous but also excited. Any tips?

  11. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

    So - was just wondering how the first batch of MOD Police NEOFS are finding their first few weeks at AWE. Good move or too boring?

    kennyross1078
  12. LLB2014
    Started by LLB2014,

    Hi, Apologies if this is already being discussed elsewhere.. I'm starting with the Met at end of July and just wondered if any recent new starters could shed some light on what happens in the first few weeks of training and how they are finding it? Thanks

  13. noel1546620730
    Started by noel1546620730,

    Training/PDU

  14. Kerrym127
    Started by Kerrym127,

    I am wondering if anyone on here has attended the assessment centre stage at Jackton for Police Scotland. What does the day involve?

  15. Ronymcd
    Started by Ronymcd,

    Hello guys, quick question, im trying to get in the MET as a PC, I'm five weeks in since my day 2, I passed all so far, I have received no response until two days ago. It was an email stating, "Were processing ur application, ‪U were considered to start training June/July slot, Can u reply to the email and state ur name, DOB, month u can start training, and a choose one of four options as to way I couldn't start in these slots, " Eg. A) no Ckp, b) holiday booked etc I responded that I could start ASAP. They wanted a response before today, Can I take this as a positive or am I getting my hopes up, has anyone trying to get in the MET as a PC had this email, h…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.