Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Andy10
    Started by Andy10,

    Hey everyone. Just completed my day one today, quite an intense day! Just got back to Manchester from London and have started the vetting forms. The Rv Vetting Form, do we have to print it off, sign it, then scan it, then email it back with the CTC? I'm getting quite stressed with working out how I can fit in scanning it all as I go on holiday Friday. Also getting worried about when it is all scanned, how I put the pages into one document. Getting quite stressed as you can probably tell as it has to be done tomorrow because I fly out Friday morning. A people have said they sent it in without signing it as they don't have scanning facilities or access. Should I risk thi…

  2. constabletg6
    Started by constabletg6,

    hi again, I was wondering how do they check your residency criteria? do they work with the home office to find out how long you've been in the country/you've been abroad, or do you have to give proofs of residency and when you have left the country?

  3. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hi all, Very premature but does anyone know if Hendon shuts down over Christmas? I know we can't have any holiday during training but I'd like to visit my dad in the Middle East for Christmas and need to start thinking about flights. Thanks :)

    Stephanie Convery
  4. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Evening all, How is everyone getting on with their CKP studies? I've got myself into a blind panic over the past few days about it... On my day 2 I confidently stated I would sit my exam by the end of July. Due to huge day job pressures and a few personal up and downs I am hugely behind, having only just submitted my first assignment. I'm getting myself a bit worked up about it - the fact I haven't studied for anything in more than 15 years doesn't help. Is it just me? Am I just totally thick and not cut out for the job? I wish I could sack my job in and concentrate on getting this done but rent needs to be paid.

  5. constabletg6
    Started by constabletg6,

    Can I apply with two or more police forces at the same time for the role of police constable, go ahead with the recruitment process with both and eventually decide with which to work for if successful with any?

  6. TrickyTree
    Started by TrickyTree * ,

    Hi, I have read the forum for a while but have now decided to post. I have been given a start date for Kent in September 2014, is anyone else starting then? Has anyone got any advice between now and then?

  7. JVet
    Started by JVet,

    Seeing as there's a few of us with offers for July now, I thought I'd start the obligatory topic.

    Stephanie Convery
  8. ChrisS
    Started by ChrisS,

    I am currently looking to transfer to the Met after 4 years service with another force but it's hard to understand from the website whether they are currently recruiting for tranferees. Anybody know? I've emailed them with no reply and the girl on the phone didn't know either. Thanks

  9. Cate1546082765
    Started by Cate1546082765,

    Hi, I'm just wondering if there is anyone else out there currently going through the recruitment process for Sussex? How are you finding it? Have you received a date for the assessment centre yet?

    Cate1546082765
  10. TrickyTree
    Started by TrickyTree * ,

    Hi, I have been given a start date for Kent in September 2014. I just wondered if anyone else is starting then? Has anyone got any advice between now and then? Thanks.

    smudger11546082745
  11. junior_7178
    Started by junior_7178,

    I'm mulling over who to put my application in for. At the moment if I am correct, Cheshire, Kent, MDP and the Met are all recruiting. I have the application form in front of me for MDP, although I want Aldermaston so although I can apply now, the intake will not be until next year. I'm also ex-RAF and hope this might go down better with them than any of the others. Kent is an online application and there is no mention of CKP, plus they appeal to me as I am from Brighton (currently living in London) so the relocation wouldn't be so huge. MPS have the CKP requirement plus I heard they are only recruiting London residents soon (I've only been in London a year). Cheshire…

  12. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Anyone in the august intake? They said id be in this intake if i pass the assessment day

  13. D19SMA
    Started by D19SMA,

    Hello all, as there have been threads for both June and August i thought i would take the time to get one started for the July intake. Got my Final Fitness and SMT on the 2nd of July. Anyone else on the same boat?

  14. junior_7178
    Started by junior_7178,

    I'm mulling over who to put my application in for. At the moment if I am correct, Cheshire, Kent, MDP and the Met are all recruiting. I have the application form in front of me for MDP, although I want Aldermaston so although I can apply now, the intake will not be until next year. I'm also ex-RAF and hope this might go down better with them than any of the others. Kent is an online application and there is no mention of CKP, plus they appeal to me as I am from Brighton (currently living in London) so the relocation wouldn't be so huge. MPS have the CKP requirement plus I heard they are only recruiting London residents soon (I've only been in London a year). Cheshire…

  15. Super Screw
    Started by Super Screw * ,

    Hi there, I was wondering if you guys and gals might be able to help me?? I have just handed my application in to the MDP and I'm awaiting the outcome. However I'm very concerned about a juvenile reprimand for common assault when I was 17. I'm now 27 years old and Have been working as a prison officer for the past 5 years, will this mean I will automatically be rejected, I did ask recruitment but got the very helpful line of "each individual case will be looked at" they did however day that I should definantly apply. I'm just worried I will fall at the first hurdle for a 1 off mistake I made over 10 years ago.

    Super Screw *

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.