Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. police officer
    Started by police officer,

    Hello guys I want to ask about day1 and pre workshop. Is it really helpful to do pre workshop?

    • 1 reply
    • 615 views
    police officer
  2. 170289K
    Started by 170289K * ,

    Hey everyone, Apologies for starting a new topic if it was unnecessary but couldn't find the information anywhere. After a long drawn out process (Days 1 and 2 back in January!) I've finally cleared the recruitment process and am just waiting for an offer, hopefully for July (however I did get an email this morning telling me I could get onto the June 30th course due to spaces becoming available, but I digress). I have details for a number of key worker living accommodation sites in London, however I was hoping someone would be able to provide me with the details for the section houses as I simply cannot find them anywhere. If you could either reply or PM me if you kn…

  3. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Has anyone been told that they are joining in september?

  4. batman17
    Started by batman17,

    Hi! I had my day 2 yesterday for the Met and passed all the bits that needed passing. The only thing is that due to an eye operation earlier on in the year I've been put on medical hold until the final check up with the hospital next week and the hospital officially discharging me from their care. I just wondered, will they start the vetting even though I'm on medical hold or will they wait for the all clear before they begin the vetting process? Thanks in advance!

  5. scott1877
    Started by scott1877,

    Afternoon, Anyone else on here heading to Tuliallan for the August intake? I've passed everything so far, bar my final fitness, and was due to go on the June intake but my work insisted on my full months notice. Currently awaiting final fitness and drugs test date (likely to be early July) and was told to wait until the June intake had started before I called to set up uniform fitting date. I see from other topics that you receive your posting a week or so before heading to Tuliallan, and that my local division (U) Ayrshire is not likely to be taking on any probationers, so will probably be posted through to Glasgow/Lanarkshire I'm guessing (we have a mortgage so hopin…

  6. Db23
    Started by Db23 * ,

    Hi all, I am finishing up at Tulli in the next few weeks and am relocating to Aberdeenshire from Edinburgh. With the lack of rentals in the area, my girlfriend and I decided to invest and so have bought a two bedroom flat in Peterhead..... I know a few folk have also been posted this way, so if anyone is looking for a room to rent let then let me know and I will send you more details and photos. As I've said, I am also still at the college if you want to have a chat. A wee bit of info: Peterhead is fairly central - 45 min to Aberdeen City, 25 min to Fraserburgh and other surrounding areas so commute is definitely doable (I'm actually stationed in Fraserburgh.....). …

  7. oodlydoodly
    Started by oodlydoodly,

    Hi all I am helping my partner fill out his recruitment vetting form and there is a question that asks whether he has: "Defaulted on any loan / mortgage / hire purchase agreement?" I presume the above items wouldn't cover where you are 1 or 2 days late in making a payment on a store card because a store card is not a loan, mortgage or hire purchase agreement? Has anyone ever been rejected because of financial issues and if so what have these issues been? Just wondering if there are any hidden traps in the financial section of the form. Also, there is also a question about whether he has: "Had a loan arrangement refused or terminated?" Presumably this would cover w…

  8. NHSworrier
    Started by NHSworrier,

    Hi all, I am looking for advice from serving Police Officers if possible. I currently have an application at Med/Vetting stage with Derbyshire, but officers from any Force that could offer input would also be much appreciated. I currently work for the NHS in a specialist role that has a reasonable career progression path up to consultant level, I enjoy it, but I still think there is something missing. Hence my interest and application with the police! If possible could anyone help me with the following questions? -Is there still a back log regarding promotion prospects (In Derbyshire and the UK as a whole) or has this started to ease now? Several Polic…

  9. jb09
    Started by jb09,

    Hi - Just wondering if anyone has a phone number for HR, I've sent them an email but got nothing back If someone could post it on here or Message me direct, it would be appreciated I've been waiting over 7 weeks since completing my Day 2 but haven't heard anything - are others in a similar position or is it just me?

  10. jb09
    Started by jb09,

    Hi - Just wondering if anyone has a phone number for HR, I've sent them an email but got nothing back. I've been waiting over 7 weeks since completing my Day 2 but haven't heard anything - are others in a similar position or is it just me?

  11. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Is anyone starting at tulliallan end of this month or next month? And if so have you been told what division you'll be posted to?

  12. Pegasus0
    Started by Pegasus0,

    Hi Guys, Looking for some help for parking close to the Heathrow venue for OST with the Met. I have mine on Monday and no one seems to know anything about any nearby free parking as we can't park at the venue. Any help appreciated! Cheers.

  13. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    is anyone going to jackton next week for their assessment day? how are you feeling about it?

    Protect_and_serve
  14. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Can anyone offer me an insight in to what to expect from a final interview? Is it similar to the interview at the assessment centre where you are asked questions in relation to the core competencies or are the questions more geared towards interrogating your motivations for applying to the police service or that force in particular.

  15. LLB2014
    Started by LLB2014,

    Hi, got my CKP exam at heathrow 30th May and wondering if anyone else on here is booked on? (I'm with police pass / blue light) would be good to meet some fellow recruits! Im travelling from Manchester and currently trying to figure out what's best travel wise?!

    Stephanie Convery

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.