Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Pinkdolphin222
    Started by Pinkdolphin222,

    Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum so big hello :) I just have a question, I have my assessment day on sunday and i'm a bit stuck on what to wear? Should I wear normal interview clothes or something else? Thanks in advance! Laura

  2. Nitrx1546621222
    Started by Nitrx1546621222,

    Hello all, Firstly I'd like to appologise as I know this has been mentioned in various other posts, but for the life of me I can't now find them. Therefore I wanted to start this disucssion for an offical thread to assist others like me! I've finally (and thankfully) been handed a start date for the MET however I'd like to postpone this date. What is the best way to go about this? Do I reply to the e-mail, declining the offier, or is it better to phone HR (if so, number please?) Thanks for your feedback.

  3. Jamie-93

    Hi folks, first time poster on here and just looking for a quick bit of advice. I have always had a keen interest in working within the police service. I am due to graduate the summer of 2015 (Finance and Economics). I have been searching around the internet to try and find some information about graduate opportunities within the police service but can't seem to find very much information. I stay just outside Glasgow and so iv checked the police Scotland website, again there doesn't seem to be many specific opportunities regarding graduates. Is this because there are simply no graduate programs or any other jobs specifically designed for graduates ? I have found…

    • 7 replies
    • 856 views
  4. Matty1012
    Started by Matty1012,

    Good Evening, This is my first post on here - have been reading all threads and they are very informative indeed. Basically here is my issue: I applied to Essex Police a few weeks ago to join as a Special. However yesterday they opened recruitment for full time as this is my aim I have also applied. I have emailed the recruitment team stating I would like to withdraw my Special Constable application and that I would like to pursue my PC application. As I haven't actively failed any part of the Special Constable process do you think they will allow this? Any help much appreciated. Best Regards

  5. newbobby99
    Started by newbobby99,

    Hi all, I completed my day 1 assessment 4 weeks ago and still haven't had any results via email or through the post. Phoning the HR number on the met website didn't help (which is probably because it's a HR number and not a recruitment one), but it was the only number I could find - from both trawling the forum and the recruitment website. I have seen another candidate post on this forum that they received their results this week; and their assessment was conducted on the same day as mine. My questions are as follows: Does the fact that someone else from the same assessment day has heard and I haven't imply that I have failed? Could someone please post a suitabl…

  6. emma6564
    Started by emma6564,

    Hi please could anyone give an indication of the time from doing day 1 to how long it is before you have results. I know they say up to 28 days in reality is it longer or less than this? And how do you receive notification? Thanks

  7. Y-G
    Started by Y-G,

    Hi, I recently had my day 2 for the MET. Whilst it all went well, we werent actually told if we had passed or not. We all got told we had passed our fitness but no one actually said you have passed the whole thing. Just to wait 7 weeks and then ring if we havent heard anything. Can anyone shed any light on if we have indeed passed? Everyone else of my day 2 said we have as we would have been told if we had failed something. But i guess im just worrying and like it in black and white. thanks Amy :)

  8. nearlynewcop
    Started by nearlynewcop,

    Hi Guys I've recently had day 2 and am wondering roughly how long it takes on average for vetting and checks before they offer a training contract (Met) . Currently doing the CKP. Further to this, whats the standard training arrangement, is it typically Hendon? for how many weeks? is that continuous right from the start? does anyone know if they have intakes scheduled for November / December / January 2015 Look forward to any replies Thanks very much in advance Nearlynewcop

  9. TheBadge
    Started by TheBadge,

    Hi everyone, I have my assessment day in London for the Met police service coming up. My question is: When a question is asked in the interview for example: "Please provide an example of where you have worked as part of a team to achieve a difficult task" Do I answer back by just covering the 'Working with others' competency or do i answer the question by covering all competencies? I apologise if this question seems silly. Thank you.

    Scott Bman Belton *
  10. Y-G
    Started by Y-G,

    Hi, I recently had my day 2 for the MET. Whilst it all went well, we werent actually told if we had passed or not. We all got told we had passed our fitness but no one actually said you have passed the whole thing. Just to wait 7 weeks and then ring if we havent heard anything. Can anyone shed any light on if we have indeed passed? Everyone else of my day 2 said we have as we would have been told if we had failed something. But i guess im just worrying and like it in black and white. thanks Amy :)

    Stephanie Convery
  11. prim1
    Started by prim1,

    Hi all I have my final local interview for West Mercia Police next month and was hoping for some advice on what they may ask or any other Pearls anyone can offer. Thanks All

  12. robd94

    A little pre-mature to go under General Recruitment but whilst we are all waiting it would be great to know what specialisation you would choose after your probation period (in a perfect world of course) :)

  13. Protect_and_serve
    Started by Protect_and_serve,

    Hey all, have decided to start this to see if anyone on here is to start Tulliallan on the 22nd of September? If you don't want to post on here feel free to PM me. Especially interested to see if anyone has received their paperwork and/or division yet?

    Protect_and_serve
  14. _TECH_
    Started by _TECH_,

    I haven't had any luck from HR on this one so I'll ask here. Are all new 'English' starters 100% going to AWE or is there any scope for alternative probation posting? HR wouldn't fully commit either way to an answer.

  15. tobyf46
    Started by tobyf46,

    I completed my Day 2 on the 4th of August and have heard nothing since and I doubt I will hear anything for the next couple of months after the waiting times some people have been posting! I was just curious to see when people decided to start studying for their CKP? Obviously I don't want to start mine untill I get a confirmed offer that they actually want me but I have no idea when this would be? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.