Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest Jl0
    Started by Guest Jl0,

    Hi looking for the recent time frame from receipt of application to invitation for fitness test (if successful with the sift) also any tips for interviews, question examples and what info should be brushed up on/studied? :) thanks

  2. Hel1copter
    Started by Hel1copter,

    In ( fingers crossed ) anticipation of passing the assessment centre stage for north wales , what am I to expect at the interview stage? I understand that it will be based around team working , service delivery etc . Are the people doing the interviews serving officers or are they just purely there for interviewing ? Also I have heard that when you are being interviewed you sometimes use you're hands when describing something and this process is marked down and negative body language is also marked down? Is it just about the job or will they ask about other topics ,such as southampton's great start to the premier league, how wales will win !! next years rugby World Cup a…

    • 2 replies
    • 557 views
  3. Pinkdolphin222
    Started by Pinkdolphin222,

    Hi, So I found out yesterday I passed my final interview and have been given a conditional offer Just to clarify, does this mean providing I pass my CKP, Medical and Fitness and Vetting I will be given a start date? Also, I'm slightly confused on how the Fitness, Drugs and Biometric tests take 4 hours?! I thought this is because they do your eye and hearing tests on the same day- but I've received another email for me to set a date for the eye and hearing test? Lastly- what are the biometric tests? Thanks in advance :) Laura

  4. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,
  5. mmst
    Started by mmst,

    Obviously you have to be smart but is a suit too much?

  6. Guest Y-G
    Started by Guest Y-G,

    Im looking for some numbers to try and find out where my application is. I completed day 2 almost 7 weeks ago and wanted to chase things up??

  7. Andy Forrest
  8. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi guys, I have received my course material for the ckp from bluelight. Everything seems too confusing and advice or recommendation is appreciated. Reading some forum few people say induction is unnecessary to waste time on. So is that right? Should I go directly to area 1 without studying induction? Any other advises? Thanks

  9. Crown Servant
    Started by Crown Servant,

    Hello all, I've been given my conditional offer for appointment as a Police Officer in the Metropolitan Police Force, due to start on the 26th January 2015. However, the e-mail doesn't answer a lot of my questions so I was hoping some of you chaps on here could enlighten me? Firstly, for the first two days of training I am to go to Hendon, but do I stay there or do I come home each day? Secondly, when I start training at my Regional Learning Centre, am I expected to come home every day or arrange some form of accommodation? Can I choose which shift to do or do we take turns doing each? Thirdly, is there a kit-list? What will I need to take with me to my RLC or is it a…

  10. Jack141546621302
    Started by Jack141546621302 * ,

    Will the Met contact my employer after my Day 1 or after Day 2 for references etc? (I have just been offered a day 2 date) Not sure when to 'break the news'? If someone could help that would be great.

    Stephanie Convery
  11. muz165
    Started by muz165,

    Good afternoon all, I'm trying to find a list of future Met training intakes. I'm now waiting on my day 2 pass and assuming I pass I want an idea of when i'll be in training. I was told I was being fast-tracked for the May 14 intake however, as I am military it will be 8-12 months before I'm out and able to attend Met Police Training. So as I say, what I'm looking for is a list of future training intakes for the Met, looking at around May 2015 realistically. Thanks for the help!

  12. Andy10
    Started by Andy10,

    Hi all. Is there anyone on here that has recently completed the distance learning version of this course? I'm a bit bewildered at the moment as the introduction that isn't part of the modules has around 8-10 pdf of 100 pages each?! How does it work with the reading are they a form of revision linked to the assignments and mini questionaires or are they simply just reading. Getting stressed as i've got to to find time to do this and finish a 20,000 word dissertation for my masters. Any advice would be welcome :) Thanks.

  13. InTheMet
    Started by InTheMet,

    Due to hearing not up to scratch, I've been put on medical hold i been advised to see a ENT surgeon then go back up to the Empress state building for a retest in the hearing, has anyone else experienced this problem or had similar circumstances? Does it just mean if worse comes to worse i will be limited to job roles, for instance firearms and dog handling i would not be medically fit for, is that right?

  14. jameomonkey
  15. Super Ted1546621273
    Started by Super Ted1546621273,

    Does anyone have a list of the required NCALT modules for the CKP? I've already got access so I was hoping to make a head start on those ones before my access is updated. Cheers!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.