Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Guest Guest
    Started by Guest Guest,

    My eye sight is 6/10... What does this mean??! Will I pass? Thank you

    • 0 replies
    • 389 views
  2. ZBS

    There’s a lot of content on this site about the MDP but I can’t find the information I’m looking for so here goes: I would like to hear from anyone who has recently completed their training in Essex and started the actual job. Can you give info on the following: At present it looks like those who are successful in completing their training at Essex will be serving their probation in Scotland. For those in this position how easy was it finding accommodation and what standard is it in general. What are the average rents being paid? What are you left with at the end of the month when you have paid-out your rent and day-to-day living costs etc? Did you receive any help …

  3. jimbob86
    Started by jimbob86 * ,

    Hey Guys, I have my assessment centre on Tuesday at 08.15 at Jackton, Does anyone know what time roughly I will be finished. And any tips for the assessment centre, any you guys recently completed this day?

  4. jimbob86
    Started by jimbob86 * ,

    Hi Guys.... I have my assessment day and final interview next tuesday any of you guys help out with what they ask you in 2nd interview is it the same as the 1st? And also I got my medical form to fill out for my gp and optical report already done this incase I get through. Can anyone tell me what they test at your medical?

  5. Chief Cheetah
    Started by Chief Cheetah,
  6. Pinkdolphin222
    Started by Pinkdolphin222,

    Hi Everyone, So I've had my conditional offer for Cheshire, and my fitness and medical this week and passed both of them :) I'm so pleased! I'm just wondering, what happens next? Both family friends who I put down as personal references have been contacted and they have both sent back the reference forms this week. I also finish my CKP on the 14th December- do I have to wait until I have had confirmation that I have passed that before I get a start date? or is there more checks I need to do? thanks!

  7. keyturn87
    Started by keyturn87,

    Hi there I was wondering if anyone else has got their assessment centre on the 24/25th of November??

  8. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hey all - anyone else got their offer for October? Would be good to put some faces to usernames on the day :)

  9. Jack141546621302
    Started by Jack141546621302 * ,

    Hope someone can help. I have just received my results from the Met and they have invited me to attend Day 2. Due to something personal that has come up, is it possible to transfer my results (if i wanted/had to) to another force recruitment (when/if they open) If someone could provide some light on this that would be very much appreciated. Is it possible? and at which which stage would I transfer my results? Thanks

    Super Ted1546621273
  10. Super Ted1546621273
    Started by Super Ted1546621273,

    I am so confused. According to the recruitment line, my status is "Management Review" which I understand (from been on here and by the recruitment team) that I am just waiting for an offer. Thing is, I only did my Day Two last week (although I did my Day One back in March) and my references haven't been contacted. Does anyone know if they do vetting before Day Two and do they actually give you an offer prior to getting your references? I don't want to get my hopes up unnecessarily!

  11. Mel JJ
    Started by Mel JJ,

    Hello I have just passed the on-line assessments and have been invited to 1st assessment day. I haven't done my CKP Yet, when would i need to do this by? Thanks Mel

  12. Super Ted1546621273
    Started by Super Ted1546621273,

    I've got my Day Two lined up for a few weeks time and I wonder (for the sake of booking train tickets) how long the day lasts? I start at 8am? Any help is appreciated!

  13. Super Ted1546621273
    Started by Super Ted1546621273,

    Hi all, I wonder if any of you know who provides the quickest to obtain CKP? I know each one differs but any help is appreciated.

  14. neuroz
    Started by neuroz,

    Hi all It looks likely I will be starting with The Met in November, fingers X-ed of course. I currently live in Bristol and from the three options offered I want to aim for Areas 3,4 & 7. I have an aunt in Ealing and know the area fairly well, but greatly desire Hammersmith & Fulham (ish) areas for beat. Questions listed for ease: 1. Key worker accommodation, is it swift to set up for a new constable, viable (ok for a serving officer, away from trouble spots etc)? 2. Are there section houses (right term??) in Fulham, Ealing, Hammersmith? 3. Are there key worker homes in these areas? Google doesn't help much, I just get a decade old website. 4. Will by…

  15. Dietrich
    Started by Dietrich * ,

    Hi all, new to this but here goes. I'm wanting out of the job!! Spent eight years on response and NPT, and finding the new Windsor stuff have raped the job of nearly everything that made it great. I'm not even in the pension anymore as I'm scrimping and saving, trying to get a mortgage for a property worth in the region of around £70,000, (you can only imagine the sort of properties I've seen for this price). The long and the short of it is I need to get out. I do have a degree, previous military experience (reserve based, but not actually completed basic due to shift problems) and have completed a 'study at home' course at St. Andrews course in Terrorism Studies as well…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.