Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Y-G
    Started by Y-G,

    Hiya, Just wondering if anyone can shed any light on when is a good time to tell your current employer about applying. I have my day 2 next week and I’m conscious that I have to give my current employer as a reference on the forms. I'm not sure when is the best time to tell them about me applying... after my day 2 or wait a while? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :)

  2. InTheMet
    Started by InTheMet,

    Ok guys, so i have abit of a predicament, back in July i had my day 2 by then i passed my CKP already, 3 weeks ago i phoned HR and they said my file is "still in research" last week i phoned them and they had told me the same, so this time i asked if they could explain what this meant, it means that all vetting is checked & cleared internally but externally their still waiting confirmation from "Security Services" for them to give me a conditional offer, now i am slightly concerned for more than one reason, all the candidates that were on my day 2 have all received conditional offers and i been following this forum on a day to day basis & i seen that the Oct intak…

  3. callum_sp
    Started by callum_sp,

    Hi, anyone started training for DDO? I passed day 2 early July. I'm going for PC but wondering if anyone did start as I know a woman who is still waiting. Thanks in advance.

  4. narquatic
    Started by narquatic,

    Hi guys, I'm just about to decide on which ckp course to do but there's so many and confusing. If you guys can help me I would appreciate,I passed all stages and ckp is the only thing left to do. I want a course where I can work with my own pace, I checked university of Cumbria course but that one takes 3 months to complete. I want a course where I can do it quick as I want. Thanks

  5. Callsign
    Started by Callsign,

    Hi guys, I am mid way through my training and i am off to CW. More so I have just received news that i am going out to Belgravia. Can anyone spread some knowledge as to what it is like to police this particular area? I have heard mixed reviews from people about it so I was just wondering if anyone could spread a little more light on the sort of things I will be doing there when I finally make it out to Borough! Cheers!

  6. greenwood88
    Started by greenwood88 * ,

    My assessment score of 60% is still valid until November, To apply for Cheshire do I need to resubmit an application form or just contact their recruitment team, I am being told different information from different people. Any help would be great! Thanks!

  7. clubs1975
    Started by clubs1975,

    Hi there I am considering joining Cambridgeshire Constabulary next year as a PC when I leave the RAF after 22 years service. If I join at age 40 would I be able to serve for long enough to be entitled to a police pension? If I am assigned to a police station say 30 miles from my home address are there motor mileage allowances that would help me out? I need to weigh up the economical aspects to joining the police as it will be a pay cut. Many thanks.

    Cosmo Smallpiece
  8. Greig Millar
    Started by Greig Millar * ,

    Interested in finding out how many on this site will be on the September 8th intake at SPC?

  9. Ant150499
    Started by Ant150499,

    I have recently failed my assessment centre for lancs ? my score overall was Overall 53% Working with Others 57% Oral Communication 100% Written Communication 33% Automatic Fail (D grade in Working with Others) No Does anyone have any ideas who will be recruiting next year or is it to early to tell yet ?

  10. James Railton
    Started by James Railton * ,

    I am just about to fill out an application for the MOD police. On the application it says it must be printed and handwritten in black ink. It does not say if it needs to be upper or lower case. What have others done when applying to the MOD? Sorry if it's bit of a daft question.

    James Railton *
  11. Ellie.Crawley
    Started by Ellie.Crawley,

    Hello, Am due to start my two days at Hendon at the end of october so started to look into the possibilities of where to stay while there. I wondered if there was anywhere close by that was reasonably cheap to stay for a night? What did others do? Thanks in advance :)

  12. zuegma
    Started by zuegma,

    Hi all, I was wondering if I could get some advice here. I have my day 2 fitness test & medical next Tuesday with the Met Police. I have the forms I need to bring with me, but they ask for 2 personal references from someone who is in a 'professional' job. I have managed to get one reference from a teacher I know, but am having difficulty getting a second professional personal reference. I have tried emailing the HR & recruitment team about this but have not had any response from them. Does anyone know whether they would accept a personal reference from a non professional or is it a absolute that they both have to be professional references. I would be gratefu…

  13. BravoWhiskey
    Started by BravoWhiskey,

    Hi, has anyone had any experience with the CKP at Lambeth College in Clapham? I was planning to do it with bluelight consultancy, but where I am 18, I am not able to get any kind of funding, and I can't afford to just pay £800. Looking at Lambeth College because I am able to get the course fees free because I'm 18, is this too good to be true? Or are they just as good as any other college? Thanks Ben

  14. InTheMet
    Started by InTheMet,

    Hi Guys, i have a few questions that i need answering, i have my day 2 next week and im pretty confident i will pass, along with all the checks and that, my concern is I'm relocating from Bristol area and need to apply for section housing as i been reading on these forums there's a high demand for them, can anyway assist me and put me in the right direction? Also with section housing where's the best borough to choose as the primary choice as i have no knowledge of London so if some one could help me that would be great and in regards to section housing what do you need to bring clothes ect and is there parking facilities? i was reading that the home office have stop…

  15. Chrisayyy
    Started by Chrisayyy,

    I have my Day 2 coming up in a few weeks and I was just wondering if they test for colorblindess? I am not colorblind but I do have a slight color deficiency which doesn't affect me in everyday life at all it's just some of those circles with numbers on that I can't see. I know it won't stop me from becoming a PC but will it delay anything on the day or during my application?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.