Regulars
12937 topics in this forum
-
Cheshire Constabulary’s Transferee Recruitment window is currently open! Are you a Detective Constable working for a Home Office Police Force? Considering a change of scenery and eagerly anticipating new challenges? We are specifically looking for PIP level 2 qualified Constables at the rank of Detective (however still accepting applications from Police Constable) to join Cheshire Constabulary! Cheshire is one of the United Kingdom's most significant historical counties and boasts some of England's finest stately homes. Cheshire is an extremely desirable county to live and work, with beautiful countryside and really spirited towns all within minutes of each other. …
-
- 1 reply
- 1.6k views
- 2 followers
-
-
I was wondering if there is any hand to hand combat / self defense training included in the met training.
-
- 4 replies
- 703 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hello, I have just signed up with police pass and am starting with area 4 as they do not have many exam dates left before my start date. People who have completed the area 4 exam, would you be able to shed some light on areas that are most important? I am feeling very under prepared!!
-
- 2 replies
- 648 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi Guys, I have passed my day 1 for the Met, I have day 2 next week. I have been a special for 2 years and I haven't actually done my CKP, this hasn't been mentioned either. When I applied because I am a special I was exempt from doing CKP. So now I am very confused if CKP will be completed in the Met training or if I need to fund it myself? Surely HR/Recruitment would of said something? Please Help! Emily.
-
- 6 replies
- 639 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi everyone, first time poster - forgive me if I posted in the wrong forums. I got a letter this week stating a Refusal of Vetting. There was no reason given - only that it was for "security and confidentiality" that they cannot state a clear reason. I applied this year for the Graduate Scheme. I passed everything with flying colours, got my start date and I am close to finishing my CKP (two weeks). I am in good financial standings, clean record and I have been very professional in all dealings. I appealed on the day, my reasoning being I honestly have no idea what I had done or why the reasoning was, I have been honest with the Metropolitian and that if there was any …
-
-
- 35 replies
- 5.6k views
- 4 followers
-
-
Received a call from recruitment yesterday and will start as PCSO as of 6 October! CAN'T WAIT!
-
-
- 4 replies
- 864 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi guys does any one know of any good sites to help with spelling and grammar as I am looking to start practicing and to get better for next time I apply ?
-
- 3 replies
- 486 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi guys I'm just planning to do my ckp course but as far as I researched all the courses differ from each other. Can anyone recommend which would be easiest to complete? I hear bluelight publishing alot. Thanks
-
-
- 7 replies
- 628 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi folks, I'm due to go down to Wethersfield for my transferee assessment (Currently serving with Police Scotland/legacy Strathclyde). Just wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to what actually happens on the day as details are pretty vague i.e interview and fitness test which should take around 3 hours. Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
-
- 4 replies
- 809 views
- 5 followers
-
-
Hi, Whilst applying for the civilian police, have I got to be in the progress of signing off from the Army? Or can I sign off after being accepted by the police service I have applied for ? If anyone has been in this situation or know any info on this, it would be great if you could share your knowledge/ experience relating to this topic. Cheers
-
-
- 3 replies
- 522 views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, any one here attending the fitness / interview day at HQ next month? Feel free to PM me, cheers.
-
- 1 reply
- 483 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey guys, I know some of you have done the BlueLight e-learning course. I am just wondering how you all found the online exam and the module 5 exam, was it hard? Any of you got any advice? I am slightly worried considering there's like eight 50 page documents to read for each module. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
-
- 0 replies
- 411 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hey all - just looking over my training timetable and have noticed that the last week of coached patrol module 1 falls on the week before Christmas. Its tells me on Friday 19th ''Remain on borough over Christmas period''. I have no problems working Christmas/ NYE etc (before that kicks off) - but the timetable is blank until the 5th January. Can anyone explain what will happen during this period? Anyone have theirs fall around the same time? Much appriciated!
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Cheshire Constabulary’s Transferee Recruitment window is currently open! Are you a Detective Constable working for a Home Office Police Force? Considering a change of scenery and eagerly anticipating new challenges? We are specifically looking for PIP level 2 qualified Constables at the rank of Detective (however still accepting applications from Police Constable) to join Cheshire Constabulary. Cheshire Constabulary is an equal opportunities employer and is actively seeking to have a workforce representative of the communities that we police and serve. We promote positive action and offer support and mentoring to all staff and potential applicants and candidates from…
-
- 0 replies
- 1.1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi, I've been in the job for a year now and due to personal reasons, I'm quite far behind. Can anyone recommend anything from books/dvds/tried and tested methods to get me up to speed? I am very aware that all the rest of my intake are much further ahead than me and it's not a nice feeling! Any advice/recommendations would be massively appreciated. Thanks!
-
- 1 reply
- 1.1k views
- 2 followers
-