Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Parnham911546621079
    Started by Parnham911546621079,

    Hi Guys, I found out last week I had passed my day 1, I have my day 2 on the 28th. How long on average has it taken before you get training dates given? I was also wondering accommodation wise if section houses were still in use in London? Thanks, Emily.

  2. C93lr
    Started by C93lr,

    Hey guys, The heading for this post was supposed to say 30th August! I'm a numpty - I'm Travelling up to London on the 29th ha... There's an exam on the 29th though - anyone sitting that day?! Would be nice to share some revision tips!! Or anyone who has sat this exam, how did you find it?

  3. Colinascott
    Started by Colinascott * ,

    Newbie post here. Starting with the met next week and will be at sidcup for training. Do any of you fine experienced individuals happen to know what shower/ changing/ locker facilities are available at Marlowe House? I'm looking to cycle there and would love to know if this is practical or not. Thanks in advance, Colin

  4. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hi all - is everyone having / had their hep b injections before starting training? My GP won't do them unless I'm going travelling, even if I pay, which is pretty annoying so wondering if it's best to wait?

  5. InTheMet
    Started by InTheMet,

    Has anyone got experience of these two section houses, I would like to know more about Paddington Green as i only hear people talk about Gilmour, i just wonder whats the better one to go for, if people could share their thoughts and opinions, I'd be must grateful

  6. Cresswell-Nash31
    Started by Cresswell-Nash31,

    Hi, I wonder if anybody can offer me assistance with the above programme I have been working my way through the modules and knowlege checks without any issue. However, the KAD document is a different matter has anybody recently completed the distance learning package with KBR able to offer any advice. I have seen other topics on this but the information and advice has been sent via a pm and not via the forum. I understand the distance learning package is not ideal but I have no choice as I currently work shifts and cannot commit to certain days or weekends. Thanks for reading!! Phil

  7. nabnab
    Started by nabnab,

    Anybody apply in the latest recruitment drive?

  8. AJPD
    Started by AJPD * ,

    Hi all just after some advice really. Recently had my final interview with North Wales and was unsuccessful. However when i asked where i went wrong e.g the interview or the welsh test i was informed i would not be receiving any feedback as it was not North Wales Police policy to do so. I am pretty gutted about the result but have to accept it and move on. However i just really want to find out how i can improve for next time... Do you think an email to the head of HR or even Chief Con might get me anywhere? Thanks

  9. fozzyfc
    Started by fozzyfc,

    Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me out.... I've got an interview and presentation with Cambridgeshire in just over a week, this is happening before the assessment centre, I don't get the topic of the presentation till the day and only get a few minutes to prepare! If anyone's got any tips on the sort of questions I'll get asked so I can prepare or on possible presentation topics I would be very grateful! Cheers

  10. sootyc1
    Started by sootyc1,

    Hello folks! Just received my final offer yesterday and im heading to tulliallan on the 25th of august, anyone here on the same boat as me?

  11. Stubbsy
    Started by Stubbsy,

    So folks I have noticed the variety of CKP courses available out there, so I was wondering who has done which ones and what the pass mark is .... As I have seemed to have picked the hardest one of the lot and currently looking to change it

  12. Pretty_snail
    Started by Pretty_snail,

    Is anyone else going to the candidate briefing in aberdeen?

  13. IHaveFailedMyVetting
    Started by IHaveFailedMyVetting * ,

    Firstly - apologies if this isn't in the right forum or this has been answered in a sticky. I have looked, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. There are a few things I'm hoping someone who's been through this process or knows more about it than myself could clear up. I've been rejected by vetting, obviously. However, vetting have not told me why, and since I only have 21 days (actually, I only have 15 days due to delayed mail) to appeal, I don't think I can find out quite why I failed, construct a reply and have them receive it within the next two weeks. My letter simply says: "Due to considerations of security and confidentiality, we are unable to disclose…

    • 1 reply
    • 898 views
  14. Mersey_Special
    Started by Mersey_Special,

    Hi all, Sorry if this has been done before but I was hoping people could post their recruitment timeline in the following format to give those of us who are going through recruitment an idea. Cheers Date completed initial suitability assessment-DD/MM/YY Date completed online pre application assessments- DD/MM/YY Date notified successful at Online assessments-DD/MM/YY Date sent application link- DD/MM/YY Date completed application- DD/MM/YY Date notified application successful and offered day 1-DD/MM/YY Date completed day 1-DD/MM/YY Date notified successful at day 1 and invite to day 2-DD/MM/YY Date attended day 2-DD/MM/YY Date offered start date- DD/MM/YY Dat…

    Mersey_Special
  15. w9a9k9
    Started by w9a9k9,

    Hi everyone. Some advice I'm looking for regarding a family member who I have to declare on my vetting form. My question is under the rehabilitation of offenders act would any conviction they have had be "Spent" after 5 years thus allowing me to be CLEARED the vetting process. Furthermore if this third party had a custodial sentence would it be classed as "Spent" after 5 years. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.