Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. SammyB

    I'm not asking anyone to tell me the interview questions asked at the AC verbatim, however can anyone tell me if the assessors advise you of the core competency that the question they ask relates to. EG - Service Delivery, Serving the Public, Professionalism, Working with Others.

  2. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Evening all, How is everyone getting on with their CKP studies? I've got myself into a blind panic over the past few days about it... On my day 2 I confidently stated I would sit my exam by the end of July. Due to huge day job pressures and a few personal up and downs I am hugely behind, having only just submitted my first assignment. I'm getting myself a bit worked up about it - the fact I haven't studied for anything in more than 15 years doesn't help. Is it just me? Am I just totally thick and not cut out for the job? I wish I could sack my job in and concentrate on getting this done but rent needs to be paid.

    Stephanie Convery
  3. Lincs_cop
    Started by Lincs_cop,

    Hello Is anybody on here due to start with Lincs Police on the 21st July Reg PC intake. Thanks crazee12

  4. shake0807
    Started by shake0807,

    Hi I am wondering if anyone else is in the same position I have been on medical hold for 4 months passed everything else and for last 3months they are raising funds for me to see a specialist apparently processes have changed with finance so no one can tell me when I will see a specialist. I was wondering if anyone else has been on medical hold and how long it took to see a specialist and for the hold to be lifted?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  5. KyleAW
    Started by KyleAW,

    I am currently at the end point of Police Scotland's recruitment. I now await a medical, substance testing and vetting. However, I have previously served in the Royal Navy and my discharge paper is very strongly worded stating: I failed to meet the levels of discipline, maturity and respect for authority. The above being said, I was not discharged for any disciplinary matters that would be deemed, in my own opinion unacceptable for another disciplined service. It also states that the discharge was purely administrative and also it was, indeed an honourable discharge. I welcome anyone who could offer their expiernce or expertise in this as it is quite worrying as I…

  6. Clayton33
    Started by Clayton33,

    Hi, I realise offers haven't been sent out yet but anyone expecting to start in june? I (hopefully) will be, was due to start in may but had to delay due to my notice period. Will be staying at Gilmour section house, anyone else there?

  7. fulham1234
    Started by fulham1234,

    Hello all if any of this has been covered I apologise. I was wondering for new constables what benefits are avaliable apart from section houses is there any thing regarding housing options open to new constables. And also I understand during training I will have to pay for all my travel but once I start is there any help at all avaliable I'm leaving a job where I get free overground travel as I am with Btp as a pcso and going to the met paying for overground is going to be tough. Thanks for any help in advance. Kind regards

  8. turtletom
    Started by turtletom,

    Hi, Can anyone help me out please. Struggling to get my head around some disposals (what they mean and when they can be offered etc) Also what is the difference between youth disposals and adult disposals. Is a youth classed as 17 and under? Thanks

    Reasonable Man +
  9. lynchk
    Started by lynchk,

    Just got an email saying I'm starting on June 16th. Just the fitness test to go. Anyone else in the same boat?

    Soap1546620844
  10. AgentCrayon
    Started by AgentCrayon,

    Hello, I will be starting my training to be a Police Officer next month and was wondering where I stand on using a bright highlighter (pink or green) in my PNB and on Statements. I struggle reading in block text and it would really help me if I can highlight important things. Anyone know? Thanks

  11. GilbrookMD
    Started by GilbrookMD,

    Hello all, this is my first time on something like this so not sure if I am putting this in the right place. For those who recieved their online Apollo assessment results on the 17th June. Have you guys heard anything back and been sent the online application form to complete yet? Thanks!

  12. Toby88
    Started by Toby88,

    Hi everyone, have my assessment day on the 24th of June and looking for some advice. I've been studying hard, similar preparation as my initial interview but looking to see if I'm missing anything out. I've been studying the police scotland structure, priorities and Competencies. Going over examples of the Competencies and trying to answer using the STAR method. Spoke to probationers and serving officers before the initial interview but should I try speak to more for assessment centre? I know the people who have done the assessment centre can't go into much detail but any help would be great. Don't want to miss anything out! Thanks in advance.

  13. martyj
    Started by martyj,

    Hi guys, has anyone undertaken the ckp course with cumbria university ? Im about to start mine, anyone give me any info on how they found it and how they found the distant learning ? Cheers All !!

    trickyd1991 +
  14. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Out of curiosity more than anything, what are the highest % scores people have achieved at the assessment centre? Personally the highest I have known someone to get is 70%.

    meatbinbanquet
  15. SammyB
    Started by SammyB,

    Out of curiosity more than anything, what are the highest % scores people have achieved at the assessment centre? Personally the highest I have known someone to get is 70%.

    • 0 replies
    • 224 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.