Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Toby88
    Started by Toby88,

    Glad to see most people in the latter stages of the recruitment process so I thought I'd post my experiences so far in the early stages. I applied mid march and received email to attend initial fitness 7 weeks later. Spoke to few people while waiting and seems we applied around the same time. Out of 15 at the test, 9 were doing SETs. Only 4 failed the run. Glad it's over and hopefully crack on with the rest if the process as quickly as possible. Good luck

  2. meatbinbanquet
    Started by meatbinbanquet,

    Im trying to brush up on my competency skills for my upcoming second interview. I would really appreciate it if someone could throw a few questions at me so I can try and fit my experiences around them. The relevant competencies are "serving the public", "openness to change" , "service delivery", "professionalism", "decision making", and "working with others". Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 366 views
    meatbinbanquet
  3. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Hi all, firstly good luck to whoever is applying for the BTP. Is that true you can apply for 2 forces, for example BTP and the MET at the same time? As ive just read what has been written, and I was under the impression you could only sit 1 assessment centre within a 6 month period? I'm jut curious as to how you could get around this point? What If one force give you an AC date and then the other force Did?

    • 1 reply
    • 320 views
    meatbinbanquet
  4. lisad
    Started by lisad,

    Ive tried to search but seemingly have failed. If your BMI is over 32 is that an instant fail? Im trying so hard to get my BMI down before day 2 (awaiting a reschedule) Has anyone recently passed day 2 with a BMI over 32?

  5. sirius036
    Started by sirius036 * ,

    Hello, I have recently passed my application stage and been passed the 30 minute phone interview. The phone call is on Wednesday. What do I need to look at to prepare for this stage of the interview?

  6. fairbs2705
    Started by fairbs2705,

    Starting this topic for those on the 12th May intake! Passed the final fitness today so just waiting for conformation :)

  7. callzo
    Started by callzo,

    Finished stage 2 of the recruitment process yesterday just wondering how long it takes to receive the application form if I am successful. Stage 1 and 2 where within a week of each other and I'm heading of on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks. Don't think I'll get access to it! Slightly worried. Thanks for the help in advance!

  8. shane.turner.330
    Started by shane.turner.330 * ,

    Hello all, I'm new to the forum so would like to introduce myself. I currently serving in HM Armed Forces and I'm looking at leaving to pursue a career with the police. I've been looking at the MoD police as I think this might suit my military back ground, but Im also interested in Thames Valley police. Apart from the information which is on the website can anyone give me a little more information on the actually job role, powers etc? Do the MoD police differ much from the home office police or are they the same with just jurisdiction separating them? Any info would be very appreciated. Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    shane.turner.330 *
  9. Andymac851546621209
    Started by Andymac851546621209 * ,

    Anyone currently in Warwickshire or know anything about the force such as shift patterns and what it's like on response/ neighbourhood policing. Currently in the Met Police but will try to transfer to Warwickshire soon for family reasons. What is life like in Warwickshire police compared to somewhere busy like Met Police. Where do people parade out of? What's response team and neighbourhood teams like? What's good and what's bad about it. Any info would be appreciated as I don know anyone in the force.

    SecMiddlesexIPA
  10. batman17

    Hi I was pulled over for speeding on the motorway in 2011, I was also breathalysed and shown to be over the limit (the afternoon after the night before) so was arrested. When I got to the police station and blew into the intoximeter, I blew under and was released without charge. I was rightly convicted for speeding (SP50) and received 6 points and a £300 fine. I am not too worried about this as it's the first time (and only time) I've ever been in trouble with the authorities, however I'm unsure of what the view on the arrest for driving whilst over the limit will be. Even though I blew under and was released. There's no charge or no conviction but I have disclosed it a…

    SecMiddlesexIPA
  11. Airman101
    Started by Airman101,

    Quick question, I am aware that it is probably easier to get the train/underground however does anybody know if there is any parking close by?

  12. PeaceOfMind
    Started by PeaceOfMind * ,

    Hi guys, This is my first post on the forums so please pardon any mistakes or rule breaks! I sincerely apologise for any that may occur in this post. Since this is one of the most active and populated police related websites on the web, I come here today to tell you guys of my position and my future plans - and I would kindly ask you to give me your opinions. I am an 18-year-old, white ethnic background male who lives just outside of London. I am just about to finish college and get my A-levels - which are of my highest priority right now. The next step for me is to go to university, which the plan is to study law. But my predicament is that I would really like to jo…

    SecMiddlesexIPA
  13. davidqu85
    Started by davidqu85 * ,

    Good afternoon I am actually posting on here on behalf of my wife, she is really interested in pursing a career in the police. Cut a long story short, how will her application be affected by me having criminal convictions? Last conviction was in 2009 for assault Various others prior to that for breach of the peace and drink driving. I realise they are now all spent convictions but still was worried if it would affect her application. I actually work in an MOD building which requires security clearance DVA vetting, which I managed to get okay with my convictions but I would think he police vetting would be different. I also think her father has a conviction for assa…

  14. LBTYE
    Started by LBTYE * ,

    Hiya, I have my Day 1 Assessment on 12th May (Yey!) Anyone else going to this? Anyone have any tips for the day? Appreciate you can't say too much but any help will be greatly appreciated!! Thank you : )

  15. mekiz
    Started by mekiz,

    STA provides the CKP, they come HIGHLY recommended by me. If you are able to get to high wycombe on a sunday then you will not be disappointed. I understand people want to get their CKP as quick as possible but going with this provider you will NOT be disapponted. The tutors are either retired or currently serving officers and are very thorough. I am SO very pleased with them and would highly recommend them. So if anyone is interested check them out. You will learn and retain the information you need for Hendon!!!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.