Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Window MoP
    Started by Window MoP,

    Hi all, I have a conditional offer for 999 Call Handler with West Mids Police :-). Can anyone give me an idea what the Police Staff medical is likely to entail? Is it differnt to the officer medical?# I am not worried about vetting as already work in a Police building and was in the Prisons before that but am getting in a bit of a tiswas about the Medical... Thanks!

    • 4 replies
    • 365 views
  2. daveboyd
    Started by daveboyd,

    Hi, does anyone know if I were to transfer to another force, would I be paid at the same pay scale (as its been frozen for two years) or would I be paid for the correct level of service that I now have?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. ccmm
    Started by ccmm,

    I've not found a decent answer to this despite looking at the Met homepage and their infos about recruitment, so help is appreciated: What kind of references are they asking for and how many - I'm thinking 1 personal and 1 professional (current employer)? Does it have to be my manager or is a co-worker OK as well? I don't really want to send it to HR if I don't have to. Do they write to them before or after vetting?

    J D Goldstien
  4. Kerrym127
    Started by Kerrym127,

    I have my initial fitness test on the 19th of March, anyone else on here have that same date? Also, do you find out your initial interview date that same day?

  5. Samuelm
    Started by Samuelm * ,

    HI Ladies and Gents Just a quick Query! I have my day two soon, I have all the required documents apart from an original copy of my birth certificate (I have a colour copy which has been sent to me by family members), due to the certificate being out of close proximity I have been unable to attain such before the assessment day, would the copy suffice? Would I get turned away at the assessment day? Would you recommend re scheduling the day two until I am in receipt of the original? My only concern is that it will prevent me from taking part in the day two. Your thoughts are appreciated! Kind Regards, Sam.

  6. owenmorgan
    Started by owenmorgan,

    Just setting this thread up to see if anyone has gone through or going through the current recruitment drive and having to give 2 months or more notice from employer? My employer contracts me to 3 month notice, so curious to see if anyone has similar experience to this as I am guessing it will be treated quite differently to the typical '4 week notice you can start at the end of the month' scenario

  7. LLB2014
    Started by LLB2014,

    Hi, Does anyone know if withdrawing your application to the MPS would prevent you from reapplying in the future? Or if the 6 month rule applies? Thanks

  8. Nathan92
    Started by Nathan92 * ,

    Hi, If anyone here has recently passed the final interview for Police Scotland and can give me any advice? My interview is tomorrow and I have done loads of studying on the job and around my competencies. I have spoke with various officers and even visited Tulliallan. For those of you that have passed this if you could tell me one thing for tomorrow what would it be? Thanks, Nathan

  9. smudger11546082745
    Started by smudger11546082745,

    So I have been through all the stages up to the home visit, this is being held off until after my vetting (they've even got my reference!) The problem is that my vetting is being held up due to me having relatives living outside of the force area I have applied for (shock horror!) Apparently one of my relatives lives in a force area with a massive back log of vetting applications, this means that they can not progress with my application any further. What is worse is that my chosen force can't chase the one with the back log due to them having already made everyone aware of their problem so no one can do a thing about it! The most ridiculous thing about all this is th…

    smudger11546082745
  10. Stephanie Convery
    Started by Stephanie Convery,

    Hi all, I have my day 1 on Wednesday. Have been reading helpful books, doing the online exercises and have had some guidance from a friend who is currently training. While I'm feeling ok about most of the process, I'm incredibly nervous about the interviews. I have the core competencies memories, but I can't think of how on earth I can put these into relation to my experiences. It's not that I don't believe in them or apply them to my daily life, I'm just struggling to make the connection and I'm getting myself a bit panicked. Totally understand that actual questions and answers can't be posted here, but any tips or advice would be most welcome. Thank you!…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Andy_D
    Started by Andy_D,

    Anyone on recent in takes and who are eligible had any luck getting back their CKP fee yet?

    Cups for Cops
  12. irishwarrior
    Started by irishwarrior,

    Are you still waiting on your start date? having passed day 1 and day 2? How long have you been waiting? Are you chasing hr direct? If you have got start date did you need to chase it much?

    Cups for Cops
  13. Window MoP
    Started by Window MoP,

    Evening all. I have a Police Staff interview on Wednesday for West Mids for a 999 Call handler roll. I have been advised that it is not a competency based interview/questions which has somewhat thrown me as that is what I was expecting. Anyone got any advice or pointers for a non competency based Police interview? thanks!

    • 0 replies
    • 330 views
  14. MB891546082779
    Started by MB891546082779,

    I'm not sure what sort of reference to put down as I was self employed. Does anyone have any idea? I didn't have an accountant, the closest thing to a supplier was graphic design but that was a family member so they wouldn't be appropriate. I don't have any contact with any of my customers and I'm not sure if they would be appropriate.

  15. Velvet
    Started by Velvet,

    Starting this for the people who are applying during the Autumn 2013

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.