Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. daneil
    Started by daneil * ,

    Hiya all im 21 years of age and recently filled in my details pre registration for the west midlands police as a pc. ive completed a level 2 public services and a level 3 national diploma uniformed public services course and never applied for the police since i passed 2 years ago due to no pc jobs being listed within the west midlands.I really want to become a pc and heard it aint easy to get in just want a little more info on the application form is it hard to fill in with questions etc ? also the situation judgement test would that be timed and multiple choice. what sort of questions would be asked via telephone interview also if am successful on them parts and invited …

  2. Cups for Cops
    Started by Cups for Cops,

    I and one other person I know who are currently both PCSOs are still waiting for start dates. Due to recruitment departments mistakes I am languishing in never never land. We have been told that there are no more confirmed start dates for PCSO to PC courses. Are there any more PCSOs waiting for start dates, or is it just us two?

    Cups for Cops
  3. KeithyBoy75
    Started by KeithyBoy75,

    Hi Folks. How's it going? Just wondered how many are in the same position as me as in just waiting for a start date potentially in March? I've done all stages and am poised for action! Anyone heard anything about potential start dates in March? Hopefully it'll be a big intake. If I don't get March then it'll be another fitness test, SMT and medical for me! Anyone the same? Cheers.

  4. rubyblue
    Started by rubyblue,

    I just got the call :biggrin: who else is on this intake and is everyone organised or not yet?

  5. macleod10
    Started by macleod10,

    Police Scotland Recruitment - Final Interview February 2014 Hi guys, anyone got their final interview and assessment day at the beginning of February?

    AMR1546621272
  6. Ces1987
    Started by Ces1987,

    By any chance is anyone looking to buy parade shoes? I'm just out of college and selling mine, they are Loakes, highly bulled and hardly worn. £80 new and price still on box. Obviously will sell for less and can post.

  7. Joberate

    Workforce Development Manager £44,417-£50,970 Ref: MOPAC13 The Mayor’s Office for Policing and Crime (MOPAC) is the organisation through which the Mayor of London exercises his role as Police and Crime Commissioner for the capital. This role will directly contribute to an increase in public confidence in the Metropolitan Police Service by identifying underperformance and areas of risk in the reforms taking place in a workforce 32000 strong. The role will also support a 20% reduction in police costs and a 20% reduction in crime. This is a rare opportunity to put your skills and experience to good use; making a real difference to life in the capital and developing your ca…

  8. Window MoP
    Started by Window MoP,

    Hi all, Not been on here for an age. Am completing an application for Control Room call handler and have a vetting question, wondering if anyone can put me at ease. My boyfriend was sent on a driver improvement course in 2007 following an RTC where he was at fault (pulled out at a junction) - he was offered this as opposed to points/fine and I think it was driving without care and attention or similar. Is this likely to affect me in any way?! Nothing else apart from a speeing awareness course on his record. thorirI have already passed Prison Service and Police vetting for my current role as I work in a police building for the Local Authority, but wasnt with my …

  9. Jamie661
    Started by Jamie661 * ,

    Hi, this question has probably been asked a thousand times but nothing came up on the search. How long did it take each of you to get right through recruitment? Each stage would be really helpful if possible, I ask as I've just applied this week and was planning on leaving Uni at the end of this semester if I was successful but wondered if finishing my Honours year (May 2015) was possible before completing recruitment. Also has anyone heard of anyone managing to get a deferred entry to finish Uni? Cheers Jamie

  10. Cockney_Doris
    Started by Cockney_Doris,

    I ask because I did mine through Bluelight who did not give us NCALT access - despite charging us more than serving specials/police staff - and while talking to fellow students on my intake, I discovered all of them had NCALT access via their various course providers! The group of us who did our CKP through Bluelight are a bit miffed as we were supposed to complete a bunch of NCALT courses before we began training school and will now have to spend extra time doing them.

    Milly1546621271
  11. ccmm
    Started by ccmm,

    Hi! I've applied to join MPS via the Graduate Entry Scheme I've done all the assessments and tests of Stage 1 (Behavioural Styles, London Factor, Situational Judgment) and the next step in recruitment is 'Week commencing 16 December' where the ones successful in Stage 1 are invited to complete an application form. So far, I have not received an email confirming whether I've been successful in those tests or not. I have not received an application form, but their recruiting information online states this must be received back 3rd of January? Does anybody know whether this means anything specific? I did try and email the HR department, who only said they'd received my a…

    Cockney_Doris
  12. Cups for Cops
    Started by Cups for Cops,

    Hi I'm a Met PCSO currently waiting for a start date for PC. Was hoping to get in the March intake, but I seem to have been forgotten about. Everyone I know, internal and external has either started training or has a March start date. It seems to be just me left. Anyone else in the same boat?

    Cups for Cops
  13. GGJJ1
    Started by GGJJ1,

    I've got my Day 1 Assessment coming up soon and have just be reading through the Counter Terrorism Documentation. I checked back through my original application to help with filling out the information and have noticed none of the information I have filled detailing a spent driving conviction 8 years ago has been included. I am at a complete loss as to what to o here, When i submitted the date, all information was present. I've checked it now and all details indicate it as blank under that section. I have no idea what on earth I should do in this situation and am stressing myself out trying to figure out what I should do. Any help would be appreciated.

  14. lhall13
    Started by lhall13,

    Hey there, My boyfriend passed the application stage of recruitment to be a police officer and received that news on January 3rd. He received a letter today however informing him that due to his non-attendance of the assessment day on the 13th of February, his application would be withdrawn. He had checked his mail and email every day since the news of his application and had still received no information of when the assessment would be, which is therefore why he missed it. Is there anything he can do seeing as it was not his fault he missed the assessment? Thanks!

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  15. Clarkey3593
    Started by Clarkey3593 * ,

    I have a board for a RPD vacancy coming up soon and was looking for some example questions if any one has any.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.