Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Does anyone happen to know any police force that is accepting Assessment centre transfer scores at the moment, with a score of 54%? Many thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 370 views
  2. Pretty_snail
    Started by Pretty_snail,

    I'm interested in attending a course to help you prepare for the interview/role play etc. But can find any in scotland, does anyone know where I should look or better yet any links to a helpful website

  3. Zeus13
    Started by Zeus13,

    Good morning everyone, I'm new so bear with me, I have used the search function and google to not much avail, I can probably imagine why but I thought I would ask to get a clearer picture of actual pay. I won't say to much for my own privacy, but in a nutshell the force I am interested in starts pay at 22k plus 1k Location allowance, and 10% shift allowance. Now this is a lot lot less than I currently earn, and my only concern is the financial viability of this, so what I would like to know is: 1 - When is the location allowance awarded? Is this for people who live in a different area to what the force covers, or is it a distance thing from the placed station…

    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

  5. TheMajor
    Started by TheMajor,

    My eyesight is slightly unusual. My left eye is near perfect and my right eye is bad (lazy eye). My prescription is left: +0.50 and my right +4.25. Without any glasses or contacts, I can read to the bottom of the chart with my left eye and I can read 6/36 with my right eye. And to the bottom with both. With corrected vision, I can read to the bottom with my left eye (obliviously) and with my right eye I have trouble reading 6/12. I can read the line above it. And with both, again I can read to the bottom. My optician said I would fail the police eyesight test. However, my interpretation was that as the police state "with either eye", my right eye wouldn't really …

  6. josh1992
    Started by josh1992 * ,

    Hey guys just posting to clarify where exactly Cambridgeshire police training (for full time) takes place. When I attended a recruitment evening I was told that if successful training would take place in some London station (cant recall the name). However after visiting the Cambridgeshire police website it says that initial training to special constable level takes place in Huntingdon. Can anyone clear this up for me?? thanks guys!

  7. Griffin1546081308
    Started by Griffin1546081308,

    Well, seeing as I can't see a thread yet I thought I would start one! Has anyone heard back from their app. form as yet? Mine only dropped into the mail box yesterday, so the wait starts now!

  8. officer7161
    Started by officer7161,

    Just wondering : has anyone been told where their training centres will be? is it on any of the emails that has been sent to us. I have only been ordered to turn up at Hendon later on in Feb, but I've heard that there are 3 training locations and they may send us to any 3? if so, how do we find out? thanks :)

  9. weenic
    Started by weenic,

    Hi Started in Jan 2014 at Tulliallan. I know basics about accomodation, course work and what to expect in your first week. Anyone going at a later date feel free to ask questions and I will try my best. I know there will be more experienced folk who will help answer any questions as well. Cheers

    Marshall1546620991
  10. KevinC999
    Started by KevinC999,

    Absolutely shattered now but what a week. Started off with loads of talks, then straight into it. Great experience so far Was good meeting people from here

  11. DK1111
    Started by DK1111 * ,

    Hi guys, I've been asked to my Day 1 assessment in early March. I wondered what the time scale was for the rest of the recruitment process; Day 2, fitness tests, DNA, Fingerprints, Drug Tests and when, if successful, training might start? Thanks

    Captain11546082779
  12. SavannahMackie
    Started by SavannahMackie,

    I emailed my application to police Scotland 7 weeks ago (8/11/13) and 3 days later I received confirmation but I have not heard anything since, has anyone else waited this long?

  13. mark1284
    Started by mark1284,

    Hi I recently applied to North Yorkshire Police and I'm on a NRAC holding list. Does anyone have an update on this as I've contacted recruitment but yet to receive a reply? Also, would I still be able to apply to another force? Thanks Mark

  14. josh1992

    Sorry for this ti be my first post guys, I hope to post more in the future however, I feel as though this may be urgent. I recently applied to be a special constable (with ambitions to become a full time pc) however soon after applying I saw that my local force were hiring full time pcs as probationers, rather sneakily I might add this wasn't advertised under vacancies but was instead under events on the website. So I was wondering if I should withdraw my special application so it doesn't conflict with my probationer application?

  15. nairnrobb321
    Started by nairnrobb321,

    I was just wondering if anybody had confirmation for starting on this date yet? I was told by recruitment recently in an email that this would be the next intake date and they were just waiting for confirmation of numbers from the college.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.