Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. chrispick1977
    Started by chrispick1977,

    Hi everyone I took my PCSO assessment day at Wakefield for North Yorks police on January 28th and passed with an overall mark of 55%. Im now waiting for my email so I can book my final force interview at whisby wiske HQ. Just wanted to know if anyone could offer any advice and knows if my fitness test will be on the same day?

  2. jimbo2810
    Started by jimbo2810,

    Hello all, I have a transfer interview on the 7th March. Does anyone know what type of questions will be asked? I'm currently working on my application examples but concerned they may want something different. Any ideas? Many thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  3. X-Nod
    Started by X-Nod,

    Hello, Looking for some advice, would Lowa Patrols be acceptable for tulliallan or is the waterproof rubber part a no no? I have a pair already, a few scuff marks on them through use but with cash being tight ideally I would like to wear these during training, or is it advisable to bite the bullet and spend on a new pair of magnums etc that dont have the scuffs etc? Cheers

  4. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Does anyone know what BTP have as a pass mark for their AC? And if they are accepting AC transfer scores beings they are recruiting at the moment?? Thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 540 views
  5. Future_officer
    Started by Future_officer,

    Hi All, The NCA are beginning their recruitment drive tomorrow: http://www.ncacareers.com/how-to-apply.html Who is going to apply? And why? I may. What have I got to loose.

  6. Polmere
    Started by Polmere * ,

    Hi All, I'm soon due to undertake the assessment day and was wondering how the competency based interview questions are asked. Am I expecting to be asked to give an example to fit a certain competency or will the question be slightly more abstract and therefore less clear on which competency they are referring to? For example, will it be something like - Give me an example of a time when you have shown professionalism? or Give me an example of a time when you have had to deal with a difficult situation in connection with a member of the public? Thanks in advance

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views
  7. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

    For MDP Officers If given the choice. Which is the better posting and why? AWE A or B - Pros/Cons etc....... Thanks MM

  8. Irontiger
    Started by Irontiger,

    Ok just some guidance around some details 1. My brother is a resident of HMP would I put the prison he's based at as the address? 2. I resigned from my job in October and have done some temping since then. Would it be best to put this with the company's I worked for? Cheers in advance.

  9. Garystewart84
    Started by Garystewart84,

    Hi folks, Just wondering what the requirements are to swim whilst on your 12 week training? I cant really swim so slightly worried about this part.... Thanks in advance G

  10. MeanMachine22
    Started by MeanMachine22,

    Currently in the middle of a transfer from MetPol to MDP, however, having trouble getting pension information. Anyone here going from Home Office to MDP with same issue?

  11. stitch_83
    Started by stitch_83,

    I read a lot on here about the interview and competencies, my question is brief. What are the major differences between the initial and final interviews in terms of the contents of the questions and detail required etc? i.e. will the same answers work, with a little more beef to back them up, or are the questions from a different "pool"? thanks in advance Stuart

    • 0 replies
    • 489 views
  12. mard21
    Started by mard21,

    Hi all as the headline says I'm just wondering how in depth is the medical for the MOD police. Do they go quite in depth with sight, hearing etc due to the nature of firearms. Many thanks.

    Jaystars1546080907
  13. goggy84
    Started by goggy84,

    Anyone one here attend this ac and have they had any news yet

  14. The surgeon
    Started by The surgeon * ,

    Hi can anyone help. If you have been given post of Bronze commander, are you chosen or do you have to apply for the post ? Thanks

  15. stuartgavin
    Started by stuartgavin * ,

    Hi, I'm starting my training at Hendon on Monday 24th February 2014 and was just wondering if there was anybody else on this forum who will also be starting on the 24th?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.