Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Regulars

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the police service as a regular officer that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Scottgem0805
    Started by Scottgem0805,

    I start on January 13th and need some general info. Is there wifi available that we can use? Is there a shared kitchen or something if we wanna make a cup of tea or do a microwave meal? Do each of the rooms have an iron and ironing board or are they shared? Any info would be great!

  2. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    I have a medical assessment in 4 days for an Immigration officer role and have been asked to attend a medical assessment which includes having my BMI checked, urine, lung capacity etc... Question. I asked HR a month ago if I needed to prepare in any way for the medical assessment I.e. BMI etc and was told no, all I needed to do was to see a nurse for 15 mins etc to answer some questions. Now that I have the appointment two things concern me. How do they check lung capacity? And I think my BMI is ok as I am fit and healthy but might have overdone it a bit over Xmas with the mince pies so may be slightly over the Home office guidelines of 30 but how exact are they going …

    operationfirestorm
  3. saffaguy
    Started by saffaguy,

    This topic is mainly for Tom91 and Richb85 as I am unable to contact them by private message and was advised to do it this way to contact them by the moderators. Tom91 and Richb85 I believe you transferred your day 1 results over to the Met. Can I ask how you did this? When you were given the application form did you have to re do the application form including the competencies or was it just a basic application form? I have completed my day 1 with another force with a pass mark of 71% back in September and want to transfer this over to the Met. Thanks for the info

  4. operationfirestorm
    Started by operationfirestorm,

    HI, Anyone else have their assessment on 3rd September 2013? be great to hear from any of you? or am I alone LOL

  5. JVet
    Started by JVet,

    Hi Folks, I have a day 1 coming up and feel fine about it however the interview is making me slightly apprehensive. I have had the four subject areas sent to me that they will be assessing and I'll have no problem coming up with examples that meet the competencies for each. However, this is where I have questions: Is it clear from the question asked which competency area they are assessing? Did you prepare once answer for each competency area and use that regardless of the question knowing that your answer covered all competencies? Thanks.

  6. VDB87
    Started by VDB87,

    Hi all just wondering if anyone is on the march 24th intake? Also have you had your final offer or medical as yet? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    • 0 replies
    • 990 views
  7. VDB87
    Started by VDB87,

    Forum to see who else is on the intake for TVP march 24th. Has anyone had their final offer or medical as yet?! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. fairbs2705
    Started by fairbs2705,

    Hello, having passed the SETS and first fitness and receiving a date for my interview things seem to be moving okay. Anyone else passed and preparing for their interview ?

  9. George11
    Started by George11,

    Hey guys, who also has a fitness on the above date? I'm both excited and nervous!!

  10. Sunissa87
    Started by Sunissa87,

    Anyone else have their fitness test for Suffolk on Friday 13th? Surely there are more than two of us on here!

  11. Kojak1983
    Started by Kojak1983,

    Just wondering who else has their final fitness and substance misuse test on the above date? P.S Strathclyde is my legacy force.

  12. Tester1989
    Started by Tester1989,

    How much did yours cost, Just got back from my GP and they want £75. Is this normal.

  13. Bazinga
    Started by Bazinga,

    When filling in the form when it says 'grade, rank or job title' do you put your current role or the role you have applied for? Thanks

  14. Velvet
    Started by Velvet,

    Whats the ruling on piercings in Scotland. Obviously remove the jewerly on shift, but you'l still be able to see the pierced hole.

  15. sparky107
    Started by sparky107 * ,

    Hi all, Does anyone have any info on timescales between passing the application stage and assessment centre dates? I am currently in the long wait for the assessment date and on speaking with a few local guys it could be 18 months Any news is much appreciated thanks Sparky

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.